ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR-M return of documents experiences

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

melburnian
Newly Registered
Australia

FLR-M return of documents experiences

Post by melburnian » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:52 am

Hi there,

Firstly I just want to say I really appreciate all the useful info everyone shares here, it's helped give me confidence in my application.

Wondering if anyone in can help with insight on their return of documents (specifically passport) experience when the existing service (docs sent via post) has been used?

I've applied for FLR-M within the UK and I can see from the timeline thread that people receive their BRP fairly quickly, but how quickly are people receiving their documents back?

I need to travel for work (currently on Tier 2 ICT) 1 week after my 8 week application decision deadline and am hoping I receive my passport back in time.

Thanks in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR-M return of documents experiences

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:56 am

You should not travel out of the UK until you have received your new visa BRP card. If you do, your FLR(M) application will be considered withdrawn.

Ask your MP to follow up with HO.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

melburnian
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by melburnian » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:05 pm

Thanks, that's good to know. I'm unable to travel out of the UK as the HO have my passport as evidence for my application.

I didn't apply using the new Sopra Steria VCAS service.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:07 pm

You will likely get your documents back shortly before or after a decision is made.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.