ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric Residence Card needed for settled status for non-EU applications.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

grateful2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Biometric Residence Card needed for settled status for non-EU applications.

Post by grateful2 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:01 pm

I am a non-EEA national and civil partnered to EU national. Was issued with a ‘Residence Card of a Family member of an EEA National’ affixed to my passport in June 2014. This is due to expire/renew mid-June 2019. I have lived and worked in the UK for past 5 years. EU partner settled status application made yesterday and waiting for confirmation – we anticipate no issues.
I went to apply for settled status using the app and for non EU/EEA you ‘’ must use a biometric residence card’ which I do not have. As mentioned above, I only have the ‘Residence Card of a Family member of an EEA National’ in the passport. I scanned this visa but could not proceed with application.

1.Do I need a biometric residence card as a non-EEA/EU to apply to the settled scheme?
2.If so, how quick will I receive the biometric residence card? Any expedited services?
3.Planned travel booked from June onward – can I still travel if have not received the biometric residence card and before applying/receiving the settled status?

Many thanks for your help.

BootaKHAN
United Kingdom

Re: Biometric Residence Card needed for settled status for non-EU applications.

Post by BootaKHAN » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:16 pm

Not now , any new application will be considered under new rules, settle or pre settle . No need to have bio card etc but if you don’t have yet , then you will get one .

grateful2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Biometric Residence Card needed for settled status for non-EU applications.

Post by grateful2 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:03 pm

Hi, thank you for confirming. If I'm not mistaken should I proceed to apply for settled/pre-settled status online?

My understanding is that the online application will direct me to make an appointment to get biometrics done and wont have to post my passport?

Thanks