ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent!!! Need help Guys can i travelling Alone to uk ?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Fjkhan
Newly Registered
India

Urgent!!! Need help Guys can i travelling Alone to uk ?

Post by Fjkhan » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:58 pm

Hi all,
I just wanted to know do my spouse suppose to the at airport? Coz my flight on friday and my spouse on holidayin in sweden to see her parents i have a eea family permit( 6 months) just got it now i want to give a surprise to my spouse she will be back on monday my question is she really need to be there ? Im bit confused guys..
Any little help will be appreciated.
Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Urgent!!! Need help Guys can i travelling Alone to uk ?

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:05 am

Fjkhan wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:58 pm
Hi all,
I just wanted to know do my spouse suppose to the at airport? Coz my flight on friday and my spouse on holidayin in sweden to see her parents i have a eea family permit( 6 months) just got it now i want to give a surprise to my spouse she will be back on monday my question is she really need to be there ? Im bit confused guys..
Thanks
Never heard of this - spouse could not enter any restricted/immigration areas.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Fjkhan
Newly Registered
India

Post by Fjkhan » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:39 am

@alterhase58 thanks for reply. She is european she could enter to any european country easily. I am talking about myself i got eea family permit my question is My flight is on friday and she is not in uk i want to give her a surprise i didn't tell her about my reservation she is in sweden went to see her parents will be back on sunday so i heard that IO will ask me about my wife where's she? There is any problem if i tell them she is holidayin in sweden ? Or she should be at airport on my arrival?

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:19 pm

You will be asked at the border about whereabouts of your spouse, and if she is meeting you. Your explanation about wanting to make surprise to your wife will not be taken seriously. They might ask you where you are going to stay while your wife is out of country (Do you actually have keys to the property?).
Why can't you fly on another day? Save yourself time and money.
You have right of entry but it is border officers who will decide in the end - whether you can enter the country or not.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:34 pm

Fjkhan wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:58 pm
Hi all,
Thanks

with Just EEA Family Permit do not travel before. She need to be in the UK .. They will ask loads of questions .. Better not travel before her
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

Fbiboy2002
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:39 pm

I think you will be fine just tell them you are surprising her but yes they will ask alot of questions and you must have a key for her house and try to print some evidence that you still in relationship and she is expecting you sometimes to arrive to the UK evidence like chat between both of you and some phone calls but they will let you in that what I think

Fjkhan
Newly Registered
India

Post by Fjkhan » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:44 pm

Thanks for your replying guys.... I got lots of evidence like i am chating to her every day and calls,payslips,council tax paid bill and house aggrement. If they ask i will tell them to call her on whatsapp or fb is that fine guys?

Fbiboy2002
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:14 pm

Fjkhan wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:44 pm
Thanks for your replying guys.... I got lots of evidence like i am chating to her every day and calls,payslips,council tax paid bill and house aggrement. If they ask i will tell them to call her on whatsapp or fb is that fine guys?
Yes be prepared that they might call her

Fjkhan
Newly Registered
India

Post by Fjkhan » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:34 pm

@fabiboy2002 thanks for reply... I don't mind man if they wanna talk they can talk my only reason to give her a surprise coz it's been long man...

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:18 pm

They will call her for sure. Biggest problem is if she don't answer they may ask you to wait . it can take 1 - 3 hours depend on how busy they are.

When i was travelling alone with EEA residence card. Heathrow IO asked for my ex Wife Phone number and they called her but her she didn't pickup the phone but in the end they let me enter. I was waiting for 2 hours and missed my connecting flight and train

Fjkhan
Newly Registered
India

Post by Fjkhan » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:33 am

askmeplz82 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:18 pm
They will call her for sure. Biggest problem is if she don't answer they may ask you to wait . it can take 1 - 3 hours depend on how busy they are.

When i was travelling alone with EEA residence card. Heathrow IO asked for my ex Wife Phone number and they called her but her she didn't pickup the phone but in the end they let me enter. I was waiting for 2 hours and missed my connecting flight and train
Thanks for reply @askmeplz82. She will defo pickup the call coz i am landing there in evening. Did they call your ex again? or just after long wait they allowed you to go?

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:12 am

Fjkhan wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:33 am
askmeplz82 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:18 pm

Thanks for reply @askmeplz82. She will defo pickup the call coz i am landing there in evening. Did they call your ex again? or just after long wait they allowed you to go?

No they told me your EX is not picking up the phone. but next time be prepared . i just laughed and left