ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GDC registration exempt status through EEA route

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jayss
Newly Registered
India

GDC registration exempt status through EEA route

Post by Jayss » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:50 pm

Hi everyone
I have some queries regarding my route to registration as Dentist under the GENERAL DENTAL COUNCIL (GDC). I have already made an application to the GDC using the exempt person status, as my wife is a British citizen. Myself an Indian graduated from India and presently in UK on the UK Spouse Visa

I submitted my application to the GENERAL DENTAL COUNCIL recently but later I realized that my wife has never worked/ studied in any other EU country. She has been in Britain most of her life. And the other place she resided in was the middle east.

According to the guidelines for exempt persons in the link https://www.gdc-uk.org/api/files/Guidan ... status.pdf

I understand that my spouse does not fulfil the criteria of being exempt since she has always been in the UK;
therefore I would like to know if I can move with the extended family member criteria according to The Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006 in which my brother in law (WIFE's BROTHER) is studying in the Czech Republic since two years.

Would you please kindly advice me in this matter. I would really appreciate your help.

( I am still doubtful about the guidelines regarding the extended family member section
LInk www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2006/1003/regulation/8/made )

Please Help :? :?
THANK YOU

NatCam
Georgia

Re: GDC registration exempt status through EEA route

Post by NatCam » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:54 pm

How is it possible? because:

<<iii. an “extended family member” of an EEA/Swiss national (as defined in the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006) AND
You are accompanying or joining an EEA/Swiss national who is residing in the UK either as a worker, as a self-employed person, as a student, as a self-sufficient person, or pursuant to the three month right to reside under Directive 2004/38/EC.>>

asimwelcomes

Re: GDC registration exempt status through EEA route

Post by asimwelcomes » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:20 am

Hello Jayss.

I am on the same board. Please let me know if you have any more information regarding the exempt person criteria.