ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT: Forgot to include expired passport

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

d123
Newly Registered
Canada

URGENT: Forgot to include expired passport

Post by d123 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:33 pm

I had my VFS appointment earlier this week and handed in all my supporting documents but didn't include my expired passports (I have 2 expired passports). On my application, I included a pretty intensive overview of my travel history though.

Will this be a problem? If so, will they request for a scan of my passport to be sent or just reject my application? If my application is rejected, what happens next - how can I apply again?

Thank you!

discorabbit01
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Re: URGENT: Forgot to include expired passport

Post by discorabbit01 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:16 am

I also applied recently and brought my expired passport with me, but I was told they actually don't accept expired passports for visa applications, according to the person who processed my application. I asked about 3 times (to make sure) as I stated I would include it in my application, but she told me the UK office has advised to not accept expired passports. My travel history is well documented in my application as well as my passport numbers, and if they do require it, they will likely reach out for me to send it over. hopefully all works out!

d123
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by d123 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:56 am

Thanks for your reply - so frustrating when the website says one thing (ie. bring your expired passport) and the VFS agent says another. I'm working with a solicitor too and they never mentioned for me to bring my old passports. My only concern is that my old UK visa and pretty much all my travel history is in my old passport since I just renewed my passport. Hopefully it's not too much of an issue and the just request for documentation if they need it rather than rejecting me.

Did you application go through ok? :)

hustlerr
Newly Registered
India

Post by hustlerr » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:33 am

Were you submitting an app for an ILR or a new Tier 2 via VFS?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:39 am

hustlerr wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:33 am
Were you submitting an app for an ILR or a new Tier 2 via VFS?
Clearly an application outside the UK through VFS and not ILR. VFS doesn't facilitate the visa and ILR applications within the UK!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hustlerr
Newly Registered
India

Post by hustlerr » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:47 am

Thanks CROO1, appreciate your inputs.

I am planning a Tier 2 change of employer within the UK in the next few months and would apply for an ILR next year.

I lost my expired passport recently and was wondering if that may have any impact on my new Tier 2 app this year and ILR next year?

I have the scan copies of the expired passport.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:26 am

hustlerr wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:47 am
Thanks CROO1, appreciate your inputs.

I am planning a Tier 2 change of employer within the UK in the next few months and would apply for an ILR next year.

I lost my expired passport recently and was wondering if that may have any impact on my new Tier 2 app this year and ILR next year?

I have the scan copies of the expired passport.

Thanks.
Please ask your questions in your own topic rather than tagging onto another users thread who is applying for ENTRY clearance. It is unfair to the Original Poster and creates confusion when members respond.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hustlerr
Newly Registered
India

Post by hustlerr » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:27 am

Sorry about that!

I will create a new thread for my query.

discorabbit01
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Post by discorabbit01 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:47 pm

d123 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:56 am
Thanks for your reply - so frustrating when the website says one thing (ie. bring your expired passport) and the VFS agent says another. I'm working with a solicitor too and they never mentioned for me to bring my old passports. My only concern is that my old UK visa and pretty much all my travel history is in my old passport since I just renewed my passport. Hopefully it's not too much of an issue and the just request for documentation if they need it rather than rejecting me.

Did you application go through ok? :)
only submitted last week. i tried looking online for the expired passport document mention you said on the website but couldn't find it. do you have a reference?

any update with your application?

d123
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by d123 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:21 pm

The link is here: https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/docum ... st-provide

Not sure why they haven’t updated it if they apparently don’t accept expired passports anymore?

No update on my application yet - I applied last week too and hoping for an update this week. Was yours priority?

discorabbit01
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Post by discorabbit01 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:52 pm

Thanks for sharing the link.

Hmmm. It does state it's for travel history "if you need them". My travel history was outlined in the application and in an extra document that was prepared for me. I'd assume if they required it, since I had it there, they would have taken it. I guess if they need it I will just send it over or send scans.

Yes, mine was priority and they have received it.

ricardoguerrero
Newly Registered
Chile

Post by ricardoguerrero » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:39 pm

Hi,

I submit my application yesterday and also forgot to include my expire passport with the previous visa. Did you get the acceptance/refusal or did they ask for the old passport?

Thanks!

lokeshrao
Newly Registered
India

Post by lokeshrao » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:00 am

Hi

I also went through the same thing. VFS did not take old passport. Any updates on your cases please?

thanks

bganuk
United Kingdom

Post by bganuk » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:09 am

lokeshrao wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:00 am
Hi

I also went through the same thing. VFS did not take old passport. Any updates on your cases please?

thanks
Same here ... Have you received your passport back?

I scanned and uploaded my expired passport, but did not give the original one.

Thanks

Source82
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Source82 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:50 am

Hi

I also forgot to include my old passport last week.

Please any update? what should I do? Am switching from Tier 2 to Tier 1.

The guy at sopra steria didn't ask for it to get scanned. Although i have uploaded the front page of the old passport. I just realised the case worker may need to see other pages of the old passport.

Experts your feedback will be most appreciated.

Thanks

nagihan
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by nagihan » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:53 am

The ones who have been through this process, can you please post an update? I applied for a Tier 2 visa. Even though I listed extensive previous travel history in the application, I forgot to upload my expired passports. Is that a reason for rejection?
Thanks,