ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Online Form for baby born in the UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mo_haq
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

MN1 Online Form for baby born in the UK

Post by mo_haq » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:34 am

Hi All,

I have applied for MN1 form for my 2 years daughter.

have submitted the form online. Just have few questions.

- have put as British citizen on Nationality ( As she dont hold any passport ) not sure that's correct & impact her application. ( Both parents are Indians )
- What is Time Line for the Application Process ?
- We done it with new service ( Supra service ) there was only option available Standard no priority service ?

Please advise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1 Online Form for baby born in the UK

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:39 am

- have put as British citizen on Nationality ( As she dont hold any passport ) not sure that's correct & impact her application. ( Both parents are Indians )
Was her birth registered at the Indian embassy?? If yes, you should have put Indian. If not, she is Stateless. She definitely is NOT a British citizen yet.
- What is Time Line for the Application Process ?
It can take a few weeks or up to 6 months, sometimes longer.
- We done it with new service ( Supra service ) there was only option available Standard no priority service ?
There is NO 'priority' or 'fast track' service for British citizenship applications!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mo_haq
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mo_haq » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:58 am

NO she has not been registered as Indian in Indian Embassy,
I know she is stateless but you cannot leave the box blank, So put as British Citizen.

Can I make amendment after I submitted the form?
Or Covering letter to explain that?

THANKS

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:01 am

NO she has not been registered as Indian in Indian Embassy,
I know she is stateless but you cannot leave the box blank, So put as British Citizen.
My understanding is that it is possible to put stateless, many have done this. You should then have put Indian.
Can I make amendment after I submitted the form?
No.
Or Covering letter to explain that?
Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SivaPrasad30
Newly Registered
India

Post by SivaPrasad30 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:31 am

HI
I recently applied for mn1 for my baby she got her red passport now.

From your query I can understand that one of the parent is holding ILR isn't?

If so, both parents needs to be updated as Indian and baby as well ( my baby does not have any nationality before applying for mn1), so we need to update baby nationality as Indian. In the reasons box - we need to explain why we didn't apply for the nationality. That's enough. And mentioning as stateless is different process, pls google it.

It just taken 3 weeks to her process the mn1 and getting red passport for us. Ho won't take too long for baby application.

Thanks

mo_haq
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mo_haq » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:57 am

Hi,
Thank you.
YES I have ILR granted this month & mother's FLR M application is pending.

some one advised us that we can put as British Citizen as she do not have indian passport nor registered with indian Embassy.

We are thinking of writing covering letter to explain things & requesting them to make changed on her current application.

Also we have paid £1030.20 for application fee & free supra biometric service. Does this include her British passport?
Or do we need to apply again after getting Citizenship certificate? Confused now.. previously they used to do both in council services.

Please advise

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:04 pm

We are thinking of writing covering letter to explain things & requesting them to make changed on her current application.
they won't 'change the application', they will likely just read the letter and note the contents. Make sure your letter is brief and not a long rambling emotional one.
Also we have paid £1030.20 for application fee & free supra biometric service. Does this include her British passport?
No, it does NOT include the passport.
Or do we need to apply again after getting Citizenship certificate? Confused now.. previously they used to do both in council services.
You can no longer apply for citizenship and passport at the same time. You will have to wait till you get the certificate before applying for the passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mo_haq
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mo_haq » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:23 pm

Thank you.

Do you know how much is the British Passport fee & Time Scale ?

When did this system was changed ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:27 pm

Roughly is £49 standard. You can also apply for a child passport using the 1 week Fast Track service, which costs extra.

https://www.gov.uk/get-a-child-passport ... d-passport
November last year when NCS and NDRS service was closed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

SivaPrasad30
Newly Registered
India

Post by SivaPrasad30 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:44 pm

mo_haq wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:57 am
Hi,
Thank you.

some one advised us that we can put as British Citizen as she do not have indian passport nor registered with indian Embassy.

Please advise

Hi,
You have similar situation as mine. I got ILR on that basis, we applied for baby's mn1. During that time, my partner's does not make any application ( that's a diff story, don't get confuse) due to her solicitors mistake she over stayed for 15 days. So during I make mn1 application, my partner's passport was held in ho ( last week my partner got her visa on the basis of British child)

So what I am trying to explain is, pls update that your wife is Indian, you can give just a copy of her passport, that's all enough. Ho will be mainly focusing on ILR holder proofs and your baby's birth certificate.

Your wife is the mother of your baby isn't? On order to proof the mothers parental responsibility birth certificate is enough.

Pls give the genuine info which will make your application successful. Vfs will see your documents what ever you informed on the application. I haven't make any covering letter. But as you want to change some info, you can make a covering letter.

SivaPrasad30
Newly Registered
India

Post by SivaPrasad30 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:46 pm

SivaPrasad30 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:44 pm
mo_haq wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:57 am
Hi,
Thank you.

