ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

supporting documents scan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: supporting documents scan

Post by ariamus » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:34 am

*visa fee and IHS fee

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:09 pm

ariamus wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:07 am
As you complete the online application, it will guide you through to paying the visa fee and application fee.

From memory, after the above point you are directed to the Sopra Steria site, to log in and upload documents.

Note you don’t have to upload all documents at once, you can add gradually on different days if you wish however don’t leave until a day before biometrics appointment, in case there is an internet connection issue, the site doesn’t work etc.
Thank you very much. Wow, that's really great to have flexibility of uploading documents.
Yes ok I will finish couple of days before appointment.
And also, when I finish online application, Do I need to have printer ready or Do I have flexibility to save application and print later? please share.

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:17 pm

You can print the application anytime, even after biometrics appointment, whether it’s part completed or fully completed.

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:23 pm

ariamus wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:17 pm
You can print the application anytime, even after biometrics appointment, whether it’s part completed or fully completed.
Many thanks for quick support.. bless u ariamus

Halima19888
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Halima19888 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:37 pm

Imhere01 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:34 pm
Halima19888 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:26 pm
Imhere01 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:00 pm
Halima19888 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:50 pm

I’m also wondering the same thing. I got a receipt and my documents handed back to me. They don’t keep your documents. The purpose of this new systems of scanning rather than posting supporting documents is so that you may keep the documents during the appplication process. Did you pay the £75? Or just give the documents and leave? @imhere01
I handed over my documents.. I then paid £75 for the fee and £20 for the courier service ..

I told him I paid for priority service so needed the documents to be uploaded ASAP to which he said he would do it the following day but I haven’t received an email from vfs to say that this has been done

You really didn’t need to pay the £20 for them to post back to you. If you would’ve waited they would hand your documents to you there and then as soon as they were saved.
Mine was priority too, I didn’t really ask when they would send them to Sheffield but I did wait for them to save on their computers which took around 45 mins.

Well it wasn’t made clear to me and I was in a stressful situation so just paid. It’s not like I chose not to wait, I wasn’t given the option of waiting because they were extremely busy and nearing the end of the day apparently even though it was only 3.30ish. I thought this was their procedure.

Well if you didn’t ask when it would be sent to Sheffield then it looks I’m in a similar boat. I’ll just go in person and see what they say.

Did you manage to contact them about your documents, hope you have them back now.
Also When would they reach Sheffield? Mine is also priority so would be helpful to know.

Imhere01
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Imhere01 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:10 am

Halima19888 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:37 pm
Imhere01 wrote:
Halima19888 wrote:
Imhere01 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:00 pm

I handed over my documents.. I then paid £75 for the fee and £20 for the courier service ..

I told him I paid for priority service so needed the documents to be uploaded ASAP to which he said he would do it the following day but I haven’t received an email from vfs to say that this has been done

You really didn’t need to pay the £20 for them to post back to you. If you would’ve waited they would hand your documents to you there and then as soon as they were saved.
Mine was priority too, I didn’t really ask when they would send them to Sheffield but I did wait for them to save on their computers which took around 45 mins.

Well it wasn’t made clear to me and I was in a stressful situation so just paid. It’s not like I chose not to wait, I wasn’t given the option of waiting because they were extremely busy and nearing the end of the day apparently even though it was only 3.30ish. I thought this was their procedure.

Well if you didn’t ask when it would be sent to Sheffield then it looks I’m in a similar boat. I’ll just go in person and see what they say.

Did you manage to contact them about your documents, hope you have them back now.
Also When would they reach Sheffield? Mine is also priority so would be helpful to know.
Yup. The guy said he sent it off the same day. Apparently scans are uploaded on the same day but I can’t be 100% sure because the staff in there are just plain rude sometimes

Anyway best of luck!

billalahmed
Newly Registered

Post by billalahmed » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:50 am

ariamus wrote:
As you complete the online application, it will guide you through to paying the visa fee and application fee.

