ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child registration for citizenship - MN1 - Referee requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sr123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Child registration for citizenship - MN1 - Referee requirement

Post by sr123 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:24 am

Dear All,

I got my ILR 3 months back and I am now applying for my daughter's registration to become a UK citizen. She was born in the UK and we are using the MN1 form. The question is regarding referee requirement.

My daughter is only 9 months old and she hasnt been to school. The GP practice is not very accommodating. We are approaching the health visitor, not heard from her yet.

We have a child minder willing to give reference. Can a 'Child Minder' provide a referee? She has taken care of the child in a professional capacity. Would that qualify?

Please advise.

sr123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Child registration for citizenship - MN1 - Referee requirement

Post by sr123 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:01 am

The health visitor has refused.

Can any other 'professional' in the approved list, who knows the child, but has not had any professional interaction with the child, provide a reference?