ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SPOUSE VISA EXTENSION

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dulce
Newly Registered

Financial Documents ** Please help

Post by Dulce » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:04 am

Hi,

This website is very much helpful. I really appreciate people taking time to help others.

My visa is going to expire next week. I will need to submit my online application by the end of this week.

1) I am employed in UK from May 2017 until 8 th April 2019.
May 2017 - Oct 2018 - Employer1 - have all the payslips and P60.
Nov 2018 - April 8 th 2019 - Employer2 - still awaiting payslips and P45.
Now, I have requested my Employer2 for the payslips and P45 but there is no response. As I am not working
there anymore, I do not have access to the portal where I can access my payslips. But, I have my bank
statements showing that I got paid from Employer2 from Nov 2018. My question is: what can I do if I don't get
payslips and P45 from this employer where Home Office will definitely ask for this documents.

2) On the other hand, I thought I could use my husband's financials for the visa application. His payroll got changed and his income was also increased from past 4 months.
He has payslips for the past 4 months. But the Home Office would require 6 months payslips.
He tried to ring his accountant but sadly he is on holidays and therefore it is difficult to get the other 2 months of payslips.
But, we will meet the income threshold of 18,600 GBP with his last 4 months payslips for sure. Can we submit this 4 months of payslips which will meet the required income threshold?

This is a tricky situation where we both are in a good position and earning more than enough money. Due to unforseen situations, this made it more difficult.

Please suggest.

Many thanks in advance

Sumit_sam
BANNED
India

Re: Financial Documents ** Please help

Post by Sumit_sam » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:43 am

Dulce wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:04 am
Hi,

This website is very much helpful. I really appreciate people taking time to help others.

My visa is going to expire next week. I will need to submit my online application by the end of this week.

1) I am employed in UK from May 2017 until 8 th April 2019.
May 2017 - Oct 2018 - Employer1 - have all the payslips and P60.
Nov 2018 - April 8 th 2019 - Employer2 - still awaiting payslips and P45.
Now, I have requested my Employer2 for the payslips and P45 but there is no response. As I am not working
there anymore, I do not have access to the portal where I can access my payslips. But, I have my bank
statements showing that I got paid from Employer2 from Nov 2018. My question is: what can I do if I don't get
payslips and P45 from this employer where Home Office will definitely ask for this documents.

2) On the other hand, I thought I could use my husband's financials for the visa application. His payroll got changed and his income was also increased from past 4 months.
He has payslips for the past 4 months. But the Home Office would require 6 months payslips.
He tried to ring his accountant but sadly he is on holidays and therefore it is difficult to get the other 2 months of payslips.
But, we will meet the income threshold of 18,600 GBP with his last 4 months payslips for sure. Can we submit this 4 months of payslips which will meet the required income threshold?

This is a tricky situation where we both are in a good position and earning more than enough money. Due to unforseen situations, this made it more difficult.

Please suggest.

Many thanks in advance
Hi

It seems you already know answers of most of your queries.

However, to qualify for cat A, the sponsor must provide last 6 months payslip and corresponding last 6 months bank statement these documents cannot be older than 28 days.

THESE ARE VERY CLEAR AND STRICT GUIDLINES FROM HOME OFFICE.

Also, incase you have two jobs in last one year, you must present payslips of both jobs with bank statements.
Basically, the idea is to assess if sponsor is earning stable income and will be able to support his/her dependent without access to public funds.

You must also submit a letter from employer stating designation, length of employment in company and salary before tax, all this has be clearly stated in this letter and from both employers incase of two jobs in last one year.

There is no shortcut to these guidelines and you might not want to give any end open in your case that might cause straight forward rejection from H.O

Thanks.

dulce03
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dulce03 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:50 am

Thanks for the quick response.

I have 2 questions now.

1) can I apply under employment category for me but right now I'm not working. Will soon find a job.

2) can my husband provide SA302 if he doesn't have payslips

Thanks

Sumit_sam
BANNED
India

Post by Sumit_sam » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:41 am

dulce03 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:50 am

I have 2 questions now.

1) can I apply under employment category for me but right now I'm not working. Will soon find a job.

Thanks
1. No.
You must find job for yourself before you apply.....as case officer may contact your employer to confirm your employment status that may lead to immediate rejection. If cannot support yourself and you are not expected to support your spouse dependent.

So you must work and earn payslip and submit.

2 SA302. Never heard of such thing in any case being shared here, check with some immigration solicitor.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:44 am

Sumit_sam wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:41 am
dulce03 wrote:

I have 2 questions now.

Thanks
1. No.
You must find job for yourself before you apply.....as case officer may contact your employer to confirm your employment status that may lead to immediate rejection. If cannot support yourself and you are not expected to support your spouse dependent.