From memory, after the above point you are directed to the Sopra Steria site, to log in and upload documents.

Note you don’t have to upload all documents at once, you can add gradually on different days if you wish however don’t leave until a day before biometrics appointment, in case there is an internet connection issue, the site doesn’t work etc.
How is it possible to upload the supporting documents online? Do you have to register on the VFS website first? I didnt get the option on the visa4uk website.

As currently you can only apply for spouse visa using the visa4uk website and that does not allow documents to be uploaded.

"3. Your sponsor or an agent can submit supporting documents in the UK in person for a fee of £75 per application payable in cash or with a debit card. If you applied on Visa4uK"

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:02 pm

billalahmed wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:50 am
ariamus wrote:

How is it possible to upload the supporting documents online? Do you have to register on the VFS website first? I didnt get the option on the visa4uk website.

As currently you can only apply for spouse visa using the visa4uk website and that does not allow documents to be uploaded.

"3. Your sponsor or an agent can submit supporting documents in the UK in person for a fee of £75 per application payable in cash or with a debit card. If you applied on Visa4uK"
Maybe there is no option to freely uploading the supporting documents by yourself if you submitting the first spouse visa application from abroad.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:37 pm

You are only able to self-upload documents if you are using the new AccessUK website.

If using Visa4uk then you will have to scan at one of the centres in UK.
Allah is the greatest!

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:51 pm

Exquisit33 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:37 pm
You are only able to self-upload documents if you are using the new AccessUK website.

Thank you very much for clarification.
can we apply settlement spouse initial entry visa through AccessUK?
Thanks in advance

Halima19888
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Halima19888 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:41 pm

Imhere01 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:10 am
Halima19888 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:37 pm
Imhere01 wrote:
Halima19888 wrote:

Yup. The guy said he sent it off the same day. Apparently scans are uploaded on the same day but I can’t be 100% sure because the staff in there are just plain rude sometimes

Anyway best of luck!

Thanks for letting me know.
It’s been 8 working days since biometrics were done in Mirpur.
6 working days since documents were scanned. No contact as of yet. Hope all goes well for you, do keep me in your prayers too.

billalahmed
Newly Registered

Post by billalahmed » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:44 pm

rmkirfan wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:51 pm
Exquisit33 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:37 pm

Thank you very much for clarification.
can we apply settlement spouse initial entry visa through AccessUK?
Thanks in advance
Not possible to apply through AccessUK, spouse visa can only be applied through visa4uk currently. So doesnt look like anyone is able to upload documents for spouse visa if applying from abroad.

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:24 pm

Many thanks bilalahmad, that was great catch.

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:59 am

Sorry this is incorrect brother. Spouse Settlement Visa can be applied using New Access Uk website. We have applied and I know lots of others that have applied too. You self upload documents on the VFS website or can have them scanned at one of the centres in UK. The fee is £75 at the centres but free if you use VFS self upload option.

When you visit Visa4UK website you select ‘new service’ and it will take you to AccessUK you then select language and Appendix FM Partner and register.
Allah is the greatest!

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:03 pm

Exquisit33 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:59 am
Sorry this is incorrect brother. Spouse Settlement Visa can be applied using New Access Uk website. We have applied and I know lots of others that have applied too. You self upload documents on the VFS website or can have them scanned at one of the centres in UK. The fee is £75 at the centres but free if you use VFS self upload option.

When you visit Visa4UK website you select ‘new service’ and it will take you to AccessUK you then select language and Appendix FM Partner and register.
Thank you very much for advise , further query please...
Did you apply for spouse entry settlement visa through UK Access (for the first time,where the applicant is still in abroad)?
As I was going through the UKAccess form,sounds like suitable for extending or switching to partner while applicant with in UK.But not for first time spouse entry.
I wish I could apply through UKaccess, its more simplified version.