Please advise

Hi,
You have similar situation as mine. I got ILR on that basis, we applied for baby's mn1. During that time, my partner's does not make any application ( that's a diff story, don't get confuse) due to her solicitors mistake she over stayed for 15 days. So during I make mn1 application, my partner's passport was held in ho ( last week my partner got her visa on the basis of British child)

So what I am trying to explain is, pls update that your wife is Indian, you can give just a copy of her passport, that's all enough. Ho will be mainly focusing on ILR holder proofs and your baby's birth certificate.

Your wife is the mother of your baby isn't? On order to proof the mothers parental responsibility birth certificate is enough.

Pls give the genuine info which will make your application successful. Vfs will see your documents what ever you informed on the application. I haven't make any covering letter. But as you want to change some info, you can make a covering letter.

For psssport that's different process, we need to £200 I am unsure about that. Will check and update you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:55 pm

SivaPrasad30 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:46 pm
For psssport that's different process, we need to £200 I am unsure about that. Will check and update you.
Nonsense. I have already posted what the cost is for a British passport!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mo_haq
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mo_haq » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:59 pm

Thank you.

Will putting British Citizen will affect her application, Do not want to confuse them writing covering letter ?

Documents planning to upload, Please correct if i'm missing anything or adding too much

Birth Certificate
Father's Passport & ILR
Mothers's Passport,previous BRP & pending application reference letter
Marriage certificate
Consent Form from both parents
Refree 1 form
Refree 2 form
Address Proof of both parents
Covering letter
Deed poll ( changed of surname )

Also we have changed our daughter's surname via deed pool do we need to write another covering letter ?

Thanks

SivaPrasad30
Newly Registered
India

Post by SivaPrasad30 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:28 pm

The uploading documents looks great. But I am unsure of just leaaving your wife nationality is British, actually she is Indian.

In the online application we need to update that does the baby have any previous surname in that case pls update the surname change document as well.

Pls get suggestion from any other legal person, keep the covering letter ready with you, once you go to the vfs for your appointment you can tell the people that you wrongly updated the nationality of the mother. They suggest you something ( it's my opinion, it's your choice to take it)

Hope all go good with your application

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:31 pm

SivaPrasad30 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:28 pm
The uploading documents looks great. But I am unsure of just leaaving your wife nationality is British, actually she is Indian.

In the online application we need to update that does the baby have any previous surname in that case pls update the surname change document as well.

Pls get suggestion from any other legal person, keep the covering letter ready with you, once you go to the vfs for your appointment you can tell the people that you wrongly updated the nationality of the mother. They suggest you something ( it's my opinion, it's your choice to take it)

Hope all go good with your application
Have you actually read the topic from first post??? It is NOT the wife's nationality the op put as British but the CHILD'S!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mo_haq
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mo_haq » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:48 pm

Shiv - we have put mother's nationality as Indian but we have mistakenly put baby nationality as British Citizen thats why we are planning to write covering explaining it was genuine lack of knowledge mistake

We have mentioned in the form that baby was known as other name previously as mentioned in birth certificate & now known as corrected name

Can u pls documents, thanks

SivaPrasad30
Newly Registered
India

Post by SivaPrasad30 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:02 pm

mo_haq wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:48 pm
Shiv - we have put mother's nationality as Indian but we have mistakenly put baby nationality as British Citizen thats why we are planning to write covering explaining it was genuine lack of knowledge mistake

We have mentioned in the form that baby was known as other name previously as mentioned in birth certificate & now known as corrected name

Can u pls documents, thanks

Apologies, I misunderstood the content, yes you can explain that in a covering letter.

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:21 pm

mo_haq wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:23 pm
Thank you.

It is £49 if you apply online. £5 extra if you want your documents to be returned by secure delievery. You can only apply for first child passport as standard service not fast track. The standard service is pretty efficient. I applied for my daughter’s passport online and got in 11 days.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:24 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:21 pm
mo_haq wrote:
Thank you.

It is £49 if you apply online. £5 extra if you want your documents to be returned by secure delievery. You can only apply for first child passport as standard service not fast track. The standard service is pretty efficient. I applied for my daughter’s passport online and got in 11 days.
1 week Fast track service is available for first child passport, many have applied using it after registering their children. It is only for adults that it is not available.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:26 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:24 pm
tier11417 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:21 pm
mo_haq wrote:
Thank you.

1 week Fast track service is available for first child passport, many have applied using it after registering their children. It is only for adults that it is not available.
Oh I did not know that. Seems right as I just checked. Having said that even the standard service in most cases you get a passport within 2 weeks.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

mo_haq
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mo_haq » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:00 am

Do we scan & upload Application form as well ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:00 am

mo_haq wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:00 am
Do we scan & upload Application form as well ?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mo_haq
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mo_haq » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:02 am

Thank you for Prompt reply.

Also any address proof of us ?