2 SA302. Never heard of such thing in any case being shared here, check with some immigration solicitor.
Thanks
SA302 relates to people who are self employed and file tax returns. Many have submitted these for a spouse visa where self employed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sumit_sam
BANNED
India

Post by Sumit_sam » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:49 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:44 am
Sumit_sam wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:41 am
dulce03 wrote:

I have 2 questions now.

Thanks
1. No.

Thanks
SA302 relates to people who are self employed and file tax returns. Many have submitted these for a spouse visa where self employed.
Hi CR001

Thank you so much for your inputs and for increasing my knowledge regarding SA302.

dulce03
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dulce03 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:14 am

Hi CR001,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

So I can submit SA302 right? Please confirm.

Your help is much appreciated

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:27 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dulce03
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dulce03 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:32 am

Hi CR001,

Just to let you know he got paid through umbrella company until December and then new payroll after December (he has payslips for this)

I have read the above link but I'm bit confused.

So , should I provide documentation as a director of the company before December and 4 months of payslips after that?

It falls under 2 categories now.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, the application was delayed and now I'm very much stressed. It would be a great help.

Many thanks

dulce03
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dulce03 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:02 pm

Hi CR001,

Please ignore the previous question. I'm trying to sort out the payslips. In the worst case, I might use cash savings (in stocks).

Thanks for your help so far

Sumit_sam
BANNED
India

Post by Sumit_sam » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:52 pm

dulce03 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:02 pm
Hi CR001,

Please ignore the previous question. I'm trying to sort out the payslips. In the worst case, I might use cash savings (in stocks).

Thanks for your help so far
Hi Dulce03

First you need to settle down and focus on one thing...and then decide whether go through route of payslips CAT A or to go through SA302 route.

Whichever route you take it must be supported by strong evidence and paperwork, incase evidence are incomplete better to wait and arrange before submitting application.

There will not be any room of loose ends or doubtfullness in any route.

All the best.
Thanks

Dulce
Newly Registered

Post by Dulce » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:06 pm

Thanks for the response. I have been rejected for family visa after marriage(waited for 1.5 years) and it was a nightmare. So, I am very much stressed about this.

Here is the conclusion of what we are thinking to submit.

1) Husband's recent 4 months payslips (as he have no payslips issued before and don't want to generate fake payslips), employment letter with required details mentioned on the website, bank statements for 1 year.

2) My payslips from the previous employer(April 2018-Oct 2018) along with P60.This will meet the income threshold. It is very much annoying that my employer from nov 2018 is not providing payslips. So, even if they don't provide, I still meet the financial requirement with the previous employer.
I will clearly state this in the application (will provide bank statements and job offer letter to confirm this to the home office along with one month payslip that I got initially from nov 2018 employer). Also, I might get a new job confirmed by next week so I can also provide the new contract letter.

Either of the 2 options will definitely cover required threshold income.

Please let me know if this is okay.

PS: I am still trying to get the payslips from the second employer and also trying to get P45/P60 from HMRC to make the evidence strong.

MANY MANY THANKS FOR TAKING TIME TO READ THIS AND EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME SO FAR

Dulce
Newly Registered

Post by Dulce » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:25 am

GOOD NEWS
I am going to get my 2nd job paylsips on Monday. Sorted :)

Just getting a new job and offer letter is pending. Will get that soon too.

Thanks everyone for your help so far.

Sumit_sam
BANNED
India

Post by Sumit_sam » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:24 pm

Dulce wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:25 am
GOOD NEWS
I am going to get my 2nd job paylsips on Monday. Sorted :)

Just getting a new job and offer letter is pending. Will get that soon too.

Thanks everyone for your help so far.
Hi

Its Good for you !!!

Because once you submit papers.... they scrutinize your documents so hard that every word and every alphabet will be scanned for errors.

To some people... It's like an acid test to wait for such a long period , patiently.

All the best
Thanks

Dulce
Newly Registered

Post by Dulce » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:11 pm

Hi Sumit,

Thanks for the response. You are right.

Just a quick question here. I have got a new job starting from May 1st.

Regarding the employment letter,

Do I need the employment letter only for the current employer or for the previous employers where I worked from the past 1 year?

Thanks in advance

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:30 pm

Dulce wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:11 pm
Hi Sumit,

Thanks for the response. You are right.

Just a quick question here. I have got a new job starting from May 1st.

Regarding the employment letter,

Do I need the employment letter only for the current employer or for the previous employers where I worked from the past 1 year?

