ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born in India to British mother and Indian father

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NP0020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Child born in India to British mother and Indian father

Post by NP0020 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:12 pm

Hi,

I'm British citizen who has an Indian husband and a child born in India. I have been living in India since a few years and now I've moved back to the UK. I'm trying to gauge the fastest method to get my family to join me in the UK.

I've done a lot of digging and scouting around for information and basis that, below are my findings with some questions if someone could please help out:

Visa for Child: (Currently holds Indian passport obtained as the father is Indian)
Option 1: RoA-CoE - apply in India
----> Is there a fast-track option for this at VFS? I understand the current turnaround times for RoA are anything between 2-6 months!

Option 2: British Passport - apply in India
---> Cn take 6-12 months. Hence, clearly not the quickest. (Have also checked there is no Fast track option for this outside of the UK)

Option 3: Tourist visa.. followed by British passport when the child is in the UK
---> Is this a possibility at all? This seems like the quickest method.

Option 4: British passport application in the UK by me (mother) as I already reside there, whilst the child remains in India
----> Is it a viable option? Whilst the child still remains in India, can I apply for his British passport in the UK? Does the child need to be taken in person for getting a passport?

Visa for Husband: (Currently Indian citizen)
Option 1: Family / spouse visa (on fast track through VFS which can be turned around in 30 days according to VFS Mumbai)

Any other better options?

I'd be grateful if someone can confirm the quickest way of getting a visa for my family to join me in the UK. I'm currently in India for Easter and am hoping to apply for the visas hence truly appreciate a swift response.

Many thanks!

NP0020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Child born in India to British mother and Indian father

Post by NP0020 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:29 pm

Hi,

Any response to my query would be much appreciated.

I have figured out that below are the only quick options I have:

For child: CoE-RoA

For husband: Spouse visa.

For the spouse visa, I’m again caught up in a tricky situation.. I’ve only recently moved back to the UK in a self-employed job, after living in India for 3 ish years. I do not have last 12 months UK payslips; I have UK bank statements but they i not have a consistent savings of £16000.
And I do not have cash savings if £65K in the UK either.
How can I prove my financial stability? Factually, this won’t be a problem at all since I have a good job now but proving is challenging.

Please can someone advise?

Many thanks.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:41 pm

NP0020 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:29 pm
Hi,

Any response to my query would be much appreciated.

I have figured out that below are the only quick options I have:

For child: CoE-RoA

For husband: Spouse visa.

For the spouse visa, I’m again caught up in a tricky situation.. I’ve only recently moved back to the UK in a self-employed job, after living in India for 3 ish years. I do not have last 12 months UK payslips; I have UK bank statements but they i not have a consistent savings of £16000.
And I do not have cash savings if £65K in the UK either.
How can I prove my financial stability? Factually, this won’t be a problem at all since I have a good job now but proving is challenging.

Please can someone advise?

Many thanks.
As you've discovered, you have to meet the specific requirements for a spouse visa. There isn't a way around them. They have hit returning Brits and their families the hardest since being introduced in 2012.

Do you have the required savings (£62500 equivalent) anywhere - you only mentioned not in the UK? These can be in your name, your spouse's name or a combo of your names.

The self-employment requirements are VERY particular. Have you been through Appendix FM to see what documentation is required for your specific set of circumstances?

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ext_1_.pdf

NP0020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by NP0020 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:03 pm

Hi physicskate,

Thanks very much for your response.
It’s insigtfuk to know they’re hitting returning Brits the hardest.

Yes I do have savings of £62500 equivalent outside of the UK. Do you think this would be good enough to back my financials?

Thanks for the link - I have checked the document requirement for self-employment. Since I’ve only recently started a new job, I obv don’t meet the requirement of showing my limited company's Self-assessment or tax returns for the last one year and that’s exactly my problem.
However I can show a good amount of savings more than £62K albeit not in GBP.

Please can you advise if this would work?

And since there’s also a small child in the picture, I thought they’d find it hard to refuse my husband’s visa.. or am I mistaken?

Many thanks.

NP0020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by NP0020 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:05 pm

Typo - *insightful

Jhelumi
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jhelumi » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:40 am

NP0020 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:03 pm
Hi physicskate,

Thanks very much for your response.
It’s insigtfuk to know they’re hitting returning Brits the hardest.

Yes I do have savings of £62500 equivalent outside of the UK. Do you think this would be good enough to back my financials?

Thanks for the link - I have checked the document requirement for self-employment. Since I’ve only recently started a new job, I obv don’t meet the requirement of showing my limited company's Self-assessment or tax returns for the last one year and that’s exactly my problem.
However I can show a good amount of savings more than £62K albeit not in GBP.

Please can you advise if this would work?

And since there’s also a small child in the picture, I thought they’d find it hard to refuse my husband’s visa.. or am I mistaken?

Many thanks.
Hello,

Yes £62,500 savings in your, your husband's or in joint account with your husband, as pointed out above by another member is fine as long as that amount has been in the accoutnt for at least 6 months without dropping below £62,500.

You're not expected to hold your savings in pounds abroad. There's a document that shows which website Home Office uses for currency exchange purposes in this matter.