ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NARIC letter or B1 test certificate or both?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

NARIC letter or B1 test certificate or both?

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:48 pm

Hi

While filling in new online set(o) form for ILR under tier 2 (general) route, when it comes to English language,

1st question is: Do you have a degree that was taught in English?
Answer: YES
(as this was used at the time of first tier 2 general visa back in Jan 2014)

2nd question is: Country your degree was taught in.
Answer: INDIA

3rd question is: Does your degree meet the English language requirement for this visa?
Answer: NO
(as I want to provide B1 gese grade 5 certificate from Trinity)

then I am asked the following questions;

Have you passed an approved English language test?
Did the test assess your speaking and listening skills at a level equivalent to CEFR B1 or higher?
How did you get your result?
Answer: Certificate

Finally it gives me list of documents to be submitted which includes the following:

1. The language test certificate for <name> to prove the level of English language required

AND

2. NARIC letter that confirms the qualification meets or exceeds the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Masters degree or PhD in the UK AND confirm the level of English to which the degree was taught or researched

I am bit confused. Why am I being asked to provide both 1 & 2? Shouldn't it only be English language certificate (1)?

I understand since I have said YES to 1st question of degree section (Do you have a degree that was taught in English?), it might be asking to provide NARIC letter also. But why should it ask to provide NARIC letter when I am finally not using this route for English language requirement, but using the other route?

I think I should not say NO to 'Do you have a degree that was taught in English'. As this might falsify the data? Although now I do not want to use this route for English language as getting B1 certificate is far easier option.

Please help.

Regards
Rahul

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Re: NARIC letter or B1 test certificate or both?

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Dear board,

please can someone respond to this query?

Thanks
R

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:34 am

It’s probably a bug in the website. There’s no harm in submitting double evidence.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rr6699
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rr6699 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:55 am

This helps me in upcoming months.

If both evidences required, shall we have to provide UK NARIC statement of comparability or any other service in NARIC ? for qualification purpose, please advise

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:21 pm

B1 test certificate should be sufficient to satisfy the English B1 requirements.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:07 pm

vinny wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:34 am
It’s probably a bug in the website. There’s no harm in submitting double evidence.
Hi Vinny,

Thanks for your reply.

There is no harm in providing 2 evidences if those were already handy. I do not have the NARIC certificate yet, and getting it does involve some paper work and money - the hassle which I am trying to avoid - hence, the B1 ceritificate route instead.

Is it fine to say NO to 1st question 'degree taught in English', and avoid NARIC route altogether, even if the degree was used for initial tier 2 (general) visa stamping?

Thanks
R

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:23 pm

Yes it is fine. You can submit EITHER the degree and NARIC or B1 test. It is your choice!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rr6699
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rr6699 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:14 am

Hi Rahul,
I am in similar position so verified KoLL guidance and in page 15 and 16, it was mentioned as below under 'Evidence from NARIC'

However, you do not need to see additional confirmation from NARIC where the:
• Home Office have previously accepted a degree qualification as meeting the requirements for an earlier application, and leave was granted

By following answers in your initial post, I don't think NARIC certificate under mandatory docs, so providing B1 certificate along with Degree certificate should be fine in my opinion as per above point

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:01 pm

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Thanks
R

nd21
Newly Registered
India

Post by nd21 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:17 pm

rahuldwh2000 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:07 pm
vinny wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:34 am
Hi Vinny,

Thanks for your reply.

There is no harm in providing 2 evidences if those were already handy. I do not have the NARIC certificate yet, and getting it does involve some paper work and money - the hassle which I am trying to avoid - hence, the B1 ceritificate route instead.

Hi experts

I am in same situation as if I select degree in English as yes and from India it is asking me to tick naric certificate

But I want to use b1 test certificate

Is it ok to select no to do you have degree taught in English and then submit my b1 certificate for tier 2 ilr

Is it fine to say NO to 1st question 'degree taught in English', and avoid NARIC route altogether, even if the degree was used for initial tier 2 (general) visa stamping?

neehar0525
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by neehar0525 » Tue May 07, 2019 10:04 pm

Hi,

Is there any update on this? I am in the same situation - Appreciate any help or assistance.

Thanks