ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling spain together with EU spouse

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rkohdi
India

Travelling spain together with EU spouse

Post by Rkohdi » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:27 am

Hi..
I already asked this questions many times but i am like worried..

I have a residence card as family member of EU .. i am travelling with my EU spouse for 1 week holiday to spain in 1st week of May...

As there are too many news regarding brexit....it can be happen any time.....
If it will be brexit with Deal then doni need visa for spain when and if i am travelling with my EU spouse..

What do u guys thinks ...btrxit can be in May or not?
I am travelling 8th may to 15th may to spain..

Already booked everything.....but i dont havr spainish visa bcoz spain embassy did not let me to submit my application bcoz they were saying that i dont need a visa as family member...

What you guys think ...i can get any problem bcoz brexit or not??

JoeCross
Newly Registered
Macedonia

Re: Travelling spain together with EU spouse

Post by JoeCross » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:45 am

I'm not sure why are you worried? Even if the Brexit happened, like yesterday, the rights of the EU citizens do not stop immediately - even if there is Brexit without a deal.

https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families

From that page - "The deadline for applying is 30 June 2021." That means you can exercise the EU rights up until that date.

Also from that page:
"If the UK leaves the EU without a deal
You will need to be living in the UK before it leaves the EU to apply. The deadline for applying will be 31 December 2020."

The same thing - so, in the worst case scenario, EU rights continues to be valid at least until 31 December 2020.

In other words - stop worrying and enjoy your vacation, as long as you have valid RC, nothing to worry about...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Travelling spain together with EU spouse

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:08 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.