ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What nexts???? HELP!!!!!!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alizwa
Newly Registered

What nexts???? HELP!!!!!!

Post by alizwa » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:42 am

Hi all, need your advice, if anyone has the answers. OK, to cut a long story short. I have had perminant residency in the UK for over 10 years and have not applied for my british citizenship as yet, Yes my parents have been jumping up and down in frustration at my procrastination, anyway, I am currently married to a british citizen and I have recently taken my life in UK test and passed. What do I do now???? I have read all the literature, but I am still confused. Do I just fill out the paperwork for citizenship and if so, as the spouse of a UK citizen or is it easier to go down the route of my permanent residency. Is there anything that I am overlooking here, how long does the process take?
Sorry for the long mail, bit I have been trying to work this out and am finding this very confusing. Would any of you advise me going to an immigration lawyer, does this make it quicker or easier.
Any feedback would be gratefully welcome.
Many thanks in advance.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:45 pm

Apply! look on the BIA website for the form, I can't be arsed right now, got a bloody hangover.....

Oh, it's £660 or so ISTR.....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:48 pm

Wanderer wrote:Apply! look on the BIA website for the form, I can't be arsed right now, got a bloody hangover.....

Wanderer, you have a hangover so .... are you at work not doing so well? or did you just get up?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:54 pm

republique wrote:
Wanderer wrote:Apply! look on the BIA website for the form, I can't be arsed right now, got a bloody hangover.....

Wanderer, you have a hangover so .... are you at work not doing so well? or did you just get up?
At work, but work here is very cyclic, at the moment we're on a 'rest' period, there's no work being done by anyone! Lately tho it's been hectic, 56 hours straight through on a number of occasions, live systems you see, I can tell you after about 40 hours without sleep you start seeing things....

One of the guys had a leaving party last night so we had a few drinks and played guitar all night.

I think I'll go home soon!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

whirly

Post by whirly » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:48 pm

Do I just fill out the paperwork for citizenship and if so, as the spouse of a UK citizen or is it easier to go down the route of my permanent residency.
I don't see why it makes a difference which way you apply. Sounds like you are eligible at any rate. Here's the BIA linkthat Wanderer was referring to.

The application is fairly straightforward. I'd suggest using the Nationality Checking Service through your local Council, especially since you won't have to send off your passport. I submitted mine about 6 weeks ago through the NCS and am waiting for approval (I got my acknowledgement letter and proof of payment about 10 days after submitting my application).

You might as well apply sooner rather than later... Sounds like they're trying to change the requirements for naturalisation. And like Wanderer said, it's *only* £655 right now! Bargain!

alizwa
Newly Registered

Post by alizwa » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:14 am

Thanks all for your responses, Whirly, what do you mean that they are trying to change the process for naturialisation????? havent heard about this!!!! does anyone know what they are proposing.

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Administrator » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:31 pm

alizwa wrote:Thanks all for your responses, Whirly, what do you mean that they are trying to change the process for naturialisation????? havent heard about this!!!! does anyone know what they are proposing.
The government is (and has been for the past two years) radically changing & overhauling the immigration system. Fees have been going up, some have more than doubled in the past 24 months.

There are a number of proposals to change the naturalization process. Some serious, some not.

Best Advice:

Apply immediately under the current rules. They will only get more complex and more expensive if you delay.

the Admin
Contact Information:
• Mobile: +44 (0)77996 22200
• Tel: +44(0)344 991 9222
• Email: sanwar.ali@workpermit.com

Follow Us On:
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sanwarali/
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/workpermitcom