ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Conventional Travel document rejected, advice please..

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ohmaz87
Newly Registered
Sweden

Conventional Travel document rejected, advice please..

Post by ohmaz87 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:52 pm

Hi, I don't know the particular subforum this would go under. If this is the wrong place to ask, please move it to the appropriate subforum.

Firstly, I would like to thank you, the majority of the forum contributors. Thanks to you guys, i was able to successfully apply for a Residence permit (5 year Family permit) for my partner (I'm Swedish).

My current situation is a bit different. We've lost my partners passport, and her nationality do not have the consulate/embassy in UK. You have to travel abroad and physically be present when applying for the passport. They've also told us that they do not issue any emergency documents.
We've applied for the Conventional Travel document, however that has been rejected due to her being here on a Family permit (she's not "settled here permanently").

My longwinded question is, is there anything out there that can be done, in order for us to travel and renew the passport even if it's a short stay. We will only need it for a day.

Once again, thanks for all the help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Conventional Travel document rejected, advice please..

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:59 pm

What is her nationality??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ohmaz87
Newly Registered
Sweden

Post by ohmaz87 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:04 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:59 pm
What is her nationality??
Somali :)

ohmaz87
Newly Registered
Sweden

Post by ohmaz87 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:23 pm

I guess there isn't ☹️

jimquk
United Kingdom

Post by jimquk » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:05 am

eea-route-applications/travelling-with- ... 27822.html

This old thread seems to suggest that there genuinely is no solution to this problem until Somalia either opens an embassy in the UK or appoints some other country's embassy to handle it's affairs.

Did your wife originally have refugee status in some other country? Perhaps they could be persuaded to issue a refugee travel document.

Alternatively you could try contacting IoM who are supposed to facilitate migration for stateless and undocumented people:

https://unitedkingdom.iom.int/contact-us
The Refused are coming day-by-day nearer to freedom.