ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS fee for Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raniramachandra
Newly Registered
India

IHS fee for Spouse Visa

Post by raniramachandra » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:08 pm

Hello,
I have submitted application for spouse visa through visa4uk .Am from India and my husband has ILR with expiry on 2024 .I have paid IHS fee of 2,516.00 pounds ,my concern is as IHS fee is 1200 pounds for 3 years ,why I have been charged for more,can you help how IHS fee has been calculated ? Also what's the workaround if I have been charged more? Any body else facing same issue,please share

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: IHS fee for Spouse Visa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:31 pm

It would have been useful to ask the question before paying for IHS.

The IHS has been calculated on the ILR expiry date you put in. It is a known glitch in the system and you should have put your ILR BRP expiry date as 3 years ahead, ie 2022.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

raniramachandra
Newly Registered
India

Post by raniramachandra » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:25 pm

I had paid IHS fee with form filling assistance service from VFS global Bangalore ,they said it's system generated and system has calculated as per ILR expiry date but my husband raised concern ,which landed me to this forum.
UK.gov website does say that if we have paid more IHS it gets automatically refunded ,please let me know as it's system glitch there should be way around as it's not our fault.
One more question ,form declaration asks not to mention wrong information so not sure if I could have updated ILR expiry as 2022 .

raniramachandra
Newly Registered
India

Post by raniramachandra » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:34 pm

Please do clarify what you meant by ILR BRP expiry date as 3 yrs ahead ,as my husband ILR expiry year 2024 ,it should be 2027 ,if I understand correctly.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:08 pm

Three years ahead from NOW! Not from the expiry date of 2024!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Olihasan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Olihasan » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:01 pm

Hi I applied on 15th feb for my wife and son i have received ihs link for my son on 3rd April to pay i made the payment on the 3rd is that a positive indication my 2 previous applications were refused and i didnt received any ihs link for those refused applications.
Is this positive indication?
How long would it take to get the decision?
Anybody can help please?
Thanks

raniramachandra
Newly Registered
India

Post by raniramachandra » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:48 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:08 pm
Three years ahead from NOW! Not from the expiry date of 2024!!
Thanks for reply:) , while submitting the application i had selected visa route :settlement & visa type : wife for myself & visa route : settlement & visa type : husband for my husband ,which i felt strange as the drop down in the application form dint had ILR as option to be selected for my husband ,can you please confirm if the options i selected are correct ?
Currently i have submitted the application on 17th Apr 2019,am asking these questions so that i can be sure to go ahead for next steps of document scanning & BRP .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:54 pm

What was the visa fee in British pounds you paid?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

raniramachandra
Newly Registered
India

Post by raniramachandra » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:17 pm

I have paid 1,596.00 pounds for visa fee.