ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chakde23

Post by chakde23 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:49 am

Aamir,
Next time you speak to CC , why dont you insist on checking if there is a note on the system for CW to wait till Bank Statments are sent ? If not, request CC to put a note or ask him how can you get a confirmation that CW is aware , you are soon going to send statements ?
aamirmalik wrote:???????????????????????????
aamirmalik wrote:friends...i have requested HO by sending fax that im waiting for my bank statment from Pakistan.....HO rep said CW might give u time to send bank statment...

Wat do u think do they wait on your request????

CASE was sent on 15MAY...by observing time lines my case will be decided in this week
37 days have past

PLZ COMMENT

karthik143
Newly Registered

Post by karthik143 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:08 am

any approvals ?

junior

Post by junior » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:09 am

aamirmalik wrote:friends...i have requested HO by sending fax that im waiting for my bank statment from Pakistan.....HO rep said CW might give u time to send bank statment...

Wat do u think do they wait on your request????

CASE was sent on 15MAY...by observing time lines my case will be decided in this week
37 days have past

PLZ COMMENT

As you have already sent a fax, do a follow up on the same by an email and also a letter by RM 1st class explaining your details and do request for your application to be kept on hold till the HO receives the bank statements...also explain the reasons why it should be kept on hold...in between this process....try and get the exact date of despatch of ur bank stmts from ur home country and once the confirmed date of receipt is known to u at this end, send another follow up email...(don't worry about repeating your case/application again)

Hope this helps.

Marishka
Newly Registered

Post by Marishka » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:50 am

Got my visa:

Type: From IGS to Tier 1
Applied on: 20 May 2008
Recd by HO on: 21 May 2008
Payment taken : 21 May 2008
Passport Recd : 23 June 2008
Visa expire date: 18 June 2011
Processing time: 30 days
Note : Faxed an urgent treatment request letter (a medical reason) on 18th June (with tickets and a letter from my doctor).

Applied through an agent. She has my passport, but I will pick it up today.
When I asked her to send an urgent treatment request to HO, she said there is no ur.tmt forms available for TIER1, but I convinced her refering to this forum that some people used this form and got their applications speeded up.

I did not call HO a single time as this website gave me a continuous update on the HO progress.

Thank you! and good luck :)

ddpatel256
Newly Registered

Post by ddpatel256 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:10 pm

Hi Marishka,

What is ISG ?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:19 pm

International Graduates Scheme (IGS).

regards
ddpatel256 wrote:Hi Marishka,

What is ISG ?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

laskk

Hi Guys,

Post by laskk » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:10 pm

Can i any one tell me plz that, Current date of application(Tier 1) is under consideration by BIA till today.

If possible just paste the HO link in urs reply.

thanks in Advnc.

Regards,
Laskk

marbin
Newly Registered

Post by marbin » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:57 pm

Dear Marishka,
Many congrats for you. Is it possible to let us know, what kind of papers u submit and is it possible to provide the maintanance cover letter please?

Thanks

Marishka wrote:Got my visa:

Type: From IGS to Tier 1
Applied on: 20 May 2008
Recd by HO on: 21 May 2008
Payment taken : 21 May 2008
Passport Recd : 23 June 2008
Visa expire date: 18 June 2011
Processing time: 30 days
Note : Faxed an urgent treatment request letter (a medical reason) on 18th June (with tickets and a letter from my doctor).

Applied through an agent. She has my passport, but I will pick it up today.
When I asked her to send an urgent treatment request to HO, she said there is no ur.tmt forms available for TIER1, but I convinced her refering to this forum that some people used this form and got their applications speeded up.

I did not call HO a single time as this website gave me a continuous update on the HO progress.

Thank you! and good luck :)

pcmalik

Re: Hi Guys,

Post by pcmalik » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:59 pm

HO website says:
Straight forward applications (including Tier 1's) between 2 June 2008 and 6 June 2008. All other applications between 28 May 2008 and 2 June 2008.

Here is the link:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... tingtimes/
laskk wrote:Can i any one tell me plz that, Current date of application(Tier 1) is under consideration by BIA till today.

thanks in Advnc.

Regards,
Laskk

baheri

Post by baheri » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:33 pm

karthik143 wrote:any approvals ?
still waiting

Maheshindiauk
Newly Registered

Post by Maheshindiauk » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:21 pm

Hi,
Can you please inform me what type of applications are Straight forward applications (including Tier 1's) and All other applications. I have applied with HSMP approval letter on 04-June . Does my app falls in the Straight forward applications (including Tier 1's)?
pcmalik wrote:HO website says:
Straight forward applications (including Tier 1's) between 2 June 2008 and 6 June 2008. All other applications between 28 May 2008 and 2 June 2008.

Here is the link:
laskk wrote:Can i any one tell me plz that, Current date of application(Tier 1) is under consideration by BIA till today.

thanks in Advnc.

Regards,
Laskk

Marishka
Newly Registered

Post by Marishka » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:26 pm

By maintanance cover letter do you mean a cover letter that explains you docs or bank statements that prove your maintanace requirement?

I did not write the cover latter, my agent did. But my case was straightforward as I showed my salary that I earned, while working in the UK.

The docs I submitted:

Qualifications

my Masters certificate of award + academic transcript

Previous Earnings

payslips + bank statements + P60 + letter from employer

UK experience

my Masters certificate of award, which was also used in the "Qualifications" section.

my agent said my passport will do.

I also included police registration certificate.
For my English language requirements the same Masters certificate of award was considered, and for the maintanance funds proof - bank statements (also used in "Previous Earnings").

