ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should I apply for EEA2 or Pre-settled (Very confused)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

helloamaya520
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Should I apply for EEA2 or Pre-settled (Very confused)

Post by helloamaya520 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:42 pm

kamoe wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:45 pm
helloamaya520 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:22 pm
I have sent all photocopies of every page of his Passport and ID plus the bank statement and payslips.
You need to send originals. it is clearly stated on the guide to supporting documents as an imperative:
Unless otherwise stated, please send original documents only. Photocopies are not acceptable. If
you’re unable to send the original, please explain why. We’re unlikely to be able to approve your
application without sight of the original document.
Without an original ID from your partner it is unlikely that your application is approved. I do not know if this means a straight rejection, or if they attempt to contact you to supply the missing documents.

As NatCam has said, you could either

a) withdraw your application here

Where it says: "You have asked us to withdraw your application and return your documents now. If we are due to make a decision on your case in the next ten days, would you prefer us to complete the process and then return your documents?" select NO, as otherwise they will just decide you will get a rejection.

b) send his original passport or ID by recorded post.

But... I would honestly wait for your letter to come, with your case ID, before you decide on any of the above. With a case ID the caseworker can much more easily identify, well, your case.(At least I think it is very risky to send his passport without any clear reference as to which application this should be attached to.)

Please, It is important to read carefully the instructions and document guidelines for any application you are making!!! This is, I must say, the number 1 cause of application rejections.
Thank you for the detailed answer. :) Will the caseworker contact with me via email?

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:47 pm

Even if they contact you, what can you do?
When is your partner coming back? if ever.
You have 6 months to sort out your status. You have no automatic rights before that (because you and your partner are not married).

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:51 pm

NatCam wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:47 pm
Even if they contact you, what can you do?
In the lucky event, this happens, then the OP could identify what documents they are missing. They will hav to wait until heir partner comes back, yes.

However, as I earlier said, I do not know if the OP will be contacted before a decision is made.
You have 6 months to sort out your status.
The OP might have less than that. We don't know how long they have had the FP fo.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:54 pm

helloamaya520 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:42 pm
Will the caseworker contact with me via email?
As I said, I do not know if they will contact you, or if they will reject your application straight away. Hence, I have no answer for this question.

I just noticed you mention in your first post that your application was received on April 5th. How do you know this?
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

helloamaya520
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by helloamaya520 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:31 pm

Many Thanks for all the detailed information. Thank you so much! I have just withdrawn my application and apply for the pre-settled once he is back. Is there any guidance on how to make that? Do I have to download the app?

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:46 pm

helloamaya520 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:31 pm
Is there any guidance on how to make that?
All info here: https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-ci ... led-status
Do I have to download the app?
The app only works if you have a Residence Card, so not an option for you.

You need to select the 'Online and post' option. I believe you will have to post your passport, his passport, and evidence of your relationship, as advised by the application after you submit the form. They will advise on what you can submit, and will contact you if at all they need more evidence.

helloamaya520
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by helloamaya520 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:02 am

Thank you so much!

helloamaya520
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by helloamaya520 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:04 am

NatCam wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:25 pm
Now I understand why you are so nervous.
When is your partner coming back?
You are unmarried parners so you might NOT get "long" CoA after all, even if the application is not rejected as invalid. HO wants to see original passports actually.
I would send the original passport by registered delivery as soon as possible, if I were you. Or withdraw the application and, and apply for settlement scheme when your partner is back.
It's a good thing you entered on Family Permit though. You have 6 months to solve the problems (if any, I'm not saying there will be.:)))
Good luck!
Thank you for your response!! :)) And do you know where I can find the document that unmarried partner family permit are not allowing work? Cos I read few in the forum said it allows to work.

helloamaya520
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by helloamaya520 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:05 am

kamoe wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:54 pm
helloamaya520 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:42 pm
Will the caseworker contact with me via email?
As I said, I do not know if they will contact you, or if they will reject your application straight away. Hence, I have no answer for this question.

I just noticed you mention in your first post that your application was received on April 5th. How do you know this?
I sent via first class royal mail with tracking system.

helloamaya520
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by helloamaya520 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:06 am

kamoe wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:46 pm
helloamaya520 wrote:

You need to select the 'Online and post' option. I believe you will have to post your passport, his passport, and evidence of your relationship, as advised by the application after you submit the form. They will advise on what you can submit, and will contact you if at all they need more evidence.
Many Thanks!! Do you know for the online post section. How long would it take? And links I can see other people processing timeline without having BRP.

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:34 am

helloamaya520 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:04 am
NatCam wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:25 pm
Now I understand why you are so nervous.
When is your partner coming back?
You are unmarried parners so you might NOT get "long" CoA after all, even if the application is not rejected as invalid. HO wants to see original passports actually.
I would send the original passport by registered delivery as soon as possible, if I were you. Or withdraw the application and, and apply for settlement scheme when your partner is back.
It's a good thing you entered on Family Permit though. You have 6 months to solve the problems (if any, I'm not saying there will be.:)))
Good luck!
Thank you for your response!! :)) And do you know where I can find the document that unmarried partner family permit are not allowing work? Cos I read few in the forum said it allows to work.
It's not that you cannot work with a Family Permit if you are unmarried; I believe you can (see why I conclude that here).

