ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

mailing in Tier 1 application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

purple2008
Newly Registered

mailing in Tier 1 application

Post by purple2008 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:26 pm

hi,

i'm sending in my tier 1 application -- have other people just used regular mail or do most people use royal mail special delivery?

also, do you know how we get our documents back? is it just sent through the regular post? if we want special delivery, is there a way to request that?

thanks!

marbin
Newly Registered

Post by marbin » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:42 pm

Dear Purple,
Advance congrats for you in your tier-1 application. What kind of papers/cover letter you submit? Is it possible to provide me the maintenance cover letter please?

Thanks!!!

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Re: mailing in Tier 1 application

Post by hussainkothari » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:10 pm

Assuming you are applying from the UK.

AFAIK all others have used Royal mail special devlivery.
purple2008 wrote: have other people just used regular mail or do most people use royal mail special delivery?
Your docs are send bt the HO by RM 2nd class recorded delivery. This means you have to sign for your docs. You can put in a SD RM envelope for the HO to use, to dispatch your docs as well.
purple2008 wrote: also, do you know how we get our documents back? is it just sent through the regular post? if we want special delivery, is there a way to request that?

purple2008
Newly Registered

Post by purple2008 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:02 pm

[quote="hussainkothari"]Assuming you are applying from the UK.

AFAIK all others have used Royal mail special devlivery.

[/quote]

So if we use royal mail special delivery, we can send it to the address listed in the directions:
UK Border Agency
Tier 1 (General)
PO Box 496
Millburngate House
Durham
DH99 1WQ

we don't have to use the special address for the courier service right? i'm not sure since you have to sign for recorded delivery...

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:20 am

purple2008 wrote:So if we use royal mail special delivery, we can send it to the address listed in the directions:
UK Border Agency
Tier 1 (General)
PO Box 496
Millburngate House
Durham
DH99 1WQ

we don't have to use the special address for the courier service right? i'm not sure since you have to sign for recorded delivery...
You can send it to either, but I would recommend sending it to the address meant for courier services (am too tired to explain why).

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:42 am

Just send it to the PO Box, Royal Mail don't just leave it in the box, someone will sign for it (or sign for everything Royal Mail have delivered in one go).

You only need to use the courier address if you're using a courier.
________
FREE WALMART GIFT CARDS
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:48 pm

WoodieG wrote:You only need to use the courier address if you're using a courier.
Don't mean to start an arguement here ... but one can send SD to either the courier address or the PO Box address. It's up to the applicant.

The slight advantage of sending it to the courier address is that a person is always available (during working hours) at that address to sign a receipt. On the other hand, documents sent to PO Box wait at the mail delivery center to be collected (and signed) by somebody from HO. However, the frequency of this collection is not known to me.

I have sent 5 applications (using SD) to HO's courier addresses in the last 3 years.

Hope this helps.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!