Does it answer your question?
Good luck!

[quote="marbin"]Dear Marishka,
Many congrats for you. Is it possible to let us know, what kind of papers u submit and is it possible to provide the maintanance cover letter please?

Thanks

[quote="Marishka"]

vito0514

Post by vito0514 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:41 pm

That's not the correct information - there is a confusion:
I called to HO and they confirmed that web page http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... tingtimes/ contains info about WORK PERMITS! (Level 1)
There they used confusing term "Tier 1" to indicate WP "Level 1", but it IS NOT a PBS Tier 1 (General) waiting time.

BTW, their web-site doesn't contain any info about PBS Tier 1 (General) waiting time.
pcmalik wrote:HO website says:

Here is the link:

thanks in Advnc.

Regards,
Laskk

vito0514

Re: Approved :)

Post by vito0514 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:49 pm

I have been a silent member of this group. Here is my time line

Applied (by Special Delivery): 5th June 2008
Recd by HO on : 6th June 2008
Reference Number dated : 6th June 2008
Ref number : PB307**
Urgent Treatment Letter Faxed (urgent business trip in July)

marbin
Newly Registered

Post by marbin » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:10 pm

Dear Marishka,
Thanks for the information u provide. My case is also straigh-forward like u and i am applying by my own. I am preparing my maintanance cover letter now. How much your agent charged to you? :)

Anyway, thanks for your prompt reply.

Marbin
Marishka wrote:By maintanance cover letter do you mean a cover letter that explains you docs or bank statements that prove your maintanace requirement?

I did not write the cover latter, my agent did. But my case was straightforward as I showed my salary that I earned, while working in the UK.

The docs I submitted:

Qualifications

my Masters certificate of award + academic transcript

Previous Earnings

payslips + bank statements + P60 + letter from employer

UK experience

my Masters certificate of award, which was also used in the "Qualifications" section.

my agent said my passport will do.

I also included police registration certificate.
For my English language requirements the same Masters certificate of award was considered, and for the maintanance funds proof - bank statements (also used in "Previous Earnings").

Does it answer your question?
Good luck!

marbin wrote:Dear Marishka,

Thanks

Marishka wrote:

desaisonalr
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Approved :)

Post by desaisonalr » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:41 pm

vito0514 wrote:I have been a silent member of this group. Here is my time line

Is there any particular format for the urgent treatment letter?

nervoustimes
Newly Registered

Post by nervoustimes » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:02 pm

Have a query regarding switching from Work permit to tier 1. I work for an Indian company in the UK and am currently on Work Permit . Do I need to notify my company once I get the Tier 1.

In case I dont, wont it be a problem because the company will then claim benefits based on my status as a tier 2 applicant.

Please advise.

vito0514

Post by vito0514 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:21 pm

Formally speaking, BIA repeatedly says (on web-site and on phone) that they are "currently unable to offer an urgent treatment service". So, there is no particular form/format for the urgent treatment request.

So, the format is free: like cover letter, referring to the application and explainng the reason for the urgent treatment request; supporting documents better to be attached, prooving the valid urgent nature of the request, otherwise it's just a waste of time: both your time as well as BIA's time (and thus the processing delays for the other applications).
desaisonalr wrote:
vito0514 wrote:I have been a silent member of this group. Here is my time line

Is there any particular format for the urgent treatment letter?
Last edited by vito0514 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

lokesh

Post by lokesh » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:37 pm

thanx chakde,vipul....

karthik143
Newly Registered

Post by karthik143 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:14 am

any approvals??????????????????????????????
plsssssssssssss update

saqib389

Post by saqib389 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:44 am

Hi There

I am in UK on IGS visa.. and have applied for Tier 1 general recently ...

I did 4 years bachelors in computer science from pakistan, in lahore, ( institute of management and sciences) but its not in the Self Assesment Tool of HO website.... so i send my degree to UK NARIC and they respond me back with the letter and written on the letter

"UK NARIC has considered my Bachelor Degree is comparable to BRITISH BACHELOR (ORDINARY) DEGREE "

I need to know does HO would accept this statement ? is this fullfill all english requirement for TIER 1 general ?

Looking forward to hear from you

Many Thanks

Saqib

bsbs

Post by bsbs » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:01 am

saqib389 wrote:Hi There

I did 4 years bachelors in computer science from pakistan, in lahore, ( institute of management and sciences) but its not in the Self Assesment Tool of HO website.... so i send my degree to UK NARIC and they respond me back with the letter and written on the letter

"UK NARIC has considered my Bachelor Degree is comparable to BRITISH BACHELOR (ORDINARY) DEGREE "

I need to know does HO would accept this statement ? is this fullfill all english requirement for TIER 1 general ?

Many Thanks

Saqib
You can get a letter from the Institite(In their letter head) that teaching medium is english and you have passsed. NARIC has recognised it's a UK equivalent bachelor degree but still you need to prove that medium was english.

baheri

Post by baheri » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:36 am

bsbs wrote:
saqib389 wrote:Hi There

Many Thanks

Saqib
You can get a letter from the Institite(In their letter head) that teaching medium is english and you have passsed. NARIC has recognised it's a UK equivalent bachelor degree but still you need to prove that medium was english.[/quot

Y wud not HO accept ur degree if It is recogise by NARIC. If they refused u on these grounds, u can appeal in court.

beever

Post by beever » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:37 am

still waiting and no news - applied on 28 april

baheri

TIER 1 Extension

Post by baheri » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:38 am

received nothing today even after 8 weeks.