ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Successful Tier 2 to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

blueskies89
Pakistan

Supporting Document Upload - Passport(s) For ILR

Post by blueskies89 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:51 pm

Hi,

I will keep it short and simple.

Prior to coming to UK I visited Dubai few times during 2007 - 2009 on passport 1.
I came to UK in 2009 on Tier 4 - on passport 2.
I travelled to Dubai in 2010 - on passport 2.
I got Tier 2 in 2014 - on passport 3.
I got extension of Tier 2 in 2017 - on passport 3.
(Since I got Tier 2 I didn't travel out of UK)
My passport 3 got expired few months ago and now I got passport 4.

I am applying for ILR in few days and there were questions about my travel history in SET(O) form which I provided.
Now, my question is do I have to upload scans of all my passports (including first page and pages where I have stamps of exit and entry). Or do I just need to upload the scan of passport 4?

If you could please answer my query I shall be very grateful to you.

Many Thanks,
BlueSkies89

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Supporting Document Upload - Passport(s) For ILR

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:06 pm

Upload all the relevant pages of the passports in the last 5 years (e.g pages of your biometric information and all exit/entry stamps)
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

blueskies89
Pakistan

Re: Supporting Document Upload - Passport(s) For ILR

Post by blueskies89 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:14 pm

Thanks a lot Zimba.

blueskies89
Pakistan

Tier 2 to ILR Travel History.

Post by blueskies89 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:38 pm

Hi,

I will keep it short and simple.

I am applying for ILR based on Tier 2 (General) (5 year route).

I entered in UK in 2009 on student visa and visited Dubai few times during 2009 to 2012.
I got Tier 2 (General) visa in 2014 till 2020. Since I got my Tier 2 visa I didn't travel out of UK since then.

My questions are:
Question 1
When did you first enter the UK? (Required)
This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started.

Shall I enter the date I was granted Tier 2 visa upon which I am applying for visa? or shall I enter 2009?

Question 2
Since you first entered the UK, have you had any absences from the UK? (Required)
This includes any absences however short. Do not include travel to Crown Dependencies.

Shall I say no here because I didn't travel out of UK since 2014? or shall I say yes and enter the details of my travel history from 2009 to 2012? or shall I enter my travel history since I was born?

If you could please help me with the above questions I shall be very grateful to you.

Many Thanks,
BlueSkies89

blueskies89
Pakistan

Tier 2 to ILR - Absence Letter

Post by blueskies89 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:56 pm

Hi,

I was granted Tier 2 (General) visa in 2014 and I am due to apply to ILR and came across this requirement in guidance notes:

If any of your absences are in connection with employment you will need to provide a letter from the relevant employer detailing the purpose and period of absences, including periods of annual leave.

I have taken annual leave of 34 days every year and didn't travel out of UK since I was granted Tier 2 visa.

My question is do I still need to provide letter listing my absences (annual leave) or it's only for individuals who travelled out of UK?

If you could please help me with this I shall be very grateful to you.

Many Thanks,
BlueSkies89

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 to ILR - Absence Letter

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:32 pm

Can you please keep your questions on the same application in ONE topic!!!

If you have not had ANY absence, personal or business, then clearly no letter is required regarding absence out of the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

blueskies89
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 to ILR - Absence Letter

Post by blueskies89 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:54 pm

Thanks CR001,

Could you please confirm if I interpreted your response correctly i.e.

I don't need a letter from my employer listing my absences (annual leave) because I didn't travel out of UK?
Is that correct?

Sorry English is not my first language so just confirming if I interpreted your response correctly :)

Many Thanks,
BlueSkies89

blueskies89
Pakistan

Successful Tier 2 to ILR

Post by blueskies89 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:14 pm

Hi,

@Moderators I don't know where to put this but I am adding it here. Please move it where you think is appropriate and don't be angry at me :)

@Everyone applying for ILR from Tier 2 on 5 year route.

I got Tier 2 in 2014 for 3 years.
Got an extension in 2017 for another 3 years.
Didn't travel outside of UK during this time.
Applied for ILR in May/April 2019.

Below is the list of documents I added with my application
1) Company Letter
2) Most recent 2 passports (I had 4 altogether - I took all for my appointment just in case if they ask for old ones)
3) UK Degree Certificate
4) Life in UK test certificate
5) Bank Statement for two months from my account where I get my salary (though one month is required)
6) Last two months payslips (though only one is required)
7) Tier 2 Biometric
8 ) Signed Consent form
9) The lady asked me for my driving licence. Luckily, I had a driving licence with me so I just gave it to her for scan/check.

The below point in the requirement was not applicable for me as I think it's required for individuals who are combining 5 year route with another visa e.g. Tier 1.
For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 2 migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules. For further information concerning the evidence required, please refer to the Tier 2 migrant policy guidance on our website

I see many people attaching travel history document from their employer but it wasn't applicable for me as I didn't travel out of UK since I was granted Tier 2.

Visa Processing Dates:
Service: Super Priority Service (additional £800 charge)
Applied online: 30th March, 2019
Got an appointment in Croydon: 1st April, 2019
Received email confirmation that IRL has been granted to me: 2nd April, 2019 - Thanks to ALLAH (S.W.T)
Received post confirmation letter: 3rd April, 2019
Received Biometric: 4th April, 2019

I hope it was helpful. If any questions feel free to ask by replying to this post.

Thanks to @Moderators and @Everyone here for helping me with my application :)

Many Thanks,
BlueSkies89

cracker1234

Re: Successful Tier 2 to ILR

Post by cracker1234 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:46 pm

Congrates Blueskies89.
I will be really grateful to you if you can clarify the following queries please :

1. Only holidays spent outside of UK in last 5 years need to be included in the Absence letter?
2. Beyond 5 years (e.g. 10 years back) , any place visited not required to include in the application, but if lived outside of UK(not home country), then include them.
3. Can get absence letter and employer letter 28 days before the date of application (DOA). Can the bank statement also be collected 28 days before DOA ?
4. I may be reading incorrectly please correct me if I am wrong - Reading other's posts, i have seen there is only 1 downloaded consent form collating home office(HO), joint account and third-party consents. If I sign only the HO consent portion and the rest two keep blank. Is that correct ?

Please response. TIA.

cracker1234

Re: Successful Tier 2 to ILR

Post by cracker1234 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:11 pm

Hi Blueskyies89,

Can you please clarify the following :

1. Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?
-- Now I have understood that I need to enter my country of birth as I lived there including other countries that I lived other than UK. My query is the application asks for "Date you lived there from" and "Date you lived there to" ? As I was born in my native country, do I need to enter from the date of birth till the day I traveled outside and again enter when I come back to my country and traveled outside details.
E.g. Suppose I was born on 1st Jan 1984. Went to US on 1st Jan, 2005. Came back from US on 1st May 2005 and lived in my country till 1st Jan, 2008. Again went to NZ on 1st Jan, 2008 and came back on 1st MAy 2008. Again came to UK on 1st June, 2014 and living here. So, I need to fill the form as below :
Native country from 01/01/1984 to 01/01/2005.
US from 01/01/2005 to 01/05/2005.
Native country from 01/05/2005 to 01/01/2008
NZ from 01/01/2008 to 01/05/2008
Native country from 01/01/2008 to 01/06/2014.

Is it correct ?

2. Is there only one downloaded consent form (for HO, Joint A/C and third-party)?
Please please correct me if I am wrong. TIA.