ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AshJK
United Kingdom

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by AshJK » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:53 pm

nzldnz wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:39 am
It was delivered by Royal Mail.
Thanks. Did someone have to sign for it or was it just delivered without a signature requirement?
[/quote]

No no! No signature at all. Instead we weren't at home and it was left there on the front porch like normal post.
[/quote]

Thank you. That is actually quite convenient. DX was a terribly incompetent courier company to deal with for Home Office deliveries, and I am happy that this is being done by regular mail.

AshJK
United Kingdom

Post by AshJK » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:25 pm

COA : 8/04/2019

The Application is currently under consideration so still waiting.

I have been with my wife for 10 years, 4+ years in Cyprus and 5 years and half in the Uk. We been married for 7 years and we both came to the uk in the above mentioned date. She applied to Settlement and she got her ILR approval and I am still waiting. Not sure what is/are the reason(s) of the silly delay as I thought it is going to be straight forward.
[/quote]

It appears that Settled status applications for the non-EU spouses of EU nationals is dragging on for a while ('2 weeks after CoA, no status update' seems to be the norm) after the CoA is issued, irrespective of how genuine/strong the application is. Probably going into a different caseworker queue where these cases are not getting resolved efficiently. Reeks of discrimination, but could be just more more manual checks in these cases causing delays.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:22 pm

AshJK wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:25 pm
COA : 8/04/2019

The Application is currently under consideration so still waiting.

I have been with my wife for 10 years, 4+ years in Cyprus and 5 years and half in the Uk. We been married for 7 years and we both came to the uk in the above mentioned date. She applied to Settlement and she got her ILR approval and I am still waiting. Not sure what is/are the reason(s) of the silly delay as I thought it is going to be straight forward.
It appears that Settled status applications for the non-EU spouses of EU nationals is dragging on for a while ('2 weeks after CoA, no status update' seems to be the norm) after the CoA is issued, irrespective of how genuine/strong the application is. Probably going into a different caseworker queue where these cases are not getting resolved efficiently. Reeks of discrimination, but could be just more more manual checks in these cases causing delays.
[/quote]

Yea completely agree with you. My RC is expiring soon and I got a new job to start. Made application on 4th of April and completed biometrics but have not had any response not even COA.

I know they are dealing with quite a lot cases but at the moment they are keeping us in dark and not even bothered. Typical Home Office!!

Romy88
Ukraine

Post by Romy88 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:02 am

Good morning ALL

And congratulations to those who already got settled/ presellted status. Personally me, I am still waiting as many people. It will be three weeks as I applied.

Can you please advise when you were granted settled/ presettled status, did you get letter in a digital format like COA when they email it to you or did you get postal letter? Thank you in advance.

eyps1213
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by eyps1213 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:53 am

Romy88 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:02 am
Good morning ALL

And congratulations to those who already got settled/ presellted status. Personally me, I am still waiting as many people. It will be three weeks as I applied.

Can you please advise when you were granted settled/ presettled status, did you get letter in a digital format like COA when they email it to you or did you get postal letter? Thank you in advance.
I got my pre-settled status on the 8th. I applied on 31st of March. Got CoA and status on the same day. I even sent my passport to them, they received it on the 2nd of April. I am a non EU. I got it via email.

My husband which is the EU national, applied at the same time as mine. Same date as I mentioned above. Still waiting for CoA and status.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:06 am

eyps1213 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:53 am
Romy88 wrote:
Good morning ALL

I got my pre-settled status on the 8th. I applied on 31st of March. Got CoA and status on the same day. I even sent my passport to them, they received it on the 2nd of April. I am a non EU. I got it via email.

My husband which is the EU national, applied at the same time as mine. Same date as I mentioned above. Still waiting for CoA and status.
Spoken to the resolution centre twice in last 13 days since I made my application. Same old answer "it is currently going through process" there is nothing more they can say apart from that.

My wife EU national still waiting for ID card sent 2 weeks ago and COA + Status confirmation.
Me non EU- bio metrics completed but still waiting for COA + Status confirmation.

My RC is expiring soon and need to start new job so little bit worried now !!

