ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Visa- VFS Passport Collection

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mayank91
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

UK Spouse Visa- VFS Passport Collection

Post by Mayank91 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:03 pm

Hi Everyone. We applied for a UK Spouse Visa 2 weeks ago and my wife completed her biometrics appointment at VFS Global in Ahmedabad in India and we have sent all the supporting documents to UKVI. She got an option to get her passport delivered once a decision has been made so she doesn't have to go to VFS to collect it. She paid a small fee to get it delivered and they gave her a receipt aswell. Unfortunately my wife has lost this receipt and cannot find it anywhere- so my question is will she need to show this receipt when her passport gets delivered? If she has to show this and she cannot find it, what can she do instead?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mayank

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: UK Spouse Visa- VFS Passport Collection

Post by seagul » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:15 pm

Mayank91 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:03 pm
Unfortunately my wife has lost this receipt and cannot find it anywhere- so my question is will she need to show this receipt when her passport gets delivered? If she has to show this and she cannot find it, what can she do instead?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mayank
Usually the receipt is mandatory but on special request and telling the problem they may accept her national identity card.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.