ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language req for FLRM

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Montana2323
United Kingdom

FLR m accommodation requirement

Post by Montana2323 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:19 pm

Hi all

I will be shortly applying to extended my spouse visa and get the extention for 30 months.

On accommodation requirement I wanted to know what documents would i need. We live in a two bed house which is owned by my wife and mortgage is on her name. Me, wife and two of our kids live in the house.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR m accommodation requirement

Post by seagul » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:27 pm

Mortgage statements, title deed and council tax
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Montana2323
United Kingdom

FLR M non applying children questions

Post by Montana2323 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:56 pm

Hi all,

This new form seems to be very long and sometime irrelevant.
Just to confirm if i am not heading in the wrong direction. I am the applicant and we have two kids, both British citizens. On the form when it asked if i have any children - i said yes and then clicking through the options of non applying because they are British citizens, its a whole loads of questions about my daughter now - like where she travelled, financial responsibility, extended family in UK.

I am heading in the right direction by answering all these questions? Or have i clicked a wrong option?

Thanks

Montana2323
United Kingdom

English language req for FLRM

Post by Montana2323 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:30 pm

Hello.

Another quick question on FLRm 5 year route.

I am qualified accountant having done ACCA. I also have a degree from Oxford Brooks University - which you get after competing a certain number of exams of ACCA and then submit a dissertation to the University.

Now the fact that I have not physically attended the University course but was awarded the degree suffice the English requirements?

Thanks in advance

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: English language req for FLRM

Post by seagul » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:55 pm

Montana2323 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:30 pm
I also have a degree from Oxford Brooks University -
You won't need any English language test even until getting British citizenship.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:27 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:55 pm
Montana2323 wrote:
You won't need any English language test even until getting British citizenship.
If it is part of the ACCA programme or part of the professional development programme, it is not sufficient as far as I am aware. There have been refusals for using ACCA to meet the English requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:12 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:27 pm
seagul wrote:
Montana2323 wrote:
If it is part of the ACCA programme or part of the professional development programme, it is not sufficient as far as I am aware. There have been refusals for using ACCA to meet the English requirement.
Acca is an indeed professional qualification but on completing its 9 papers and applied skills exams then you can register & be awarded with Academic Oxford brookes BSC applied accounting degree which is more than sufficient to meet any English language requirement. Acca and oxford brooks university has got partnership over that.

Montana2323
United Kingdom

Post by Montana2323 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:13 pm

CR001 wrote:
seagul wrote:
Montana2323 wrote:
Right. Since it says Bachelor of Science - i thought it wouldn't have mattered what mode of learning was used to achieve the degree like a distant learning course for example. The degree certificate is as standard in its wordings as like any other degree I have seen

Montana2323
United Kingdom

Post by Montana2323 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:15 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:12 pm
CR001 wrote:
seagul wrote:
Montana2323 wrote:
Acca is an indeed professional qualification but on completing its 9 papers and applied skills exams then you can register & be awarded with Academic Oxford brookes BSC applied accounting degree which is more than sufficient to meet any English language requirement. Acca and oxford brooks university has got partnership over that.
This sums it up perfectly.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:18 pm

Montana2323 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:13 pm
CR001 wrote:
seagul wrote:
Montana2323 wrote:
Right. Since it says Bachelor of Science - i thought it wouldn't have mattered what mode of learning was used to achieve the degree like a distant learning course for example. The degree certificate is as standard in its wordings as like any other degree I have seen
You won't need any English test as the one you have is more than sufficient because its an academic degree. If it is ACCA alone then even if you have studied at UK university then still you would need to do the English test because professional qualification doesn't meet the requirement.

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:20 pm

Of course if there is any doubt, simply take the B1 test which you will clearly pass.

That B1 will also suffice for ILR unless rules change by then.

Yes there is a cost but worth it if there is any doubt.

Montana2323
United Kingdom

Post by Montana2323 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:20 pm

I have one more question on my application before I come back here with checklist query.

The 28 days rule on financial documents - since the new online application would have a different date of submission/payment to the actual biometric date and submission. What date do we take as a starting point to work backwards.

My payslip is dated as 28 March 2019 and i am planning to do the online submission this week starting Monday. And hopefully get the biometric appointment asap.

Any clarification is much appreciated

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:25 pm

Montana2323 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:20 pm
I have one more question on my application before I come back here with checklist query.

The 28 days rule on financial documents - since the new online application would have a different date of submission/payment to the actual biometric date and submission. What date do we take as a starting point to work backwards.

My payslip is dated as 28 March 2019 and i am planning to do the online submission this week starting Monday. And hopefully get the biometric appointment asap.

Financial documents must not be older than 28 days from the date of online submission of application. 28 days won't be counted from date of biometrics but from date of application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:26 pm

Montana2323 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
seagul wrote:
Montana2323 wrote:
Sorry. Ignore me, I was thinking about the AAT one and ACCA qualification relating to Tier 2 specific job SOC (long boring day, mind like a sponge :oops: )
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:12 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:26 pm
Montana2323 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
seagul wrote:

Sorry. Ignore me, I was thinking about the AAT one and ACCA qualification relating to Tier 2 specific job SOC (long boring day, mind like a sponge :oops: )

Goodnight

Montana2323
United Kingdom

Post by Montana2323 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:01 am

seagul wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:25 pm
Montana2323 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:20 pm

Financial documents must not be older than 28 days from the date of online submission of application. 28 days won't be counted from date of biometrics but from date of application.
Thanks for this. Just so that I have understood it fully - if my payslip is dated 28/03 then i have until let's say 23/04 to submit the online application and the 28 days rule would have been met. Even if biometrics appointment is a week later?

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:53 am

Correct.
The biometric date is sometimes 2/3 weeks after application date.

Montana2323
United Kingdom

Post by Montana2323 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:56 am

That's a relief. Thank you so much for the info