AshJK
United Kingdom

Post by AshJK » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:17 am

Romy88 wrote:
Good morning ALL

For pre-settled applications without any extra physical documents being requested, the CoA is getting issued within 9 working days provided the biometric appointment is completed at the point that the caseworker looks at the application. If the biometrics are done after a few days, then there is a bit more of delay seen.

CoA comes by email, and the status approval comes by email too. After the status approval mail comes in, the LTR status can be viewed online by you and employers.

FKM1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by FKM1 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:10 am

Well I think for non eu applicants, it will take some times for the decision to be made especially for ILRs applicants as it is almost like the Citizenship in term of rights. For the EU applicants most of the cases are done through automated procedure whereas the non EU applicants are done through case by case ( unless if applicants holds PRC). All we need to do is to wait and see how it goes. I personally think we all going to be Ok especially if we been here for more than 5 years with our sponsors. I mean there is no reason to reject an applicant if no SERIOUS crime been involved.

amralialla100216
Lithuania

Post by amralialla100216 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:07 pm

Hi everybody,

I really lost hope calling resolution center, it seems like the Homeoffice categorized us already, it doesn't matter when do you apply , what is matter is who you are !!! That gives the priority to EU Citizens Then Non EU Family member with BRC and FMP , then at the end Non EU Family member holding any other kind of visa Or BRP!! I dunno even if the caseworker got a guide for the family member who has different permit than Non EU Family member or not !! Because it doesn't make sense all Non EU family member with BRP who applied on 30/03 and done their Bio, haven't received CoA yet !! which means the caseworker haven't even looked at their applications !!!! This really frustrating and being left in dark like this without any explanation or reasonable answer is annoying !! :x :x

Hayley01
South Africa

Post by Hayley01 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:17 pm

amralialla100216 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:07 pm
Hi everybody,

I really lost hope calling resolution center, it seems like the Homeoffice categorized us already, it doesn't matter when do you apply , what is matter is who you are !!! That gives the priority to EU Citizens Then Non EU Family member with BRC and FMP , then at the end Non EU Family member holding any other kind of visa Or BRP!! I dunno even if the caseworker got a guide for the family member who has different permit than Non EU Family member or not !! Because it doesn't make sense all Non EU family member with BRP who applied on 30/03 and done their Bio, haven't received CoA yet !! which means the caseworker haven't even looked at their applications !!!! This really frustrating and being left in dark like this without any explanation or reasonable answer is annoying !! :x :x
Needless to say it's frustrating and no word on when we can expect passports back. Atleast give me back my passport but apparently even those have not been checked yet. Seems intentional. Would be better if they just communicate and say they expect processing for non eu family members with other BRPs to take 3months than to just keep quiet.

Bunny47
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Bunny47 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:22 pm

Non Eu...... Av called resolution centre yesterday and I was told caseworker have not touched my application since 8th April. That's the date when they issued me COA. I was also told to wait for another week and then I should call them again and ask for the escalation. The guy told me that I still have 80 days on my application..... So I guess HO will process non eu applicants within 3 months or so.

JoeCross
Newly Registered
Macedonia

Post by JoeCross » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:28 pm

3 months process time? Then why they say 5 to 9 days? It's infuriating - and they were lying ... I send my RC to them and now it turns out that the whole summer I can't leave the UK because of it? omg ... Can't they at least return the documents - and take a whole year for decision - I don't care - but why they need to keep my RC when they issued it in the first place? Just make a copy, note the serial number and return it ... stupid rules

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:39 pm

JoeCross wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:28 pm
3 months process time? Then why they say 5 to 9 days? It's infuriating - and they were lying ... I send my RC to them and now it turns out that the whole summer I can't leave the UK because of it? omg ... Can't they at least return the documents - and take a whole year for decision - I don't care - but why they need to keep my RC when they issued it in the first place? Just make a copy, note the serial number and return it ... stupid rules
This is absolutely joke the way HO is treating non eu application and not communicating anything at all. I guess they are all concerned about their easter holiday + they know its free application service so not bothered at all. Disgusting service. Trust me calling resolution centre is absolutely waste of time. For HO we are just numbers and nothing more than that. We can't even make complain or escalate our application !!

