ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rehmatkarim
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

British Citizenship

Post by rehmatkarim » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:52 pm

Hi All,

I would appreciate some guidance on following.

I am BC- received my British passport through naturalisation.

My wife is on Tier2 dependent visa- she has now completed 5 years in UK and is eligible for ILR.

Q1: once she gets her ILR would it be possible to apply for naturalisation straight away?

My daughter who is 7 years old born in Pakistan before I got my ILR has also lived in UK for 5 years(tier 2 dependent)

Q2: Once my wife get her ILR can we register our daughter as British citizen?

I would be obliged if someone can advise please.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizenship

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:18 am

1. Yes if she meets the requirements.

2. Children born abroad are expected to hold ILR. They have no entitlement to register as British
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rehmatkarim
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: British Citizenship

Post by rehmatkarim » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:05 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply. I am only confused by following statement in MN1 guidance form.

"Registration at the Home Secretary’s discretion – Section 3(1) application

Children born abroad to parents who are applying for British citizenship
Where one or both parents are applying for British citizenship they may apply for one or more children who are not automatically British at birth (see “Automatic acquisition of British citizenship” above) to be registered as British citizens as part of a “family application”. Children in this category will be considered at the Home Secretary’s discretion and will usually be registered only if both the parents are granted or already hold British citizenship, or if one parent holds British citizenship and the other is settled in the UK."

According to this statement although is dose not say anything about the ILR is there a possibility to get the child registered?