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:16 pm

rmkirfan wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:03 pm
Exquisit33 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:59 am

Thank you very much for advise , further query please...
Did you apply for spouse entry settlement visa through UKAccess (for the first time,where the applicant is still in abroad)?
As I was going through the UKAccess form,sounds like suitable for extending or switching to partner while applicant with in UK.But not for first time spouse entry.
I wish I could apply through UKaccess, its more simplified version.
And also through UKAccess is only used for ( outside applicants)
- Standard Visitor Visa
- Marriage Visitor Visa
- 1 month Permitted Paid Engagements visa
But not for Settlement spouse visa from outside UK, Only option is through Visa4UK for now.

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:06 am

No brother

It’s for applicants abroad.

Our applicant is in Pakistan and we applied for her first spouse visa entry
Allah is the greatest!

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:48 am

I am currently uploading document for Fiance VIsa. They redirect you to VFS global after paying fees for uploading documents and for booking appointment . Documents should not be more than 10MB if PDF . Its really stupid process because you can preview files before uploading but cannot see it after uploading so we have no clue what documents got uploaded successfully ..Process of uploading is different for application made inside and outside UK.. VFsglobal deal with outside application and they have very negative reviews

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/vfsglobal.com

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:19 pm

Exquisit33 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:06 am
No brother
Thank you very much Exquisit33, Really appreciate your advise about this new service.
I prefer UKAccess form, looks more simplified version (bit tricky for self employment though).
Did you fill Appendix 2 through UKaccess as well? As financial details included in it.
Please confirm?

hamakhaa

Post by hamakhaa » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:59 pm

What document did the applicant took with her/him during the biometric appointment. Is that just the appt and payment confirmation and passport?

I was in Pakistan last week so I brought TB certificate with me so that I can provide to the home office here in Sheffield. Do you think the applicant would need that (and other doc) as part of biometric appt?
Exquisit33 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:06 am
No brother

hamakhaa

Post by hamakhaa » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:06 pm

Also did you included the Appendix 2 of VAF 4A as part of the documents? Seems like those questions are covered by the AccessUK online form, isnt it?

Thanks in advance.

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:14 pm

hamakhaa wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:06 pm
Also did you included the Appendix 2 of VAF 4A as part of the documents? Seems like those questions are covered by the AccessUK online form, isnt it?

Thanks in advance.
Yes, its been reported Appendix2 still need upload for now.

bmrpl
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by bmrpl » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:20 am

Hi there,

My wife applied for a visitor visa for her sister yesterday via the access UK website and she can't seem to find any way of uploading supporting documentation. Any clues how to get there please?
Thanks!

Imhere01
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Imhere01 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:44 am

Halima19888 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:43 pm
I can understand it’s stressful for us all because this is a new procedure. Even my solicitor was a bit taken back as she normally posts all supporting documents of her clients.
Hopefully by us posting our experiences on here others will know how it works and will be better prepared unlike we were :cry:
I pray all goes well for you.
Hey I wanted to ask whether you paid for priority in the U.K. or abroad?
Also did you provide confirmation of paying for priority in with your supporting docs?
Just a little anxious as I haven’t received my eco email yet 🙈

Halima19888
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Halima19888 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:31 am

Imhere01 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:44 am
Halima19888 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:43 pm
I can understand it’s stressful for us all because this is a new procedure. Even my solicitor was a bit taken back as she normally posts all supporting documents of her clients.
Hopefully by us posting our experiences on here others will know how it works and will be better prepared unlike we were :cry:
I pray all goes well for you.
Hey I wanted to ask whether you paid for priority in the U.K. or abroad?
Also did you provide confirmation of paying for priority in with your supporting docs?
Just a little anxious as I haven’t received my eco email yet 🙈

I paid for priority here, in the UK.
My husband gave the printed priority reciept along with other receipts when giving his passport in Mirpur.
I also gave the printed priority reciept to be scanned along with my supporting documents at the VFS centre in manchester.
I received the email that application has been received and is being prepared for consideration by an entry clearance officer, on Tuesday 23rd April.
Keep me in your prayers please.
Hope you get an answer soon.