What NatCam means is that when you apply for a RC as an unmarried partner you are issued a CoA that does not confirm your right to work and you have to wait to have the RC issued to be able to work. For married couples this is different, as they receive a CoA with the explicit right to work confirmed, and they can start work before they receive their RC. But as you are not applying for a RC in the end, none of this is relevant to you.

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:35 am

helloamaya520 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:06 am
kamoe wrote:
helloamaya520 wrote:

Many Thanks!! Do you know for the online post section. How long would it take? And links I can see other people processing timeline without having BRP.
Here: eea-route-applications/eu-settlement-no ... 78577.html

helloamaya520
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by helloamaya520 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:28 am

kamoe wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:35 am
helloamaya520 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:06 am
kamoe wrote:
helloamaya520 wrote:

Here: eea-route-applications/eu-settlement-no ... 78577.html
Thank you!! I have withdraw the application through the link. But I haven't got any email or any information back from the process.

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:55 pm

What Camoe wrote regarding CoA and your right to work was exactly what I meant. You can still apply for jobs - your future employer will have to check online with the Home Office whether you are allowed or not.
You will get your documents soon, I hope. As to e-mails - they rarely do it. If you don't get your file in 10 working days you will have to escalate. https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... quiry.ofml
Anyway, all will be good.
I'm glad you withdrew your application.

helloamaya520
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by helloamaya520 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:28 am

Thank you!!!!! :D I will post here to let everyone knows the updates.

helloamaya520
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by helloamaya520 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:58 pm

Another question here: So I have withdrawn my application via the link (return document). However, I haven't heard anything back. And today I received the email shown below.

Dear xxxxx
Case ID: xxxxxxx
Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered.
It may take up to six months to make a decision on your case. If we are unable to process your application within six months we will tell you as soon as possible.
Our web page contains further information on our service standards and other information which may relate to your application.
Please note that this is an automated response confirming receipt of your application and does not accept responses. Please do not reply to this email.
If there is a change in your circumstances, we kindly ask that you only contact us using this link: https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp
Permanent migration team

I am so confused. The reason that I withdraw cos I didn't send my partner passport as he is away for a few days. And then I withdraw without filling the form my case ID as I did not receive any email comfiming my case ID. And today I finally received it after I withdraw. So a little bit lost. Should i wait until they make desicion or ask me to send my partner ID? or anything I should do?

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:11 pm

helloamaya520 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:58 pm
Another question here: So I have withdrawn my application via the link (return document). However, I haven't heard anything back. And today I received the email shown below.

Dear xxxxx
Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered.
It may take up to six months to make a decision on your case. If we are unable to process your application within six months we will tell you as soon as possible.
Our web page contains further information on our service standards and other information which may relate to your application.
Please note that this is an automated response confirming receipt of your application and does not accept responses. Please do not reply to this email.
If there is a change in your circumstances, we kindly ask that you only contact us using this link: https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp
Permanent migration team

This is a standard email, so probably sent as part of a queue of things, and before they have bene able to even look t your withdrawal.
And today I finally received it after I withdraw. So a little bit lost. Should i wait until they make desicion or ask me to send my partner ID? or anything I should do?
Nothing stomping you from using the withdrawal form again, this time including your case id.

helloamaya520
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by helloamaya520 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:47 pm

kamoe wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:11 pm
helloamaya520 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:58 pm

Dear xxxxx
Permanent migration team

This is a standard email, so probably sent as part of a queue of things, and before they have bene able to even look t your withdrawal.
And today I finally received it after I withdraw. So a little bit lost. Should i wait until they make desicion or ask me to send my partner ID? or anything I should do?
Nothing stomping you from using the withdrawal form again, this time including your case id.
Should I give some hopes if they proceed with my application and ask me to send my partner ID? Or it is not worthy to take the risks?

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:54 pm

Did you send original ID?

helloamaya520
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by helloamaya520 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:03 pm

NatCam wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:54 pm
Did you send original ID?
Yes, My passports. My partner passport's copy pages.

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:13 pm

Sorry I meant your partner's ID. Would it be possible for you to send his original ID or passport to Liverpool as soon as possible? Say, this week?

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:14 pm

NatCam wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:13 pm
Sorry I meant your partner's ID. Would it be possible for you to send his original ID or passport to Liverpool as soon as possible? Say, this week?
The OP said they already withdrew their application.

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:19 pm

I know.

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:10 pm

NatCam wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:19 pm
I know.
Then please kindly refain from advising them do so something that will potentially entangle their situation more than it already is!

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:18 pm

Certainly.