ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents Visitor visa application within 6 month of leave

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

asjakkas2
India

Parents Visitor visa application within 6 month of leave

Post by asjakkas2 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:10 pm

HI all experts,

I am planning to apply visitor visa for my Mum. She last came in UK on visitor visa last year July 2018 and left on 1st Jan 19 after stay of 5 months 10 days.
I want to invite her again planning submitting application end of May. So Question is
1. is there any rule that there should be 6 months of gap between date left UK and application of new visitor visa.
2. Is there any risk of applying visitor visa again in May 19 while she Just left UK on 1st Jan 19.?
3. Any changes in visitor visa applications from India recently

thanks in advance

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Parents Visitor visa application within 6 month of leave

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:29 pm

Your mother shouldn't be spending more time in the UK in a 12 month rolling period than she is spending in her home country. How long does she intend to visit for this time :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:37 pm

In addition to Casa's question, how long did your mother state in her last visa application that she would be visiting the UK for, ie. did she state 3 weeks for example and then stay over 5 months?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

asjakkas2
India

Post by asjakkas2 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:49 pm

Hi Casa,
She is planning to stay for again at least 4 months.

HI CR001

In her last application she stated for 5 months. and left in same time.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:59 pm

asjakkas2 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:49 pm
Hi Casa,
She is planning to stay for again at least 4 months.

HI CR001

In her last application she stated for 5 months. and left in same time.
In which case by my calculations she will be over the limit. i.e 7 months in the UK and only 4 in her home country in the 12 month rolling period (July 2018-June 2019).

The ECO may well consider that your mother is using her visa to reside in the UK and is not a genuine visitor.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

asjakkas2
India

Post by asjakkas2 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:16 pm

Hi Casa,

So would you recommend If I apply in end of July will be out of 12 month Rolling period.
Last year she came in UK on 21st July and left UK on 1st January 19 Yes I would suggest you delay the entry date.

She is Genuine visitor, she is widow now and lives on her own. What else I can provide in document to make application look more genuine which is infact genuine.

I am providing,
her tax returns for 3 years with last 6 months bank statement, property she owns in India with valuation report, land ownership on her name, family photos to show family ties, I can mention in cover letter that she is intend to leave due to commitments in India.
any recommendations please Looks fine.

asjakkas2
India

Post by asjakkas2 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:07 am

Thanks
Casa