ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP (REV) FORM

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

HSMP (REV) FORM

Post by iyanu » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:33 am

Can somebody help me with the Place to get the HSMP (Rev) form?

mbg

Post by mbg » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:10 pm

Iyanu,
About 2 weeks ago I sent a mail to the HSMP team asking for the "HSMP Rev Form", which is mentioned in the guidance, and here is their answer:

Dear Applicant,

There is no form to ask for a review, to request a review please send a fax
or letter stating your case to the address below.

Kind Regards,
>
> Highly Skilled Migrant Programme
> PO Box 3468
> Sheffield
S3 8WA
United Kingdom

Tel: 0114 259 1894
Fax: 0114 259 3827

hsmphopeful

Post by hsmphopeful » Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:38 pm

This is true - there is no such form. I just wrote them a 2-page letter saying why I think the original decision was wrong and got approved in a month's time.

technician

Post by technician » Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:14 am

Hi Hsmphopeful,

Can you plaese state what logical reason did you provide in your review request?? Which converted rejection into approval.

Did you supply more documents along with review or you simply sent the letter only.

Please provide details this would help a lot many Hsmp hopefuls like you.

Regards,

TECH
Team work- Nurturing Talents

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:24 am

Thanks for your reponses MBG and HSMPHopeful.

Moreover, could you provide more information about how you turn your rejection to approval by just writing the HO some lines of letters.

We want to know how you did this or how you come about this line of action. What kind of rejection you received, something like that.

Please repond and God bless you.

Iyanu.

hsmphopeful

Post by hsmphopeful » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:50 am

Yes, you just write them and ask to re-consider your application drawing attention to facts, not your feelings/thoughts/wishes/etc. For a review you cannot provide any more documents - you have to base your review request only on documents they have. In my case they overlooked some information already contained in the documents I have provided regarding my work experience. In other words you don't just write and ask "please review my application again" but you also say" because ... ... ... ...".

In all fairness I'd recommend if you are seeking an appeal consult an immigration advisor, and of course don't expect all reviews to be successful - the onus is on you to prove that you satisfy the requirements, not on the HO to prove that you don't. That is the essence of all immigration rules - it is not a right but a privilege.

For those who fail I'd say take your time, obtain more qualifications, work experfience, improve your english, succeed in your chosen specialty and make a new application - and you will succeed.

sergio39

Post by sergio39 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:33 pm

Dear reviewers!

1. Fax or email?
2. How they will reconsider my application if all the supplied documentation and originals has been sent back to my address along with the refusal letter?
Should I send something in addition to my review request?

Thanks for Your replies.

hsmphopeful

Post by hsmphopeful » Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:40 pm

Regular mail, pref. registered or courier.
They keep copies of all documents.