ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric document submission related query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

skpaul
Newly Registered
India

previous Visa refusal for USA

Post by skpaul » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:27 pm

Hello all,

I am applying for Tier -2 general visa (shortage occupation) as the main applicant. There is a question while filling the visa application:
"Have you ever been:
-- refused a visa for any country other than the UK
-- deported from any country other than the UK
-- removed from any country other than the UK
-- required to leave any country other than the UK
-- refused entry at the border of any country other than the UK" under Travel history section.

Here are my travel history details:
1. 2013: my USA B1 visa was rejected under section 214(B).
2. 2015-Jan: I applied for L1B visa (ICT) and it was approved. I travelled to the USA on L1B visa.
3. 2015-Oct: I travelled to the USA on L1B visa.
4. 2016-May: I travelled to the USA on L1B visa.

My HR answered the above question as "NO" for me. I just wanted to make sure if this is correct. Should I answer "Yes" for this question, but then all the other points are not applicable for me except the first one (i.e. refused a visa for any country other than the UK).

Please guide me on this.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: previous Visa refusal for USA

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:07 pm

It is yes if you have had any refusals for any country.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

skpaul
Newly Registered
India

Re: previous Visa refusal for USA

Post by skpaul » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:28 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:07 pm
It is yes if you have had any refusals for any country.
Thanks for your reply. My HR confirmed to me that it would be "Yes" and she said she would correct it and add this information by hand once the application form has been submitted. Any issues with correction by hand? will it have any adverse impact on my visa application?

skpaul
Newly Registered
India

Biometric document submission related query

Post by skpaul » Thu May 02, 2019 3:40 pm

Hi,
Yesterday, I have attended the bio-metric appointment for Tier-2 General visa with my wife (Tier-2 dependent). Couple of things I am worried about this is:

1. There was one guy in the reception area who was arranging all the documents asked me not to include VISA application form (print out of online visa application form) in the submission file. But, while filling the visa application form online, there was a mistake related to my previous USA visa refusal. The guy misleaded me saying the VISA application form is not required at all to submit. He asked me not to put visa application fee copy and the VISA application form. Now, I am very much worried about my visa approval. What to do now? Can we still upload the documents on vfs global website after the bio-metric is done or how can I communicate this to UKVI? Should I inform my HR so that they can give a try to communicate this to UKVI?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Biometric document submission related query

Post by CR001 » Thu May 02, 2019 3:49 pm

You should not upload anything once you have attended the appointment.

You should have simply written a brief covering letter. The print out of the form is NOT required to be scanned as it has been submitted electronically already.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

skpaul
Newly Registered
India

Re: Biometric document submission related query

Post by skpaul » Thu May 02, 2019 4:00 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 3:49 pm
You should not upload anything once you have attended the appointment.

You should have simply written a brief covering letter. The print out of the form is NOT required to be scanned as it has been submitted electronically already.
I did submit the lodgement letter in the file in bio-metric appointment. In lodgement letter, it is mentioned about my previous USA visa refusal. Should it be fine then?