ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (P) ILR applied, no confirmation letter to help continue receiving support

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

av8924
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

SET (P) ILR applied, no confirmation letter to help continue receiving support

Post by av8924 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:10 am

Hi there,

I am writing on behalf of a family member and had a query as to confirmation of ILR and rights.

Refugee for 5 years - ending 22/04/2019.

Applied for ILR set (P) on 22/03/2019 (apply during the last month (according to gov website) so I assumed it's 1 calendar month, although I see that people apply 28 days prior, will this go against us?)

UKVCAS appointment 26/03/2019 to enrol bio-metrics (this is 27 days). Scans of all original documents taken but documents handed back to us.

We did receive a confirmation email stating application has been received and it could take up to 6 months to respond. This was on the 25/03/2019, 1 day before bio-metrics.

My question is, before I realised the above, whether we will receive a confirmation letter. The person is severely disabled and receives benefits because of that but they are now asking for proof of her right to stay. I have read section 3C which states a persons category is the same as the prior category so long as application was made in the 28 days leading to the end of it.

Can we just quote this to them? All we have are emails showing when the application was made which I am now in doubt of due to the above. Will we receive any letters? If not, what is the best way to proceed with pursing evidence? Waiting a month to receive ILR is okay but 6 months is a long time of severe hardship for them.

Thank you!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: SET (P) ILR applied, no confirmation letter to help continue receiving support

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:52 pm

SET(P) ILR can take up to 6 months. Usually it is processed in 3/4 months as I have seen a few cases. You are covered under section 3c and you can provide the unique reference letter or the case ID email that you have applied for SET(P) ILR.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

av8924
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: SET (P) ILR applied, no confirmation letter to help continue receiving support

Post by av8924 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:44 pm

Hi Tier,

Thank you for your reply. I'm glad to hear that.

Are we okay for when we sent the application? Or am I outside the correct timeline? On enrollment of bio metrics it's under 28 days but on date of online application it is 31 as I assumed a calender month.

Thank you

av8924
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by av8924 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:45 pm

And I assume there will be nothing in writing now until acceptance or refusal of ILR?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:57 pm

av8924 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:44 pm
Hi Tier,

Are we okay for when we sent the application? Or am I outside the correct timeline? On enrollment of bio metrics it's under 28 days but on date of online application it is 31 as I assumed a calender month.

Thank you
The date of online application submission date is the application date. Biometric date is irrelevant.
You should have submitted your application online within the 28 day window not before that.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:29 pm

While the date of the application is the date of online submission, case workers use the date which is most beneficial to the applicant. So if an applicant is eligible on the day of the decision then they should face no issues
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:49 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:57 pm
av8924 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:44 pm
Hi Tier,

Thank you
The date of online application submission date is the application date. Biometric date is irrelevant.
You should have submitted your application online within the 28 day window not before that.
Refugees applying on Set p can apply 30 days/a month in advance.

28 days concession applies to other UK immigration routes only.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:59 pm

Thanks for the correction zimba and CR001.

av8924
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by av8924 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:46 pm

Thank you Tier, Zimba and CR001,

I'm glad to hear that. I got in a bit of a panic when I saw the 28 days on other routes! I just went one month as that's what I saw on the gov website and the family member in question wanted it sent on that day as she was worried what may happen if not!

Okay I'll quote section 3C and provide email copies and hopefully that will be okay. If not, is there anyway I can ask the Home Office for evidence or a letter?

Thank you all again!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:12 pm

av8924 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:46 pm
Thank you Tier, Zimba and CR001,

I'm glad to hear that. I got in a bit of a panic when I saw the 28 days on other routes! I just went one month as that's what I saw on the gov website and the family member in question wanted it sent on that day as she was worried what may happen if not!

Okay I'll quote section 3C and provide email copies and hopefully that will be okay. If not, is there anyway I can ask the Home Office for evidence or a letter?

Thank you all again!
You should have received a confirmation email with a unique application reference number and HO tends to send a case ID email/post in the following days. If you have either of them you are okay.