ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Length of time for new unrestricted CoS allocation?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier2switchinuk
Newly Registered
United States of America

Switching Tier 2 sponsors from within the UK

Post by tier2switchinuk » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:19 pm

Hi all! I’m in the UK on a Tier 2 (general) visa and switching to a new T2 general with a different employer. I applied for my current T2 visa last year, and I see that the system has changed a bit changed since then; I have a few questions I was hoping someone might be able to help with:

1. Can I still apply for the priority postal service through the government website and submit my documents and biometrics via the post office? Or do I have to use the new Sopra Steria/UKVCAS system?

2. Is the new Sopra Steria system faster or more convenient in some way? What are the prices and wait times for the priority/super priority services?

3. Do I apply by starting a brand new Tier 2 application on this page (https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... r2-general)? I'm confused because I don't think I’m extending my current visa or switching from a different category and I’ve seen conflicting information about whether switching employers requires making a new application or an extension.

4. Can I get a refund on the remainder of the IHS fee I’ve already paid, or credit that payment towards my new application? (Last year I paid the fee for 3 years, through 2021, but have only used 1 of those years).

Thanks in advance for your help!

srsw

Re: Switching Tier 2 sponsors from within the UK

Post by srsw » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:43 pm

1. You have to use new Sopra Steria service.

2. Yes, in some regards like you don't need to send original documents, more centers, etc. Price for super priority is listed on gov.uk (see below link) & Sopra Steria websites.

3. New application, but I think it's covered under extension option. See the info here: https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/extend-your-visa

4. See if your scenario falls under any of these categories:
https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... on/refunds
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

tier2switchinuk
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by tier2switchinuk » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:24 am

Thank you for your reply! This is really helpful!

hustlerr
Newly Registered
India

Post by hustlerr » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:29 am

How was your experience with UKVCAS for Switching Tier 2 sponsors?

tier2switchinuk
Newly Registered
United States of America

Length of time for new unrestricted CoS allocation?

Post by tier2switchinuk » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:14 am

I'm switching tier 2 visas within the UK and my new employer requsted an unrestricted certificate of sponsorship almost 10 weeks ago. Nobody else's COS allocations seem to be taking this long and my employer and I are both very sick of this wait. The job meets every requirement and I just need the COS to be able to apply for my visa.

Has this been the case for anyone else? Does anyone know why it might take so long? Is there anything we can do? My employer has been writing and calling UKVI and hasn't gotten any helpful response about why it's taking this long for our COS specifically.

I'm considering writing to my MP to ask them to get involved, would that help?

thanks in advance!

tier2switchinuk
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by tier2switchinuk » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:15 am

Unfortunately I can't answer because I'm still waiting for my company to get their unrestricted COS allocation!! We've been waiting nearly 10 weeks and have gotten no explanation about why it's taking so long!

tier2switchinuk
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by tier2switchinuk » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:16 am

hustlerr wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:29 am
How was your experience with UKVCAS for Switching Tier 2 sponsors?
Unfortunately I can't answer because I'm still waiting for my company to get their unrestricted COS allocation!! We've been waiting nearly 10 weeks and have gotten no explanation about why it's taking so long!

adnanzafar2
Newly Registered
India

Re: Length of time for new unrestricted CoS allocation?

Post by adnanzafar2 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:38 pm

I'm switching tier 2 visas within the UK and my new employer requsted an unrestricted certificate of sponsorship almost 10 weeks ago. Nobody else's COS allocations seem to be taking this long and my employer and I are both very sick of this wait. The job meets every requirement and I just need the COS to be able to apply for my visa.

Has this been the case for anyone else? Does anyone know why it might take so long? Is there anything we can do? My employer has been writing and calling UKVI and hasn't gotten any helpful response about why it's taking this long for our COS specifically.

thanks in advance!
[Same with me. Although, not as long as 10 weeks. I hope it doesn't take that long for me because I have already resigned from my current employment and last date is 31st May. But my new employers really pushed for me to resign so that I can join earlier and they continuously kept telling me that it's just a formality and usually takes 3-4 weeks.

It's been 3 weeks and even their permission to extend CoS allocation hasn't been approved yet. Nothing from the Home Office. Don't know what's happening.]

tier2switchinuk
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by tier2switchinuk » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:41 pm

adnanzafar2 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:38 pm

thanks in advance!
[Same with me. Although, not as long as 10 weeks. I hope it doesn't take that long for me because I have already resigned from my current employment and last date is 31st May. But my new employers really pushed for me to resign so that I can join earlier and they continuously kept telling me that it's just a formality and usually takes 3-4 weeks.

It's been 3 weeks and even their permission to extend CoS allocation hasn't been approved yet. Nothing from the Home Office. Don't know what's happening.]
I have no idea why it's so slow! I hope yours arrives soon. Has your company tried to expedite the UCOS allocation? Do you know anything about how that works? My new HR looked into it and said it costs £20,000 to get some premium membership for your company and that's the only way it can be expedited, but other people on this board have said their companies have expedited for only £200

adnanzafar2
Newly Registered
India

Post by adnanzafar2 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:36 am

I have no idea why it's so slow! I hope yours arrives soon. Has your company tried to expedite the UCOS allocation? Do you know anything about how that works? My new HR looked into it and said it costs £20,000 to get some premium membership for your company and that's the only way it can be expedited, but other people on this board have said their companies have expedited for only £200
From what I have heard it is 200 pounds where you can get the priority service although I am not sure if that priority is to process the biometrics earlier or to get the CoS approval earlier. Regarding the timings, I called my recruitment consultant yesterday, he told me he has experienced application taking 4-8 months (on an average) to get approved.

adnanzafar2
Newly Registered
India

Post by adnanzafar2 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:29 pm

From what I have heard it is 200 pounds where you can get the priority service although I am not sure if that priority is to process the biometrics earlier or to get the CoS approval earlier. Regarding the timings, I called my recruitment consultant yesterday, he told me he has experienced application taking 4-8 months (on an average) to get approved.
Hey man, did you get your CoS approved yet?

elmo8
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by elmo8 » Thu May 09, 2019 5:45 pm

How did everyone in here get on with there unrestricted CoS allocations? What time frames? I'm in the same boat, final day of work is 7th of June, after that it's a leap of faith...

adnanzafar2
Newly Registered
India

Post by adnanzafar2 » Tue May 14, 2019 11:51 am

elmo8 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 5:45 pm
How did everyone in here get on with there unrestricted CoS allocations? What time frames? I'm in the same boat, final day of work is 7th of June, after that it's a leap of faith...
We applied on 5th of April and CoS was approved around 1st May.