ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa for child from wife's first marriage

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ibrahim9140
Newly Registered

Spouse visa for child from wife's first marriage

Post by ibrahim9140 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:45 pm

Hi everyone hope you guys can help me I did not find my answer any where.

I am British national I am married to indian Muslim women. This is my first marriage.My wife has daughter from her first marriage. Daughter is of age 9. My wife first marriage was dissolved by kazi(Islamic scholar) and as her ex husband was not willing to give divorce. The Islamic divorce is fully acceptable by indian law as it on indian goverment stamp paper.

My question;

Now I would like to bring my wife and her daughter with me to settle here in uk. The divorce decree states the custody of child will belong to mother only. But father will provide Rs.2000( roughly £19) per month and is allowed to meet his daughter once month. What documents will I need to provide for my wife and her daughter. I have also applied for guardianship of my wife's daughter to indian government which has been accepted.

I am open to all suggestion please advice.

Kind regards,

To everyone.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa for child from wife's first marriage

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:59 pm

In link below about sole responsibility. If father has visitation rights and pays towards the child and needs his consent or permission to take the child, the mother is unlikely to have sole responsibility.

immigration-for-family-members/sole-res ... 13087.html

Did she get her divorce before marrying you?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:00 pm

The advice hasn't changed since you asked the question in 2017!!

immigration-for-family-members/wife-chi ... l#p1571978
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:02 pm

And in 2015. Again, if her divorce was issued after your marriage to her, there are other issues you will face.

immigration-for-family-members/help-mar ... l#p1146321
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ibrahim9140
Newly Registered

Post by ibrahim9140 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:08 pm

Yes got married after divorce. What if my wife files a case and wins a sole responsibility custody. Would we still require letter from him?

And if we can get letter from her father. What kind of letter has is it. For e.g. do I need the letter to be on stamp paper.

doraramu84
India

Post by doraramu84 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:29 am

Hi,

I am in a similar situation.

Have your wife had success in proving sole responsibility for her daughter? If so, What kind of document or order did you get from the Indian court?

I am a single mother looking to bring my son from India to UK. I am going for Guardianship order from the court. My divorce decree does not say anything about child custody. My son have had no contact with his father.

Thanks