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:40 pm

I think it was 18 - not 80 days.

Bunny47
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Bunny47 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:49 pm

NatCam wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:40 pm
Asked him twice because that's wot I thought. I've applied on 30th and biometric on 4th. They process application after submission of biometrics. 10 gone 80 left. I truly hope they do it as quickly as they doing it for EEA nationals.

Hayley01
South Africa

Post by Hayley01 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:54 pm

NatCam wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:40 pm
I'm on 18 days now 17 if you count from when they received my passport but no COA yet so its definitely not 18 days.

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:09 pm

@Hayley1, Bunny47 mentioned 80 days. I thimk he misheard (they sound similar, don't they? - 80 and 18). This is ALL I wanted to say. To give you some hope... you see.

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:17 pm

@Bunny47,
This is too bad.

goodpartner
Ukraine

Post by goodpartner » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:32 pm

Guys, don’t worry. Look at timeline of my friends. EU citizen - settles status was offered on 12th of April. coa was received on 13. Decision 18.04.2019
His wife non eu, submitted application on Saturday 13th of April, biometric done on 15th late evening. Still no COA.

FKM1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by FKM1 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:05 pm

Hi

Just talked to them over the phone, nothing new really. she said my application is straight forward and no more documents need to provide from my side, Caseworker will look into it. She said they are super buys with nearly 800K applicants since the open date. she said do not worry no reason to reject applicants (EU and NON EU).

I really thought like if we need to apply for a normal ILR it would cost us not less than 2k Pounds and decision within 6 month. even PRC would cost 65 Pounds within 6 month time table with lots of supporting docs, etc.

Romy88
Ukraine

Post by Romy88 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:43 pm

I got my pre-settled status on the 8th. I applied on 31st of March. Got CoA and status on the same day. I even sent my passport to them, they received it on the 2nd of April. I am a non EU. I got it via email. - how it is possible that Non-EU were granted ILR before their EU spouse/sponsor? It doesn't make any sence to me. I think that the logic and Home Office will never meet :)

Blacksea28
Turkey

Post by Blacksea28 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:47 pm

Hi all,

Update to my Timeline:

Applied: 31st of March
Biometrics done on : 1st of April
COA received : 05th of April
5 year pre-settled status granted: 18th of April

Biometric Residence Card is to be sent(7 working days)

I had so stressfull time as I was working on EEA family permit visa. I and my wife came to the UK by 29th of March, she called them during last 3 days and yesterday wanted escalate to their superior etc and today we both got decision, So may be better to call them everyday if your application is pending more than 15 days :)

Romy88
Ukraine

Post by Romy88 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:50 pm

Bunny47 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:22 pm
Non Eu...... Av called resolution centre yesterday and I was told caseworker have not touched my application since 8th April. That's the date when they issued me COA. I was also told to wait for another week and then I should call them again and ask for the escalation. The guy told me that I still have 80 days on my application..... So I guess HO will process non eu applicants within 3 months or so.
:roll:

I hope we all will get ILR before we apply for a pension in this country :mrgreen:

By the way, I was advised by resolution centre that there is no timescale, each case will be looked at individually.

Romy88
Ukraine

Post by Romy88 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:57 pm

How it is possible that Non-EU were granted ILR before their EU spouse/sponsor? It doesn't make any sense to me. I think that the logic and Home Office will never meet :)

AshJK
United Kingdom

Post by AshJK » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:07 pm

amralialla100216 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:07 pm
.... Because it doesn't make sense all Non EU family member with BRP who applied on 30/03 and done their Bio, haven't received CoA yet !! which means the caseworker haven't even looked at their applications !!!! This really frustrating and being left in dark like this without any explanation or reasonable answer is annoying !! :x :x
This is not quite the case. Non EU family members who applied for pre-settled status on 30/03 and completed biometrics within the next 4 days have got CoAs, and a few have got BRCs this week.

Non EU family members who have applied for settled status have generally not seen anything after their CoAs till now, and some have not even been given CoAs yet. The high level of delay is in this settled status application category. Both people with and without prior BRCs are not getting status approvals so far.