Thanks in advance
You will have to apply under category B. Although the employer letter from current employer is mandatory but couple of members were asked that from previous employers too. As a precaution get the letter from previous employer too and keep with you until HO ask.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Dulce
Newly Registered

Post by Dulce » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:28 pm

Thanks for the response. I will definitely get it from them then. :)

Dulce
Newly Registered

Post by Dulce » Wed May 01, 2019 8:50 am

Hi all,

Thanks for all your responses so far.

I have finished my application and trying to book an appointment now. There are no slots for atleast 2 weeks and should be paying more money to get an appointment in London. ( I had situation where I had to wait for other documents, so did delay in booking the appointment.)

I have a quick question here.

In the documents section at the end, I should be selecting the list of items to provide.
Mandatory items - checked
Other documents - checked everything except providing a NARIC certificate.

I have got a certificate for the english exam and I am going to submit this rather than NARIC certificate.
But, the system did not allow until I checked NARIC certificate. I had no other option but to check it.

Now, I do not have a NARIC certificate but am providing english exam certificate instead. What can happen?

Will the Home Office delay/refuse as I have checked it and did not provide?

Thanks in advnace

Dulce
Newly Registered

SPOUSE VISA EXTENSION

Post by Dulce » Thu May 02, 2019 4:28 pm

Hi All,

Thanks for all the help I am getting from here.
I have made a checklist. I am going to submit them in person next wednesday.
I will need to upload the documents on UKVCS website 2 days in advance - is it I should upload it by Sunday?

Please suggest if this is okay.

Mandatory Documents

Biometric Residence Permit
Applicant’s passport
Spouse passport

English Language Requirement
English Language Certificate from Trinity College London (CEFR A2.1 Grade 3)

Housing costs
Rental Agreement - issued on 24/05/2018
Council Tax letter - issued on 06/03/2019 --- Is one sufficient?Others mentioned in correspondence?

Correspondence
17/04/2017 - Disclosure Scotland (Sponsor’s name)
16/05/2017 - Water bill (Sponsor’s name)
19/06/2017 - DBS certificate (Sponsor’s name)
01/08/2017 - HMRC letter (Sponsor’s name)
25/08/2017 - Letter from GP (Applicant’s name)
14/11/2017 - TV Licensing renewal notice (Sponsor’s name)
29/11/2017 - DBS certificate (Sponsor’s name)
12/12/2017 - HSBC credit card statement (Applicant’s name)
27/01/2018 - Electricity Bill (Sponsor’s name)
05/03/2018 - Council Tax Letter (Both names)
13/04/2018 - HSBC credit card statement (Applicant’s name)
01/05/2018 - Pre Termination Inspection letter from Landlord for the previous flat (Both names)
16/05/2018 - Water bill (Sponsor’s name)
13/06/2018 - DBS certificate (Sponsor’s name)
22/06/2018 - Council tax letter (Applicant’s name)
Will include Aug 2018 Bank statement to fill the gap for 3 months
26/10/2018 - Civil Services Pension Letter ( Applicant’s name)
02/12/2018 - HMRC letter (Applicant’s name)
17/01/2019 - DBS Letter (Applicant’s name)
21/01/2019 - DBS Letter (Sponsor’s name)
22/02/2019 - Letter from landlord for periodic visit (Both names)
25/04/2019 - Letter from previous landlord with both the names and period of stay in that flat (Both names)
30/04/2019 - Monthly Tenants Liability Insurance Policy Annual Statement (Both names)

Financial requirement (my husband/me alone will meet this on our salary basis, but we have included both anyway)
Applicant’s employment contract
Applicant’s 12 months bank statements
Applicant’s 12 months payslips (different jobs)
Applicant’s P60 (current and previous year’s)
Applicant’s Letter from Employer
Sponsor’s 6 months bank statements
Sponsor’s 5 months payslips (previous payslips not available)
Sponsor’s letter from Employer

Relationship:
Marriage Certificate

Other:
Declaration signed by husband
Consent for the Home Office to verify application information signed by Applicant - not sure what they meant by joint owner and financial sponsor

Other reasons to stay in UK:
Job - Employment
Spouse - marriage certificate
Friends - letter from a friend

Many thanks in advance

Dulce
Newly Registered

Re: SPOUSE VISA EXTENSION

Post by Dulce » Thu May 02, 2019 6:21 pm

Hi all/moderators,

I just want to check if my post is visible as I dont get response for the current and previous post. Can you please confirm.

Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu May 02, 2019 6:59 pm

Don't attach P60 and if you really decided to show both of your income then better to make calculations on combined income. Again check your type of English test & centre on HO list. Also if you have anything in your name between June 2017 to January 2018 then attach it because I think its longer gap.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Dulce
Newly Registered

Post by Dulce » Mon May 06, 2019 9:22 pm

Thank you very much. I have added them This is the new checklist.

