ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

supporting documents scan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

billalahmed
Newly Registered

supporting documents scan

Post by billalahmed » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:50 pm

Hi, so like some people on here I sent my supporting documents to Sheffield for a spouse visa application from Pakistan and had them returned as the documents have to be scanned at a VF centre.

Just want to ask, has anyone any experience of using the VF centres? the website doesnt show the full opening times, only says from 9-16:00, is that weekdays or weekends too? Also do they scan the documents whilst you wait? and how long does it take? And what fees do they charge in total?

Halima19888
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: supporting documents scan

Post by Halima19888 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:21 pm

Hi
I sent my supporting documents to Sheffield last Friday (5th april) and had them sent back to my solicitor as they do not take posted documents anymore.
I went to the VFS centre yesterday with ALL any supporting documents, including original nikahnama, TB test and English test.
They do not accept originals, or papers that are NOT A4 sized (my wage slips were printed small) so I had to get them photocopied at the centre (cost me over £4 for 17 pages) on A4 paper.
They then scanned them all (I had lots of papers because I printed my entire Whatsapp chat history) then they gave ALL papers back to me.
They scan and send to Sheffield themselves.
So basically on the 10th (yesterday)
I arrived at around 8:45 at the VFS centre in Manchester and they gave me some papers with barcodes on them. For example one paper said ‘financial evidence’ and had to be placed on top of the pile of my financial evidence. I had to sit down and do that myself which was awkward as I was doing it with all my papers on my lap! Some people were sat on the floor arranging their papers into the correct piles!
Mine were already arranged by my solicitor but they need the barcoded papers on top of each pile.
You have to put the first page of your application at the front of the entire document pile.
After this, I got a ticket number and had to sit and wait my turn.
My turn came around 10/10:30am
I went to the counter and she saw my originals and said can’t use original as scanner may ruin them. She sent them to be photocopied.
After the papers were scanned and given back to me I had to pay a fee of £75 BY CARD ONLY. They don’t accept cash. As well as photocopying fees.
Then I had to sit and wait for about 45 minutes, for the documents to save on the computer.
Once they were saved she called me and said I can leave now.
So basically I was at the VFS centre from 8:30am-11:45am. I was super late for work that day :lol:

billalahmed
Newly Registered

Post by billalahmed » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:15 pm

Thanks for the feedback. By any chance do you know if the barcodes seperator is the same as this on VFS website, if so im thinking of printing it off so im prepared before I go.

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/pk/en/-/med ... rators.pdf

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:10 pm

@ Halima19888 , Thank you very much for sharing your experience. I will have to take copies of marriage Photos ,wedding card, TB certificate in A4 Size or keep photocopies of every thing.

bhargav24

Post by bhargav24 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:47 pm

Please can you tell for passport copy. what they need front page and back page or copy of all passport.thanks

Halima19888
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Halima19888 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:20 am

Yes, barcode seperators are exactly the same on website. I wish I knew about this earlier! It would be much easier if you could print at home, separate all piles accordingly and go to the centre. Rather than fussing about there with no space!
Yes take photocopies of everything.
TB certificate, English test certificate, nikahnama and all originals. Do not take ANY originals they don’t accept them.
They will then give the photocopies back to you.
Make sure they’re printed on A4 paper. If it’s bigger than A4 then print half and half.
Yes take passport photocopies of photograph page, and all travel stamps.

Halima19888
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Halima19888 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:24 am

With photographs I suggest, make a word document and you can fit about 16, 8cm sized pictures per page. Upload pics onto your computer and do it like that. Saves paper.

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:53 pm

Halima19888 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:24 am
With photographs I suggest, make a word document and you can fit about 16, 8cm sized pictures per page. Upload pics onto your computer and do it like that. Saves paper.
Thank you very much. Its great idea, Will do that..
And also, by any chance have you tried uploading documents on line? I think if we upload documents online, we could save £75 and trip to VFS centers isnt.

Halima19888
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Halima19888 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:18 pm

rmkirfan wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:53 pm
Halima19888 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:24 am
Thank you very much. Its great idea, Will do that..
And also, by any chance have you tried uploading documents on line? I think if we upload documents online, we could save £75 and trip to VFS centers isnt.

Yes I did read about that *after* I submitted my documents at the centre. I’m not sure how the uploading of documents works. I think I would have had to use a scanner, which I don’t have.

Imhere01
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Imhere01 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:34 pm

I went on Friday at around 3pm where they tried to turn me away because they were too busy! However I managed to get an appointment and I handed over my documents and the man said he would scan them and send me an email once done so left

I’m now thinking I should have waited there?! Did anyone else do this or receive an email from vfs once scanning was done?

I still haven’t received my email :(

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:49 pm

Imhere01 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:34 pm

I’m now thinking I should have waited there?! Did anyone else do this or receive an email from vfs once scanning was done?

You should have either waited there or book appointment for some other day. I wish they haven't lost them and fully uploaded them.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Halima19888
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Halima19888 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:29 pm

Imhere01 wrote:
I went on Friday at around 3pm where they tried to turn me away because they were too busy! However I managed to get an appointment and I handed over my documents and the man said he would scan them and send me an email once done so left

I had to wait for approx. 45 minutes until they were uploaded. Maybe try going back or contacting them?

billalahmed
Newly Registered

Post by billalahmed » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:40 pm

Imhere01 wrote:

I got my documents scanned today whilst i waited, I didn't receive an email but got a receipt as confirmation.
Do you not need to go back to collect your documents and pay for the scanning?

Does anyone know if its possible and how to upload the documents yourself rather than visiting VFS? They charge £75 just to scan and upload the documents.

