ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependent applying ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Tier 2 Dependent applying ILR

Post by Jack&Jill » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:44 am

Dear IB Mentors/Guru's

First of all thank you for your continuous support and help. I got my ILR last year August and now applying ILR for my partner who is in Tier 2 Dependent. I have 3 doubts when filling application. Please help providing answers below.

1. The official transcript or letter for Miss Xxx to prove the level of English language required. Is that mean the degree certificate (or) NARIC certificate (or) University letter saying the degree was taught in English?

2. I believe Cohabitation documents is only for Set(m) but not for Set(o). Is that right?

3. I'm surprised, Passport Photos have not been asked in mandatory documents or anywhere else. Does PP required?

Many thanks in advance. Good day.!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 Dependent applying ILR

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:08 am

1- Where the degree was obtained?
2- You still must send cohabitation evidence
3- Photos are not required anymore
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:39 am

Hi Zimba,
Zimba wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:08 am
1- Where the degree was obtained? In India
2- You still must send cohabitation evidence Can I send Marriage Certificate as cohabitation evidence?
3- Photos are not required anymore. Cool.
Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:50 am

Jack&Jill wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:39 am
Hi Zimba,
Zimba wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:08 am
1- Where the degree was obtained? In India
2- You still must send cohabitation evidence Can I send Marriage Certificate as cohabitation evidence?
3- Photos are not required anymore. Cool.
Thank you.
1. She needs UK NARIC English Assessment and UK Degree comparable Assessment.
2. No. HO will expect to see evidence of tenancy agreements, utility bills, letters etc. A marriage cert does not prove you live together.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:28 pm

Hi CR001,

Yes she got UK NARIC English Assessment and UK Degree comparable Assessment. My doubt is 1. The official transcript or letter for Miss Xxx to prove the level of English language required. Is that referring to degree certificate (or) NARIC certificate (or) University letter saying the degree was taught in English?

I live in rental house and I don't pay my utility bills. All bills included in rent. Can I just show Tenancy agreement as Cohabitation evidence?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:59 pm

1. Both UK NARIC, provided it is the UKVI Red Route option you did, should be fine.

2. You need more than simply a tenancy agreement. HO would expect to see between 3 to 6 different sources spread out over the last 2 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:26 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:59 pm
1. Both UK NARIC, provided it is the UKVI Red Route option you did, should be fine.

2. You need more than simply a tenancy agreement. HO would expect to see between 3 to 6 different sources spread out over the last 2 years.
Thank you CR001,

I have another doubt while filling online application on behalf of my partner(wife).

In the Documents section, Other Documents : Declaration signed by Partner(Main Applicant) to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks. Here I'm not able to see any declaration form. Is that mean separate declaration letter need to provide?

Thanks.

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:41 pm

Dear CR001,

Can you please respond to my previous post. I'm waiting for your answer. God bless.

Thank you.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:41 pm

Jack&Jill wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:41 pm
Dear CR001,

Can you please respond to my previous post. I'm waiting for your answer. God bless.

Thank you.
Which form are you filling out?

You would have got a link to download the declaration form when you were filling the form. You will also get a link after you pay. You have to sign the relevant parts and upload with the docs. This is a mandatory document.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:41 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:41 pm
Jack&Jill wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:41 pm
Dear CR001,

Thank you.
Which form are you filling out?

You would have got a link to download the declaration form when you were filling the form. You will also get a link after you pay. You have to sign the relevant parts and upload with the docs. This is a mandatory document.
Dear Tier11417

I'm filling Set(O) online form.

In the declaration I can able to download only one consent form. Downloaded as "Family_consent.pdf" which consists of 3 parts.
PART 1: Consent for the Home Office to verify application information
PART 2: Consent for the Home Office to verify third party information
PART 3: Consent for the Home Office to verify information from third party sponsor

Still I've not paid the application fee. I guess this declaration forms are for my wife(applicant). I'm not able to find "Declaration signed by Partner to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks"?

I've just got one more doubt "Does she needs to maintain any money in bank account for some period of time?"

Thank you Tier11417.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:48 pm

Your wife is the applicant so she will sign part 1. If she is relying on joint accounts/documents you (partner) will sign part 2. If she is financially dependent on you (partner) might have to sign part 3 also. It is self explanatory it tells you who has to sign which part.

There is no maintenance funds for SET(O).
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:21 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:48 pm
Your wife is the applicant so she will sign part 1. If she is relying on joint accounts/documents you (partner) will sign part 2. If she is financially dependent on you (partner) might have to sign part 3 also. It is self explanatory it tells you who has to sign which part.

Tier11417. Great help. Many thanks. God bless you.

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:45 pm

tier11417 wrote:

Dear Tier11417,

I have a query again. Sorry if it is silly. In the documents section, Consent: Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?. Actually what it refers to? My wife has multiple bank accounts. 1. Bank 1 is used to pay the application fee, which is her individual account. 2. Bank 2 is used to submit cohabitation evidence, which is joint account. What should I select "Yes" or "No"? Is that refers to the bank 1 or bank 2? Totally confused.

Thanks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:26 pm

Jack&Jill wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:45 pm
tier11417 wrote:

Dear Tier11417,

I have a query again. Sorry if it is silly. In the documents section, Consent: Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?. Actually what it refers to? My wife has multiple bank accounts. 1. Bank 1 is used to pay the application fee, which is her individual account. 2. Bank 2 is used to submit cohabitation evidence, which is joint account. What should I select "Yes" or "No"? Is that refers to the bank 1 or bank 2? Totally confused.

Thanks.
Depends what evidence are you relying on. If you are sending evidence/documents for both bank 1 and bank 2 then then it would be YES.

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:38 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:26 pm
Jack&Jill wrote:
tier11417 wrote:

Dear Tier11417,

Thanks.
Depends what evidence are you relying on. If you are sending evidence/documents for both bank 1 and bank 2 then then it would be YES.
Great help Tier11417. Thank you. I got one more doubt while filling.
Finance: Do you or anyone else who is part of this application receive any public funds.
Include details for your partner or child if you have one.
I husband got ILR last year and receiving child benefit on my name. As part of my wife(Tier 2 Dependent applying ILR) application I'm providing cohabitation evidences and passport/BRP details. Is that mean do I need answer Yes to this above question or No?

Thanks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:26 pm

Jack&Jill wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:38 pm
tier11417 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:26 pm
Jack&Jill wrote:
tier11417 wrote:

Dear Tier11417,

Thanks.
Great help Tier11417. Thank you. I got one more doubt while filling.
Finance: Do you or anyone else who is part of this application receive any public funds.
Include details for your partner or child if you have one.
I husband got ILR last year and receiving child benefit on my name. As part of my wife(Tier 2 Dependent applying ILR) application I'm providing cohabitation evidences and passport/BRP details. Is that mean do I need answer Yes to this above question or No?

Thanks.
I would assume yes as the question asks so. And she is your dependent so obviously you are part of the application.