ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marraige certificate for Tier1?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

naveenhi
Newly Registered

Marraige certificate for Tier1?

Post by naveenhi » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:48 am

Hi all,
As part of extending my HSMP visa, applied for Tier1 on 17/06 and my wife as depandant to me.She is in UK as depandant to me on my HSMP.
I got reference from HO on 21/06.
However,I have not included our marriage certificate with my application and one of my friend suggested to send the marraige certificate.
I had an argument that it doesnt state anywhere to include marriage certificate if applying for depandants.
Can you please suggest if we need to include marriage certificate when including wife as depandant.I have submitted this when she first got entry clearance as HSMP Depandant from India.But for Tier 1, I am not sure now and confused.
If we need to, can I submit the marraige certificate now stating my reference number on the covering letter?
Any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks,

ABPI
Newly Registered

Post by ABPI » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:25 pm

Hi naveenhi

No need to send marriage certs for wives and birth certs for children when applying for extension if their passports already contain dependant visas.

There isn't any written guidance that I am aware of. This is what some of my friends did when they applied for an extension. I have done the same (application still at the HO).

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:37 pm

Please read this and refrain from making duplicate posts in future.

Since your wife is already on a dependent visa, don't see a reason why HO should require evidence again now to confirm that she is your legally married partner (spouse).

Unless the form / guidance specifically asks you to do so. Does it?

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

gautamdheeraj
Newly Registered

Post by gautamdheeraj » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:02 pm

Hello,

I am not sure about the extensions applications. But I have read in VAF9B guidance notes that we need to attach documentary evidence. Read section 2.5 of Guidance Notes.

- Dheeraj

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:09 pm

Since EC is the first application by a dependent to enable him to enter and live in UK, one has to prove marital status / civil partnership. But the question in this case is whether you need to provide evidence yet again to prove a relationship that has already been verified in the past.

And VAF has nothing to do with applications from within UK.

Get the point? :wink:

regards
gautamdheeraj wrote:Hello,

I am not sure about the extensions applications. But I have read in VAF9B guidance notes that we need to attach documentary evidence. Read section 2.5 of Guidance Notes.

- Dheeraj
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

naveenhi
Newly Registered

Post by naveenhi » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:55 pm

Hi all,
Thankyou for your valuable responses.I called HO twice today to discuss the same and they said..even though my wife is in UK as Depandant, I still need to send the marriage certificate as proof of relation.:!:
I posted it today and should reach them tomorrow.Will keep udated once I hear anything from them.
Cheers,
Naveen.

ABPI
Newly Registered

Post by ABPI » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:50 pm

This is really strange ![img] :twisted:

I double checked the Tier 1 extension guidelines for the main applicant and also for the dependants, can't find this info in there......

Surely people at the HO keep on changing their criteria!

Anyways, since it was never mentioned, I did not send.

Let them do some work and locate documents related to my wife's initial application. If they do decide to reject my appllication simply on this basis, by GOD they will then have a to do a lot of explaining in front of an immigration judge. [/img] :twisted:

naveenhi
Newly Registered

Post by naveenhi » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:38 pm

Hi ABPI,
I am not convenced as well that we need to send the marriage certificate as it was not mentioned anywhere...As I cant take the risk coz of other things like my travel to India in Aug, sent it by post again...But am sure you will be fine without it aswell...