ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GNIB late renewal

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

untame274
Newly Registered

GNIB late renewal

Post by untame274 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:28 pm

I just like to know wether anyone had any experience renewing expired gnib. Mine expired at the end of april 2008 and so did my passport expire the end of may 2008. So I am in the midst of renewing the passport in london. Once I get it renewed want renew my gnib stamp 4. My spouse is irish.

John56477
Newly Registered

Stamp-4 expired, renewal

Post by John56477 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:41 pm

yes, My Wife's Stamp-4 expired while she was having our son back in her home country.
The rude GNIB ban garda said if it expired again, she would not renew, and we would have to apply to the Department of Justice.

I think the Guard was just on a power/ego trip. She did renew it, but made us beg and give all details of our son.

As an Irishman, I have no rights, if My wife was married to an EU citizen
she is protected by EU law, and allowed to be absent for just such events as childbirth and other things like compulsory military service etc.

The Irony is McDowell is the guy is passed this EU law in Europe, while back home, at the same time removing the then privilege that an Irishman's
Wife and family where not treated as alien.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Re: Stamp-4 expired, renewal

Post by mktsoi » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:10 am

John56477 wrote:yes, My Wife's Stamp-4 expired while she was having our son back in her home country.
The rude GNIB ban garda said if it expired again, she would not renew, and we would have to apply to the Department of Justice.

I think the Guard was just on a power/ego trip. She did renew it, but made us beg and give all details of our son.

As an Irishman, I have no rights, if My wife was married to an EU citizen
she is protected by EU law, and allowed to be absent for just such events as childbirth and other things like compulsory military service etc.

The Irony is McDowell is the guy is passed this EU law in Europe, while back home, at the same time removing the then privilege that an Irishman's
Wife and family where not treated as alien.
GNIB is part department of justice.

John56477
Newly Registered

Post by John56477 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:20 am

She said "Just this time, But I will not renew your permit if you let it expire again, then you must make a written application to the Department of Justice"

As an Irishman, why must I go, cap in hand to anyone.
As an Irishman my wife and son, we together constitute an Irish Family, and should not be treated as alien by organs of the state.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:00 am

John56477 wrote:She said "Just this time, But I will not renew your permit if you let it expire again, then you must make a written application to the Department of Justice"

As an Irishman, why must I go, cap in hand to anyone.
As an Irishman my wife and son, we together constitute an Irish Family, and should not be treated as alien by organs of the state.
dont be upset about the way you being treated. they treated everyone in a bad way. i have mentioned in this forum before. they have some nice people works in GNIB but not too many. do you think you are the only one having problem with GNIB here??????

by the way, if you have read some of my posts in here. i have been saying this for looooong time. those guy up in GNIB make up their own rules as they go along. to be honest, in your case, if she really asked you to make an written application to Dept of Justice. first thing she will have to do is give your spouse a temp stamp to keep her legal, then your spouse apply to dept of Justice. if she just told you and your spouse to get lost without giving your spouse even some sort of temp stamp to make her stay in the country legally before the dept of justice make a decision on her case. they will have(or they should) to DEPORT your spouse because she is ilegally in the country. if she refused to give your spouse stamp at all next time. ask her to make a deportation proceedings right in GNIB because of this and see what they say. you are irish. you would have more say in GNIB compare to foreigner like us.

if they know what they doing, they wont be talk to up everything. havent you read the eu1 joke created by gnib in this forum? if you just think of what i said, it is common sense. now i am not saying you spouse is criminal but i just use this as an example. what if your spouse robbed a bank in ireland and a garda saw your spouse walked out of the bank without doing anything???? just like if they didnt give her a stamp before the written application approve or reject by the DOJ. and they know your spouse will be illegally living in the coutnry while waiting and they didnt deport your spouse??? get what i am saying?

and again, just dont be mad, everyone has their sad story about gnib in this forum.