ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR Acquired too early ?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

peter88
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

PR Acquired too early ?

Post by peter88 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:30 am

Hi,

Quick question - might be a curious one but hopefully people have seen this before.

I recently applied for Citizenship - I have been in the UK for 6 years and 3 months now.

I applied for the EEA PR card a few months ago - got it within 30 days, no issues here.

Here's the 'deal' though -I have arrived in the UK and started working on the 1st of February 2013

My understanding is that PR is acquired after 5 years of exercising treaty rights, however, when i received my PR card, the included letter states:

"Date we deem that you have acquired Permament Residence status is: 06 April 2017"

That would mean i acquired it... too early ? This would mean they believe i acquired it after 4 years and 2 months

I am not worried about my application for BC because even if they made a mistake and it should have been 2018, it still gives 12 months between when i acquired it and when my application was made.

Has anyone ever encountered something like that ?

NikiGio
Member of Standing
Mood:
Italy

Re: PR Acquired too early ?

Post by NikiGio » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:10 am

I've seen this before - people being issued DCPR with a date earlier than when the 5 years wwre actually up.
I wouldn't be concerned though, as you say.
I am not an immigration lawyer. My comments are opinions, not legal advice.