ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

On UK tourist Visa in UK | need Switzerland Visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shinzz
Newly Registered

On UK tourist Visa in UK | need Switzerland Visa

Post by shinzz » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:03 am

Indian Passport, have UK tourist Visa and in UK, can I get Switzerland Tourist visa from UK?

If yes can anyone tell me the process

Many thanks in advance

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:14 am

Information regarding Visa application wrote:# the visa application must be submitted to the Swiss Embassy/Consulate covering your place of residence.
# a visa application not submitted to the Swiss Embassy/Consulate covering your place of residence may be turned down if the reasons for submission to any other Swiss Embassy/Consulate seem unclear.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

shinzz
Newly Registered

Post by shinzz » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:14 am

Thanks for your reply, I think then I have no other option but to send my folks back to India for their Swiss Visa :(

rak3sh
Newly Registered

Post by rak3sh » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:51 pm

unfortunately they cant visit switzerland as their embassy in UK cant issue visas to applicants on a visitors visa to UK. But there are other European countries which issue schengen visas to such applicants. E.g. Belgium and France. The processing time for such applications might be more than normal applications. For more information on the visa processing times for schengen countries, vis anot required countries for indians and requirements check http://www.visas4indians.com

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:26 pm

vinny wrote:
Information regarding Visa application wrote:# the visa application must be submitted to the Swiss Embassy/Consulate covering your place of residence.
# a visa application not submitted to the Swiss Embassy/Consulate covering your place of residence may be turned down if the reasons for submission to any other Swiss Embassy/Consulate seem unclear.
Well, this is just my experience. Mother in Law (Visa National) was visiting last summer (Note that she has travelled extensively) but needed a visa to go to CHF with my wife. I applied for a visa for her (got an invitation from my friend) and submitted bank statements, resident permit copies of passport etc and undertaking to sort out her expenses whilst there.
The visa was issued within 3 days but then they endorse her passport to say that, any future Swiss visa's should be obtained from country of origin as per Vinny's post. I guess it was down to her age (65 years and because we were accompanying her).

You can try but no guarantees mate!
Praise The Lord!!!!