ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Education Qualification - Question

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SudhaS
Newly Registered

Education Qualification - Question

Post by SudhaS » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:51 pm

Hi
I need an advise regarding my qualification proofs. I have a 4 years engineering degree which is recoginsed by Self assessment tool as well.
I have the degree certificate and marksheets for all 8 semesters.
My problem is that I had cleared my first 2 semesters in the 2nd year. I flunked in 1 paper in each semesters at that time. So my 2 marksheets carry the month/year of 2nd year. Which means my 1st and 2nd semester marksheets are having the same 2nd years month and year.

On my degree certficate also they have not mentioned the starting year. Its just the month and year of passing the final exams.

Could it be a problem for showing the proof as a 4 year degree program although it is recognised in self assessment tool. My roll number also starts with the first year of degree. e.g. 990001

Please advise friends :(

Regards,
Sudhas

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: Education Qualification - Question

Post by gotcha » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:56 pm

SudhaS wrote:Hi
I need an advise regarding my qualification proofs. I have a 4 years engineering degree which is recoginsed by Self assessment tool as well.
I have the degree certificate and marksheets for all 8 semesters.
My problem is that I had cleared my first 2 semesters in the 2nd year. I flunked in 1 paper in each semesters at that time. So my 2 marksheets carry the month/year of 2nd year. Which means my 1st and 2nd semester marksheets are having the same 2nd years month and year.

On my degree certficate also they have not mentioned the starting year. Its just the month and year of passing the final exams.

Could it be a problem for showing the proof as a 4 year degree program although it is recognised in self assessment tool. My roll number also starts with the first year of degree. e.g. 990001

Please advise friends :(

Regards,
Sudhas
Why did you needed marksheets, if you have degree certificate ?

And it does not matter, how many times you have appeared for particular subject.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:04 pm

AFAIK, it doesn't say anywhere that you have to submit your marksheets along with the Tier 1 application if you've been awarded a degree. All you need is a degree certificate as evidence of either qualifications or english language, or both.

I do realize that many applicants have done so in the past and some/most of them might recommend you to follow suit, but my question is - does it (sending marksheets) serve any tangible purpose unless the policy guidance asks for marksheets (specifically) as documentary evidence for something?

IMHO, there is no reason for you to worry. And even if you decide to include the marksheets in your application, there is no rule which says that an applicant shouldn't have failed any subject during the course of his education :wink: .

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!