Travel/Identity Documents
Biometric Residence Permit of the applicant
Applicant’s passport
Spouse passport

English Language Requirement
English Language Certificate from Trinity College London (CEFR A2.1 Grade 3)

Housing costs
Rental Agreement - issued on 24/05/2018
Council Tax letter - issued on 06/03/2019 - this is in correspondence section
United Utilities bill - this is in correspondence section

Correspondence
06/03/2017 - Council Tax Letter (Both names)
17/04/2017 - Disclosure Scotland (Applicant’s name)
16/05/2017 - United Utilities bill (Sponsor’s name)
7/02/2017 to 6/05/2017 - HSBC Bank statement (Applicant’s name)
19/06/2017 - DBS certificate (Sponsor’s name)
01/08/2017 - HMRC letter (Sponsor’s name)
25/08/2017 - Letter from GP (Applicant’s name)
18/10/2017 to 17/11/2017 - HSBC Bank statement (Applicant’s name)
14/11/2017 - TV Licensing letter (Sponsor’s name)
29/11/2017 - DBS certificate (Sponsor’s name)
12/12/2017 - HSBC credit card statement (Applicant’s name)
27/01/2018 - Electricity Bill (Sponsor’s name)
7/02/2018 to 6/03/2018 - HSBC Bank Statement (Sponsor’s name)
05/03/2018 - Council Tax Letter (Both names)
13/04/2018 - HSBC credit card statement (Applicant’s name)
01/05/2018 - Pre Termination Inspection letter from Landlord for the previous flat (Both names)
16/05/2018 - United Utilities bill (Sponsor’s name)
4/06/2018 - United Utilities bill (Both names)
13/06/2018 - DBS certificate (Sponsor’s name)
4/06/2018 - Council Tax letter (Both names)
22/06/2018 - Council tax letter (Applicant’s name)
17/08/2018 - HSBC Bank statement (Applicant’s name)
28/08/2018 - Council Tax letter (Both names)
08/2018 - Letter from Blood and Transport (NHS) (Sponsor’s name)
6/10/2018 - HSBC Bank statement (Sponsor’s name)
26/10/2018 - Civil Services Pension Letter ( Applicant’s name)
02/12/2018 - HMRC letter (Applicant’s name)
10/12/2018 - United Utilities bill (Both names)
Annual Tax Summary from HMRC for 2017-18 (Applicant’s name)
17/01/2019 - DBS certificate (Applicant’s name)
21/01/2019 - DBS certificate (Sponsor’s name)
22/02/2019 - Letter from landlord (Both names)
25/04/2019 - Letter from previous landlord with both the names and period of stay in that flat (Both names)
30/04/2019 - Monthly Tenants Liability Insurance Policy Annual Statement (Both names)

Financial requirement (my husband/me alone will meet this on our salary basis, but we have included both)
Applicant’s Letter from Employer
Applicant’s 12 months payslips
Applicant’s 12 months bank statements
Applicant’s P60 (current and previous year)
Husband’s letter from Employer
Husband’s payslips from January 2019
Husband’s 6 months bank statements

Relationship
Marriage Certificate

Declaration and consents
Declaration signed by husband
Declaration signed by the applicant
Consent signed by husband as he is also the joint owner for some of the bills and sponsor for me

Other reasons to stay in UK
Job - Employment letter provided
Spouse - marriage certificate provided
Friends - letter from a friend (provided)

Dulce
Newly Registered

Post by Dulce » Mon May 06, 2019 9:26 pm

************ Urgent help please. Last minute last question for my visa application ***************

Hi all,

I have a question here. I am going to take 2 passport size photos of me and my husband.

Do they need to be signed?

If so, can my husband sign on the back of the photograph and send it to me. I will take the copies here.

As I got an appointment somewhere far, I have come here already so I can't get the photographs signed directly.

Please suggest.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue May 07, 2019 12:24 am

Dulce wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 9:26 pm
************ Urgent help please. Last minute last question for my visa application ***************

Hi all,

I have a question here. I am going to take 2 passport size photos of me and my husband.

Do they need to be signed?

If so, can my husband sign on the back of the photograph and send it to me. I will take the copies here.

As I got an appointment somewhere far, I have come here already so I can't get the photographs signed directly.

Please suggest.
Passport photos are no longer needed. In past when these were needed then name & date of birth with black ink in capital letters used to be written on the back of them, no harm if you do same just for own peace of mind.

dulce03
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dulce03 » Tue May 07, 2019 1:23 pm

Thanks very much for the prompt reply.

My relative is writing a letter to support this application. What should be included in this letter exactly?

I did not find any format online.
Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks