ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What's wrong with "republique"?

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RobinLondon
Member of Standing

What's wrong with "republique"?

Post by RobinLondon » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:56 am

I'm just being curious (and probably a busy-body), but why is republique on "thin ice"? I haven't read every single one of his/her posts, but they haven't struck me as being too untoward.

Have I dropped the plot?

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:56 pm

Yeah I saw the "thin ice" and at first I thought we were allowed to make up our own titles. Mine would have been "Queen", naturally. :lol:

I guess on every message board, people can be a bit sensitive to other's replies, even moreso when it is immigration related - which, for many people here, may mean having to live long periods of time away from loved ones, etc.

But then, there's offering advice and there's being too frank about one's opinions.

JA13I

Post by JA13I » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:21 am

While we are at the topic.... SYH.... BANNED?!....I am stumped! But why? :roll:
Jabi

republique
BANNED

Re: What's wrong with "republique"?

Post by republique » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:05 am

RobinLondon wrote:I'm just being curious (and probably a busy-body), but why is republique on "thin ice"? I haven't read every single one of his/her posts, but they haven't struck me as being too untoward.

Have I dropped the plot?
Thanks, I was surprised too.
Evidently, someone whom I disagreed with and confronted his unsubstaniated position, distorted every word I used to the extreme and understood it to mean the most negative connotation (I presume due to it not being their native language) and complained to the admin. They ignored any points I made, any requests to support some remarks that were a reach from a more or less accepted position. I got a bit wound up because of the lack of response but continued insistence from them to support my view as well as their know it all attitude. As a result, I have chosen not to respond to any more of their questions to me to avoid any more conflict.

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Administrator » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:00 pm

Hi --

republique & SYH both have engaged in behavior that crossed the line of mere disagreements.

SYH received a couple of direct warnings, apart from the fact that he participated in several topics where other members were publicly warned about similar activities.

I have made numerous attempts to keep people focused on not degenerating into personal attacks, and very especially I am not interested in seeing relative newbies to this board getting piled upon.

republique is warned for exactly the same reasons.

There is a distinction between being frank and crossing the line into abusing other members.

If a few senior members want to engage in a bit of fisticuffs, I might be willing to overlook that should the engagement remain relatively sane and not spill into an across-the-boards flamewar.

republique - your viewpoint is noted. However, having reviewed the thread(s) in entirety, I disagree with how you've characterized your behavior.

I characterize it as inserting remarks into a discussion designed to be denigrating and disparaging of other members, and then using their reaction as justification to derail a topic with a number of rather uncalled-for remarks.

That is the opinion of this Admin, as well as other workpermit.com employees who reviewed the posts.

I urge all members to refrain from personal attacks on other members.

We try as hard as possible to keep this forum open to free speech and freedom of expression, but we do draw the line when the replies start to turn nasty. As well as offering advice on how to break the laws of any country.

Borderline cases get a strong warning and get put on - thin ice - for a while. People who cross the border get banned ... especially if they've received warnings previously.

Final word on this (applies to EVERYONE): If you waste our time dealing with these sorts of issues, be assured that you are irritating us to the point of banning you. Play nice with each other and bring your civilized manners to the table.

I direct everyone's attention to these policies:

-> Announcements -> forum trolling

-> Announcements -> multiple member ID's

I have tried to keep the rules around here very simple and clear:

- we are here to help each other
- no trolling
- no abusing this forum or its membership
- do not introduce liability upon the forum owners
- play nice, be kind to one another

- this is an adult forum, so you have the responsibility to behave like one when participating here

the Admin
Contact Information:
• Mobile: +44 (0)77996 22200
• Tel: +44(0)344 991 9222
• Email: sanwar.ali@workpermit.com

Follow Us On:
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sanwarali/
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/workpermitcom

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:56 pm

What I wanted to say without sounding defensive was that any perceived indiscretion was concentrated to 2 figures and not the board in general which contributed to the warning being a surprise. 8) NEVER MIND. Moving on.

Richard66

Post by Richard66 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:27 pm

Ha! I see others agree with me about "Thin ice" Republique!

The name brings me memories of my time in Paris.... Place de la Republique... So romantic! :D Maybe these memoriescolour my judgement somewhat, but, anyway...

Her policy seems to be to shout as loud as possible, accuse others of having no arguments, disgrees with lawyers (not with me, with member Prawo) on legal points.

I suppose she is one of those who enjoys exasperating others. Would it not be better for all of us if she (or he) were banned? I vote for it!

shandave2001

Post by shandave2001 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:55 pm

Let the thin ice melt now. The man seems angry and sad.

ericwilliam
BANNED

Post by ericwilliam » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:24 am

Hello,
I characterize it as inserting remarks into a discussion designed to be denigrating and disparaging of other members, and then using their reaction as justification to derail a topic with a number of rather uncalled-for remarks.