ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do it or Not

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mrs Khan

Do it or Not

Post by Mrs Khan » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:53 am

I have applied for HSMP under 28 year scheme in Spt 2004. In december i have changed my job and joined a British Embassy with an officer level position. The problem is should i notify the HSMP team of this development or Not?

It can go against me or in favor. It can be in my favor as im holding good position in British Embassy and bad in a sense my salary is less than the income standard. while my previous employment fulfilled that criteria for income points

so i need a guidance should i keep mum or inform them of this change in profession with sending them contract letter and other details

lightpace

Post by lightpace » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:26 pm

More like between the devil and the deep blue sea. i would rather advise you dont hide the details of your new job as they could be in a position to identify your details as a staff of the british embassy.. and that could be disastrous if you do not disclose it.. from experience it's always better to be as truthfully as could be possible in immig. matters, especially when it's too close for comfort :roll:
"A friend is one who comes in after the rest of the world has gone out"
- Bradley Tyler

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:59 pm

You do not need to notify the HSMP team on change of employment. The fact that the change of employment was with the british embassy itself is immaterial. Even if you inform them of your present employment, it doesnt make any difference to your application.

You have already applied for HSMP in Sept 2004. Your current salary again will have no bearing on the result of your application. Points for salary are given for 12 months preceding the date of application i.e 12 months prior to Sept 2004, which you say you fillfull. You have nothing to worry about.

chealseaforlife
Newly Registered

Post by chealseaforlife » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:50 pm

Hi,

Your current status has no bearing on your application. If you made the application and stated your correct cirumstances in good faith, as at the time of the application, then that is what will be used to judge your case.

I do not think it is necessary for you to provide details of the job you started after you made the application.

However if you do make a new application based on changed circumstances, then your application will be considered based on the new circumstance. This is why someone that qualified in a particular year, may be disqualified in another. My advise to you is to let things be.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:51 pm

lightpace wrote:More like between the devil and the deep blue sea. i would rather advise you dont hide the details of your new job as they could be in a position to identify your details as a staff of the british embassy.. and that could be disastrous if you do not disclose it.. from experience it's always better to be as truthfully as could be possible in immig. matters, especially when it's too close for comfort :roll:
i disagree, like Mwasir has said it is immaterial where you are working now in as far as the HSMP application is concerned. the material they are going to look at is at the time of your application, whether you are earning more or less right now is not important. Even if they found out by hook or by crook, it would still have no bearing on the decision that they make on your case.

lucky123

Post by lucky123 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:52 pm

The earnings points are for the 12 months prior to your application(Sept.2004). What you are doing now is not material to your application.