ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CoS start dates

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rose1210
Newly Registered
Philippines

CoS start dates

Post by Rose1210 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:30 pm

Hello everyone!

I am in the dark with regards to the CoS start date vs the actual start date.

I am changing to a new employer and have been issued with a new CoS. Start date is on the 10th of June. However, reading on some of your advice in other posts, it is best to hand in notice to the current employer after receipt of the new BRP. Notice period with my current employer is 8 weeks. Would’ve been fine but i applied for the standard route for Tier 2 visa and didn’t think about the possible overlap or gap in my CoS start date with my actual start date with the new employer. My UKVAS appointment is on the 27th of April so I am unsure if I should hand in my notice now or should I wait til I get the BRP? If I hand in my notice now I will need to work til 20th of June 2019 but if I wait for my BRP to arrive which will probably be June 2019, i will then hand in my notice and work with them til august 2019. Will this possible overlap or gap affect my ILR application next year?

Please i hope someone who knows a lot about this could advise as I am really unsure of what to do! Thank you so much!!!!