ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiancee Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DollyPop
Newly Registered

Fiancee Visa

Post by DollyPop » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:26 am

Dear all,

I need advice as regards my fiancee joining me in the UK.

She applied in January 2005, to visit me for 2 weeks and we planned to get married while here, but she was refused a visa, they stated that they were not convinced she would leave the UK after 2 weeks.

I am now thinking of her reapplying next month as a fiancee (of a person going to settle in the UK).

I have a £30K pa job, and I live alone in 2-bedroom flat.

I need to present a tight case, as she has been refused a visa earlier, and I will appreciate any additional tips to go about the fiancee visa application, bearing in mind that it seems easier for a wife/spouse, than fiancee, and there's also no right of appeal if she's declined again.

Also I need to know if we can switch her fiancee visa to a spouse visa immediately after marriage or will we have to wait till after the initial 6 month. Obviously so she can work, as the fiancee visa will not permit her to work.

Thanks.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:41 am

I am now thinking of her reapplying next month as a fiancée (of a person going to settle in the UK).
Could you explain that please? You are British? Or if not, what nationality? If non-EEA, what sort of visa do you have?

As regards :-
She applied in January 2005, to visit me for 2 weeks and we planned to get married while here
-: do note that the plan would not have worked, well certainly not in two weeks. For a start the notice at the Register Office needs to be posted slightly over two weeks. Also note that now it is the case that the holder of a mere visitor visa, from outside the EEA, can not give Notice of Intention to Marry in the UK.[/quote]
Last edited by John on Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
John

DollyPop
Newly Registered

Post by DollyPop » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:23 am

I'm on HSMP, 'came into the UK in September 2004.