ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online FLR(m) and Sopra Steria help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rotoworld
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Online FLR(m) and Sopra Steria help

Post by Rotoworld » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:35 am

Hello, I’m a bit confused and conern about my Husband settlement visa extension. The first time we apply outside the U.K. it was by postal. This time the extension is all online.

I have submitted the application online and booked an appointment at a Sopra Steria centre. I am uploading documents to the UKVCAS website.

My worry is there is no note of having to post or send any documents. How can they issue a visa if they don’t have a passport to put it in? I know it gets scanned but should we also be posting some items to the home office?

Will they give us information at Sopra after the appointment?

Thank you so much for any information.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Online FLR(m) and Sopra Steria help

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:54 pm

No need to post anything, the visa is no longer a sticker in a passport. It is issued as a biometric residence card.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rotoworld
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Rotoworld » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:14 pm

Thanks you very much.

I also fear I may have made a mistake. I submitted the online application then booked an appointment. I read some users who book the biometrics first. I never saw this as a chance. It didn’t mention the appointment until after submission.

I can’t make this with 15 days. There are no appointments that soon. Mine is 23 days after submission.

My online form stated I have until 23 June 2019 to book biometric?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:18 pm

Date of application is the date of online submission and payment.

You cannot book an appointment first before applying online. Not sure which posts you are referring to or how old they are where appointments were booked first. The whole system changed in November 2018.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rotoworld
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Rotoworld » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:47 pm

Sorry I meant my biometrics appointment. My biometrics appointment is more than 15 days after my application submission and payment date.

Rotoworld
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Rotoworld » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:33 pm

Maybe I’m worrying for no reason. This part of the guidance was what concerned me:

You must submit your documents within 10 working days of submitting your online application. If you do not do this, your application may be rejected.

Once I finished the online form, it was submitted. I was then asked to complete further actions. One of those was to book biometrics.

I can’t possibly submit documents when my appointment for biometrics isn’t until a few weeks.

:(

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:47 pm

Rotoworld wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:33 pm
Maybe I’m worrying for no reason. This part of the guidance was what concerned me:

You must submit your documents within 10 working days of submitting your online application. If you do not do this, your application may be rejected.

Once I finished the online form, it was submitted. I was then asked to complete further actions. One of those was to book biometrics.

I can’t possibly submit documents when my appointment for biometrics isn’t until a few weeks.

:(
Maybe paying little extra fee for getting earlier appointment is more wise.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:58 pm

Rotoworld wrote:
You need to upload your documents online prior to the biometrics appointment, unless you pay extra for the documents to be scanned at this appointment.

My wife’s appointment was 12 days after the online application was submitted. There were appointments available within a few days however they attracted a few and we wanted a free appointment so waited almost two weeks.

At the biometric appointment your photo and fingerprints are taken and you can also confirm all document have been already uploaded. If you’re unsure if a particular document was uploaded, you can ask them to check at the above appointment.

At the above appointment the application is actually ‘submitted’ and there’s no going back. Although as previously advised, the date you complete online application is treated as the application date and all documents need to be prior to this date and no older than 28 days certainly for financial documents

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:00 pm

Rotoworld wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:14 pm
My online form stated I have until 23 June 2019 to book biometric?
Yes, they have a big window to book the appointment and will remind you if you haven’t booked one after a number of weeks.

However most people will book an appointment as soon as possible to not unnecessarily delay.

Rotoworld
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Rotoworld » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:57 pm

I think the big window is needed. If I could’ve paid I would. There were no appointments of any level until middle of May. We checked four centres within 50 miles. Not a single one. I booked the soonest I could.

Thanks for sharing.

Rotoworld
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Rotoworld » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:37 pm

ariamus wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:58 pm
Rotoworld wrote:
You need to upload your documents online prior to the biometrics appointment, unless you pay extra for the documents to be scanned at this appointment.

My wife’s appointment was 12 days after the online application was submitted. There were appointments available within a few days however they attracted a few and we wanted a free appointment so waited almost two weeks.

At the biometric appointment your photo and fingerprints are taken and you can also confirm all document have been already uploaded. If you’re unsure if a particular document was uploaded, you can ask them to check at the above appointment.

At the above appointment the application is actually ‘submitted’ and there’s no going back. Although as previously advised, the date you complete online application is treated as the application date and all documents need to be prior to this date and no older than 28 days certainly for financial documents
Ariamus as you have gone through this I am OK waiting for my biometrics appointment aren’t I. I shouldn’t be cancelling and trying to get something quicker (even though there isn’t any). Yours was 12 days, so the 10 day rule in guidance isn’t accurate. Plus my application form wouldn’t state June if it was 10/15 days would it?

sorry I just have a spouse who reads too many horror stories.

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:32 pm

Rotoworld wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:37 pm

Ariamus as you have gone through this I am OK waiting for my biometrics appointment aren’t I. Yes

I shouldn’t be cancelling and trying to get something quicker (even though there isn’t any). No

Yours was 12 days, so the 10 day rule in guidance isn’t accurate. Plus my application form wouldn’t state June if it was 10/15 days would it? Correct

sorry I just have a spouse who reads too many horror stories.
The rules change often and sometimes the guidance may not be correct, as annoying as that can be. Just be patient and wait for the selected appointment.