ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of employment - applying outside the UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zeroday
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Change of employment - applying outside the UK

Post by zeroday » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:47 pm

Hi,

I have obtained my Tier 2 visa on January and planning to leave my current job and start another job.

I have 2 questions:

1. Can I make my new Tier 2 visa application outside the UK and stay in my home country until my passport is returned?

2. Do I need to take tuberculosis test? In the website of the home office, it is written that:

"You will not need a TB test if any of the following apply:

- you’re a diplomat accredited to the UK
- you’re a returning UK resident and have not been away for more than 2 years
- you lived for at least 6 months in a country where TB screening is not required by the UK, and you’ve been away from that country for no more than 6 months

https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa

As far as I understand, as I have stayed in the UK less than 6 months and have been away for more than 2 years, I need to take tuberculosis test. However, I am not able to find list of Home Office approved clinics in the UK as UK is not in the list of countries.

https://www.gov.uk/government/collectio ... ed-clinics

In that case, should I take this test in somewhere else? Has anyone had similar experience?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Change of employment - applying outside the UK

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:53 pm

1. If you leave the UK to apply you will be subject to the 12 month cooling off period before you can apply for a tier 2 general visa again.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.