ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uk Spouse Visa - EEA Query

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zubbshah
Mood:
India

Uk Spouse Visa - EEA Query

Post by zubbshah » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:23 pm

Hello Guys,

I am a british citizen and my wife holds an indian passport with a dependant spouse visas, the visa comes up for extension next year in (February, 2020) (was granted in india in 2017)

Due to my work I have to travel and work from an EU country - Poland.
At the moment I would be here for 4 months and may be in the future , if my contract gets extened , again not entirely sure

So what i wanted to know is, on what visas can i get my wife to come and join me in Poland ?may be on basis of EEA dependant or may be Surinder Singh Route ?

Also on which visas can she work legally in Poland whislst she is with me ?

secondly, due to family emergencies we had to to back to india last year (2018) and were there for 87 days and also had travelled to spain early 2018 for 17 days.. i dont exactly know the 90 days or 180 days clause as to which one would be applicable in my case or how it works, if someone can advise on that as well that would be great.

Coming back to her visa query , can we switch from spouse dependant to SSingh route ? or what other options do i have ?

Is there a limit on the number of days she can be away from the UK, considering for the extension then again after 2.5 year for ilr and the naturalisation as Brit Citizen ?

If someone can shed some clarity that would be great.

Manythanks

zubbshah
Mood:
India

Re: Uk Spouse Visa - EEA Query

Post by zubbshah » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:20 am

any assistance guru's ?

any response please ?

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Re: Uk Spouse Visa - EEA Query

Post by Richard W » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:51 pm

zubbshah wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:23 pm
So what i wanted to know is, on what visas can i get my wife to come and join me in Poland ?may be on basis of EEA dependant or may be Surinder Singh Route ?
You can travel together on or under the surface on the basis of your passports and a British marriage certificate. (An Indian marriage certificate would be more difficult to use.)
zubbshah wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:23 pm
Also on which visas can she work legally in Poland whislst she is with me ?
She is legally permitted to work in Poland as soon as you two arrive. However you should, and may be legally obliged, to apply for a Polish residence card for her as the family member of an EEA national. I don't know what the transition arrangement is if the UK leaves the EU.