ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Tier 2 queries help please

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nd21
Newly Registered
India

ILR Tier 2 queries help please

Post by nd21 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:10 pm

Hi All,

I am applying for my tier -2 ILR based on last 5 years ( visa valid from: 18 May 2014 , entered UK on 01.June 2014)

Applying based on visa valid from i.e. 18 May 2014 , am i correct in counting period from 18 may 2014? and eligible 28 days before this date ?

there is another query i have regarding question on Set O form:

Have you previously lived in a country outside the uk including your country of birth?

I have selected yes but my query is i was in uk on WHM visa from 2010 to 2012 and i went back to india in 2012 and came back in 2014.

shall i mention countries lived outside as from birth to 2010 and then add another entry for india again for 2012 to 2014 ?

Can someone please help with these queries.

Thanks,

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR Tier 2 queries help please

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:24 pm

nd21 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:10 pm
Hi All,

I am applying for my tier -2 ILR based on last 5 years ( visa valid from: 18 May 2014 , entered UK on 01.June 2014)

Applying based on visa valid from i.e. 18 May 2014 , am i correct in counting period from 18 may 2014? and eligible 28 days before this date ?

there is another query i have regarding question on Set O form:

Have you previously lived in a country outside the uk including your country of birth?

I have selected yes but my query is i was in uk on WHM visa from 2010 to 2012 and i went back to india in 2012 and came back in 2014.

shall i mention countries lived outside as from birth to 2010 and then add another entry for india again for 2012 to 2014 ?

Can someone please help with these queries.

Thanks,
1) Yes
2) Yes
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

nd21
Newly Registered
India

Post by nd21 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:29 pm

Thanks for quick reply

when counting from 18 may 2014, i am eligible today to submit my application correct?

one more query , in form it says have you ever been refused uk visa?

i have got one refusal in 2008 for Working holiday maker visa and it got cleared in appeal as they didnt checked bank statements, shall i mention this by selecting option Yes for have you ever been refused uk visa?

Many Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:02 pm

nd21 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:29 pm
Thanks for quick reply

when counting from 18 may 2014, i am eligible today to submit my application correct?

one more query , in form it says have you ever been refused uk visa?

i have got one refusal in 2008 for Working holiday maker visa and it got cleared in appeal as they didnt checked bank statements, shall i mention this by selecting option Yes for have you ever been refused uk visa?

Many Thanks
1) Yes but I will still give it another day why just on the borderline.
2) Yes mention it
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

nd21
Newly Registered
India

Post by nd21 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:01 am

Thanks for your help.

another query , my visa valid from date is 18/05/2014 and I entered uk on 01/06/2014

do I have to add these days as absences from UK on set O form?

Period between the issue of entry clearance (18/05/2014) and entering the UK (01/06/2014)

or I don't need to mention this on form and mention other absences from 01/06/2014 till now?

Which countries did you visit or travel through when absent from the UK and Crown Dependencies?
When did you leave the UK and Crown Dependencies?
When did you return to the UK and Crown Dependencies?
What was the reason for this time spent outside the UK and Crown Dependencies?

Thanks

nd21
Newly Registered
India

Post by nd21 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:22 am

any input please?

nd21
Newly Registered
India

Post by nd21 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:53 am

nd21 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:01 am
Thanks for your help.

another query , my visa valid from date is 18/05/2014 and I entered uk on 01/06/2014

do I have to add these days as absences from UK on set O form?

Period between the issue of entry clearance (18/05/2014) and entering the UK (01/06/2014)

or I don't need to mention this on form and mention other absences from 01/06/2014 till now?

Which countries did you visit or travel through when absent from the UK and Crown Dependencies?
When did you leave the UK and Crown Dependencies?
When did you return to the UK and Crown Dependencies?
What was the reason for this time spent outside the UK and Crown Dependencies?

Thanks

any input experts please?

also when I am trying to submit my application , it is showing me error that tick all the boxes that you will provide these documents

but I don't have

NARIC letter that confirms the qualification meets or exceeds the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Masters degree or PhD in the UK AND confirm the level of English to which the degree was taught or researched

Is this mandatory? I have ticked for English language test as I passed that.

Thanks
Navneet

nd21
Newly Registered
India

Post by nd21 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:12 pm

Hello experts,

can you please help me on this?

NARIC letter that confirms the qualification meets or exceeds the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Masters degree or PhD in the UK AND confirm the level of English to which the degree was taught or researched

do I need to have NARIC letter as when I am filling Set O Form and selecting documents check boxes , it shows me below error : as I don't have NARIC letter.

Review your answers:
• tick all the boxes to agree that you will provide these documents

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:48 pm

nd21 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:12 pm
Hello experts,

can you please help me on this?

do I need to have NARIC letter as when I am filling Set O Form and selecting documents check boxes , it shows me below error : as I don't have NARIC letter.

Review your answers:
• tick all the boxes to agree that you will provide these documents
How are you fulfilling the English Requirement? You need to choose the correct option in the initial question in the form otherwise the checklist will by default show options you already have selected while answering the original question. You have to tick only the options which are relevant to you answering the original question.