Imhere01
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Imhere01 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:46 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:49 pm
Imhere01 wrote:

You should have either waited there or book appointment for some other day. I wish they haven't lost them and fully uploaded them.
I didn’t know I had to wait. I thought I just hand them over and they will do the rest. I don’t need an appointment, it’s a walk in service.

Imhere01
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Imhere01 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:47 pm

billalahmed wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:40 pm
Imhere01 wrote:

I got my documents scanned today whilst i waited, I didn't receive an email but got a receipt as confirmation.

Does anyone know if its possible and how to upload the documents yourself rather than visiting VFS? They charge £75 just to scan and upload the documents.

I got a receipt as I paid £75 but I also paid £20 so the papers would be couriered back to me

Does anyone know how I can contact them?

Halima19888
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Halima19888 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:50 pm

billalahmed wrote:
Imhere01 wrote:

I’m also wondering the same thing. I got a receipt and my documents handed back to me. They don’t keep your documents. The purpose of this new systems of scanning rather than posting supporting documents is so that you may keep the documents during the appplication process. Did you pay the £75? Or just give the documents and leave? @imhere01

Halima19888
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Halima19888 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:56 pm

@imhere01 “I got a receipt as I paid £75 but I also paid £20 so the papers would be couriered back to me

Does anyone know how I can contact them?”

Sorry just read your post. Try going back in or maybe they have some contact details online?
@imhere01

Imhere01
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Imhere01 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:00 pm

Halima19888 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:50 pm
billalahmed wrote:
Imhere01 wrote:

I’m also wondering the same thing. I got a receipt and my documents handed back to me. They don’t keep your documents. The purpose of this new systems of scanning rather than posting supporting documents is so that you may keep the documents during the appplication process. Did you pay the £75? Or just give the documents and leave? @imhere01
I handed over my documents.. I then paid £75 for the fee and £20 for the courier service ..

I told him I paid for priority service so needed the documents to be uploaded ASAP to which he said he would do it the following day but I haven’t received an email from vfs to say that this has been done

Halima19888
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Halima19888 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:26 pm

Imhere01 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:00 pm
Halima19888 wrote:
billalahmed wrote:
Imhere01 wrote:

I handed over my documents.. I then paid £75 for the fee and £20 for the courier service ..

I told him I paid for priority service so needed the documents to be uploaded ASAP to which he said he would do it the following day but I haven’t received an email from vfs to say that this has been done

You really didn’t need to pay the £20 for them to post back to you. If you would’ve waited they would hand your documents to you there and then as soon as they were saved.
Mine was priority too, I didn’t really ask when they would send them to Sheffield but I did wait for them to save on their computers which took around 45 mins.

Imhere01
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Imhere01 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:34 pm

Halima19888 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:26 pm
Imhere01 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:00 pm
Halima19888 wrote:
billalahmed wrote:

You really didn’t need to pay the £20 for them to post back to you. If you would’ve waited they would hand your documents to you there and then as soon as they were saved.
Mine was priority too, I didn’t really ask when they would send them to Sheffield but I did wait for them to save on their computers which took around 45 mins.

Well it wasn’t made clear to me and I was in a stressful situation so just paid. It’s not like I chose not to wait, I wasn’t given the option of waiting because they were extremely busy and nearing the end of the day apparently even though it was only 3.30ish. I thought this was their procedure.

Well if you didn’t ask when it would be sent to Sheffield then it looks I’m in a similar boat. I’ll just go in person and see what they say.

Halima19888
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Halima19888 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:43 pm

I can understand it’s stressful for us all because this is a new procedure. Even my solicitor was a bit taken back as she normally posts all supporting documents of her clients.
Hopefully by us posting our experiences on here others will know how it works and will be better prepared unlike we were :cry:
I pray all goes well for you.

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:11 pm

Halima19888 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:18 pm
Yes I did read about that *after* I submitted my documents at the centre. I’m not sure how the uploading of documents works. I think I would have had to use a scanner, which I don’t have.
Ok, Thank you very much.

When you completed online application , Did you get option to upload documents?

Do you think we can self-upload documents after bio-metrics are done?

or We must self upload documents as soon as we complete online application form?

(Actually accommodation document due in 10 days and thinking to complete online application and by the time biometrics done, I will receive document and can self upload, just to speed up the process.)

Please advise.
Thanks in Advance

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:09 am

Remember that the date you complete the online application is treated as the ‘date of application’.

Therefore any dated documents need to be dated prior to the date of application. As for financial documents they cannot be more than 28 days prior to the date of application.

Once you have completed the online application, you then need to book a biometric appointment. Before this biometric appointment all documents need to be uploaded, unless you have chosen the service where Sopra Steria will scan all documents at the biometric appointment.

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:53 am

ariamus wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:09 am
Remember that the date you complete the online application is treated as the ‘date of application’.

Therefore any dated documents need to be dated prior to the date of application. As for financial documents they cannot be more than 28 days prior to the date of application.

Once you have completed the online application, you then need to book a biometric appointment. Before this biometric appointment all documents need to be uploaded, unless you have chosen the service where Sopra Steria will scan all documents at the biometric appointment.
Thank you very much ariamus, much appreciate. I will aim to selfupload before biometrics and will ensure application date is less than 28 days wrt docs.
Could you please fwd the link please where I can self upload documents?
Thanks in advance.

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:07 am

As you complete the online application, it will guide you through to paying the visa fee and application fee.

From memory, after the above point you are directed to the Sopra Steria site, to log in and upload documents.

Note you don’t have to upload all documents at once, you can add gradually on different days if you wish however don’t leave until a day before biometrics appointment, in case there is an internet connection issue, the site doesn’t work etc.