ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Change of employer - missing to submit old passport

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

blender
Newly Registered
Morocco

Tier 2 Change of employer - missing to submit old passport

Post by blender » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:47 pm

Hi,

Today I had an appointment at Sopra to give my biometric data for Tier 2 change of employer, they also scanned my current passport.

My future employer is using the services of one of those big audit companies to help me with the visa. It was that third party company that submitted my documents online. Unfortunately the service was so bad and the guy I was dealing with made many mistakes and I had to keep correcting him.

My current tier 2 visa is in the old passport (I don't have a brp). The problem is that I just noticed that the only page that got submitted from the old passport is the visa page. In the document checklist they said the following "If you have received a new passport since your last leave to remain application, and your visa is in your old passport, you must include both passports.".

Is missing to submit the old passport will cause any problem?

Thanks

blender
Newly Registered
Morocco

Re: Tier 2 Change of employer - missing to submit old passport

Post by blender » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:06 pm

My visa got approved today, so not submitting the whole pages of the old passport wasn't a problem but I think for the peace of mind it's better to upload all the pages with important information (this is how I always did it when submitting for a visa).

d123
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: Tier 2 Change of employer - missing to submit old passport

Post by d123 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:42 pm

blender wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:06 pm
My visa got approved today, so not submitting the whole pages of the old passport wasn't a problem but I think for the peace of mind it's better to upload all the pages with important information (this is how I always did it when submitting for a visa).
hey - i'm having the same issue but i didn't even include a photocopy of my old visa... my expired passport contains my old visa but i did give details of the visa type and valid dates - do you think this is enough? i'm really not sure!