ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M): Appendix FM-SE Para 2 vs Para 9

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

helpplease!
United Kingdom

FLR(M): Appendix FM-SE Para 2 vs Para 9

Post by helpplease! » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:15 pm

I will be applying to extend my British residence permit as a spouse in May/June, using FLR(M). Regarding financials, one area I need assistance to clear up is the following; I am a full time permanent employee of a limited company on a standard PAYE basis. The company has 10+ employees. My partner is the sole director/shareholder/managing director of the limited company. I have just read the following in Appendix FM-SE;

"9. In respect of income from employment and/or shares in a limited company based in the UK of a type specified in paragraph 9(a), the requirements of paragraph 9(b)-(e) shall apply in place of the requirements of paragraphs 2 and 10(b).
(a) The specified type of limited company is one in which:
(i) the person is either a director or employee of the company, or both, or of another company within the same group; and
(ii) shares are held (directly or indirectly) by the person, their partner or the following family members of the person or their partner: parent, grandparent, child, stepchild, grandchild, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, nephew, niece or first cousin; and
(iii) any remaining shares are held (directly or indirectly) by fewer than five other persons."

Does this mean I will have to also submit my partners companies financial documents in line with 9(b)-(e), as well as the usual payslips, confirmation of employment letter, personal bank statements etc, instead of only paragraph 2?

helpplease!
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M): Appendix FM-SE Para 2 vs Para 9

Post by helpplease! » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:41 am

Following comments on other forums, it seems that I will need to follow 9(b)-(e) and submit my partners company documents. Considering this, how best to submit such company documents? Would it be best to have the companies accountant write a covering letter and enclose them?

One more question, who should write my confirmation of employment letter? My partner as he is the Managing Director of the company, or can it be my line manager (the companies Operations Director)??