ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set DV ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Meet1792
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Set DV ILR

Post by Meet1792 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:06 pm

Hello everybody Please please please help me out :roll:

I applied for ILR as a victim of domestic violence under SET DV . Jan 2018

It has been more than six months since i applied for ILR. After six months i contacted my local MP.

Local MP sent a letter to home office about the application and after a month they received a letter stating that they are still making enquiries and they are not sure how long they will take to make the decision.

My question is how long do they take to make the decision for these kinda applications cause it’s a domestic violence case usual it doesn’t take more than three months cause it’s under set dv.
I guess I am a male victim that’s why it’s taking longer than the usual time fram .

Any suggestions or answers would be appericiated as I’m very stressed out and can’t find a work cause passport has been submitted to Home office .

Thank you

equitydealer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Set DV ILR

Post by equitydealer » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:41 pm

How long is a piece of string....there’s no set time limit for processing an application. You just have to wait.
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

Meet1792
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Meet1792 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:39 pm

Hello sir thank you for your reply, it says on the paper it shouldn’t take more than six minutes cause I’m a destitute, I have seen these kinda applications being decided with three months and even less than that , what can I do to get the decision ASAP .

Meet1792
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Meet1792 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:42 pm

Correction six months.

equitydealer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by equitydealer » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:36 pm

that’s just a guideline, there’s no set time limit to process applications.
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

Meet1792
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Meet1792 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:16 pm

Thank you I’ll wait for few more weeks I’m already going through a lot of depression, let’s see .

Meet1792
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Meet1792 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:28 pm

One more thing sir do you think it can take forever cause I’m a destitute and what if I have to visit my country , how would that work ??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:33 pm

Meet1792 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:28 pm
One more thing sir do you think it can take forever cause I’m a destitute and what if I have to visit my country , how would that work ??
Contact your MP and ask them to follow up with HO.

If you leave the country, your application will be considered withdrawn. Not the best option in my opinion as you won't be able to return to the UK if you have no visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Meet1792
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Meet1792 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:34 pm

Thank you for the response I think I’ll wait for one more month cause within one month it will complete nine months and then again I’ll go to the mp , reason I don’t wanna wait anymore is I’m a destitute and finding a job is impossible when you don’t have any id but you are allowed to work .

ThayL
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ThayL » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:15 pm

Hi, could anyone contact me on whatsapp please so we can share experiences ? I'm so confused at the moment. I'm going to apply for my visa in 2 weeks. My number is [REMOVED BY MODERATOR] and also, is anyone here who had their DV ILR refused ?
Many thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:38 pm

Please note that you should NOT provide your personal details on the forum. You can be targeted by scammers/spammers on the forum.
Also DO NOT bump old posts with your requests. Start your own post for your case :!: :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice