ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

P60

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Marzi
Newly Registered
Mood:
Iran

Spouse Visa from a third country

Post by Marzi » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:23 pm

I am currently living in Romania under study permission/student visa. I am planning to apply for UK spouse visa (my husband got his UK indefinite leave to remain visa few months ago) from Romania using priority service while my Romanian visa will be expired four months after the date that I will submit my application for the UK spouse visa (settlement family visa) to TLS contact office in Bucharest.

Am I eligible to apply for UK spouse visa from Romania considering the situation that my Romanian visa will be valid for four months after the date that I will take the bio-metric appointment? Has any one had any similar experiences? or a piece of advice?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa from a third country

Post by seagul » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:51 pm

You need to ask directly from the visa centre in Romania that how long the visa length should be left if applying for UK spouse visa from there.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

inwarddoor1
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by inwarddoor1 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:45 pm

Marzi wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:23 pm
I am currently living in Romania under study permission/student visa. I am planning to apply for UK spouse visa (my husband got his UK indefinite leave to remain visa few months ago) from Romania using priority service while my Romanian visa will be expired four months after the date that I will submit my application for the UK spouse visa (settlement family visa) to TLS contact office in Bucharest.

Am I eligible to apply for UK spouse visa from Romania considering the situation that my Romanian visa will be valid for four months after the date that I will take the bio-metric appointment? Has any one had any similar experiences? or a piece of advice?
Hi, When we submitted for spouse visa my wife had student visa in Uganda which had 3 months, 17 days remaining, it did not cause us any issues and thankfully the visa was granted 11 days before her student visa expired.
Best of luck with your application.

Marzi
Newly Registered
Mood:
Iran

Post by Marzi » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:00 pm

Many thanks for your response.

May I ask when your wife applied for her spouse visa? Did she apply through Standard service? I am going to use priority service and I hope it makes the whole process faster.

inwarddoor1
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by inwarddoor1 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:51 pm

Marzi wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:00 pm
Many thanks for your response.

May I ask when your wife applied for her spouse visa? Did she apply through Standard service? I am going to use priority service and I hope it makes the whole process faster.
We submitted the online application on 11/11/18 and she had her biometrics done on 20/11/18 also sumbitted the supporting documents.it was standard/non priority service, picked up the visa 15/02/19. her ugandan student visa was expiring 28/02/19. I think the UKVI would only want to see your not illegally staying in the country your applying from. As i recall there is a question on the online form asking if your a national of the country your applying from to which she answered NO and added something along the lines of "I have a visa student visa which expires xx date"

Given the fact your using priority service, you should be fine.

Marzi
Newly Registered
Mood:
Iran

Post by Marzi » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:27 pm

Thank you for all the info.
Hope it works for me as well.

Marzi
Newly Registered
Mood:
Iran

IHS for spouse visa application

Post by Marzi » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:15 am

I am about to pay for IHS for UK SPOUSE VISA outside the UK and I have been asked about my husband visa expiry ?
Also, it is said that '' You don't need to add this person's details if they are a UK or EEA citizen.''

My husband got his ILR recently BUT he is not a British citizen.
So , I am a bit confused. Should I provide the expiry date on his ILR card?

Can anyone please help me with that?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: IHS for spouse visa application

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:19 am

Yes. You should put a date 3 years ahead from to get the correct IHS fee. If you put 2024, which is likely when the ILR BRP card expires, you will get the wrong IHS and pay too much.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Marzi
Newly Registered
Mood:
Iran

Post by Marzi » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:03 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:19 am

Yes. You should put a date 3 years ahead from to get the correct IHS fee. If you put 2024, which is likely when the ILR BRP card expires, you will get the wrong IHS and pay too much.
Thank you for your response. Concerning my spouse visa will be issued for 2.5 years. Should I pay to IHS for 3 years?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:04 pm

My understanding is that your initial visa might be for 33 months, so 3 years IHS is payable.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Marzi
Newly Registered
Mood:
Iran

Post by Marzi » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:04 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:04 pm
My understanding is that your initial visa might be for 33 months, so 3 years IHS is payable.
Sorry but I have got another question!
Meanwhile paying for IHL, I have been asked to fill the details of my husband '' You're joining or remaining with this person in the UK'' and it asked for visa route and visa type!
While I choose settlement, visa type can be chosen among different dependent visa types (I am his Wife)
I am wondering if this should be filled based on his visa route and visa type of visa or mine? If it is him, why his visa type is not there to be chosen?

Marzi
Newly Registered
Mood:
Iran

P60

Post by Marzi » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:42 pm

My sponsor/husband has his 5 years of his P60s until 2018. But, his most recent one for 2019 is not ready yet according to his employer. They said that it will be ready around mid-May and my appointment is early May. So, there is no way we can get that on time.
MY husband has been working for the same employer since 6 years ago.

What other information we can provide instead of his P60 for 2019? Would his payslips do? It says how much of his salary was taxable to date and these kind of information!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: P60

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:46 pm

Please keep all your questions in ONE topic (this one) instead of starting a new topic with every question you have.

See also multiple topics (click link to read forum rule)
Char (CR001 not Casa)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:22 pm

Marzi wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:42 pm
My sponsor/husband has his 5 years of his P60s until 2018. But, his most recent one for 2019 is not ready yet according to his employer. They said that it will be ready around mid-May and my appointment is early May. So, there is no way we can get that on time.

What other information we can provide instead of his P60 for 2019? Would his payslips do? It says how much of his salary was taxable to date and these kind of information!
Don't attach P60. Just payslips, employer letter and corresponding bank statements are enough.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Marzi
Newly Registered
Mood:
Iran

Post by Marzi » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:59 am

seagul wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:22 pm
Marzi wrote:

Don't attach P60. Just payslips, employer letter and corresponding bank statements are enough.
Ok, thanks.

I have made an online application for UK spouse visa through visa4uk .I have been told by a solicitor to apply through new service. But, I cannot find spouse visa in new service section. is it PBS Dependant - Partner Visa ????

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:32 pm

Marzi wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:59 am
seagul wrote:
Marzi wrote:

Ok, thanks.

I have made an online application for UK spouse visa through visa4uk .I have been told by a solicitor to apply through new service. But, I cannot find spouse visa in new service section. is it PBS Dependant - Partner Visa ????
No, it is NOT a PBS Dependent Partner Visa.

You must apply for a Settlement >> Settlement >> Spouse (wife/husband) partner visa.

What is the link for this 'new' service? Note that we do not all have access to the online forms.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Marzi
Newly Registered
Mood:
Iran

Post by Marzi » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:50 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:32 pm
Marzi wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:59 am
seagul wrote:
Marzi wrote:

Ok, thanks.

No, it is NOT a PBS Dependent Partner Visa.

You must apply for a Settlement >> Settlement >> Spouse (wife/husband) partner visa.

What is the link for this 'new' service? Note that we do not all have access to the online forms.
Actually I think that is Appendix FM Partner as it redirect me to a page entitled (Apply to enter the UK as a partner)

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... visit-visa
Note that it is not only for visitor visa as I was thinking! it redirects to a different visa types.