ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT! - Tier 1 (highly skilled) app rejected

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Legend79
Newly Registered

URGENT! - Tier 1 (highly skilled) app rejected

Post by Legend79 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:11 pm

Hi,

I submitted my application from within the UK about two months ago. I got back my application today and they rejected my application.

Reason given is that the payslips I had given for 3 months were not original whereas the payslips for the remaining three were ok. The thing is the payslips for the year '07 were black and so they looked like Photo Copies, whereas the payslips for '08 were blue so they looked original. ALL of them were originals though.

Now they have only added up the pay from the '08 payslips. Obviously I did not qualify.

Now I want to appeal. I have to appeal within the next ten days. Has anyone gone through something like this before. Any help would be highly appretiated.
Last edited by Legend79 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:17 am, edited 3 times in total.

Legend79
Newly Registered

Re: Appeal for rejected Tier 1 (highly skilled) application

Post by Legend79 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:51 am

Someone? Anyone? I have to appeal with the next few days. Any help would be highly appretiated.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:14 am

Sorry, I am not in position to help you as I do not have knowledge of Review procedure.

However, I like to know if your B&W were not attested by your Payroll department.

I beleive its little risky when you have B&W originals and you apply without seal of Payroll or HR on them.

Best Wishes,
Rajesh.

UKbound

Post by UKbound » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:20 pm

It doesn't hurt to appeal, but you're not allowed to introduce new documents. I'd try to appeal and see if it works. You should explain the difference in color.

If the appeal doesn't work, you could reapply with certified documents for your earnings (stamped/signed, etc).

What documents did you submit? Did you submit any supporting documents that show the same info (eg; confirming bank statements, etc)
If you end up deciding to reapply, then make sure you submit supporting docs to avoid the same issue.

If you've already submitted supporting info, then I'd definitely appeal as your chances are better if you have proof from bank statements, etc., that the earnings on your pay receipts are correct.

Good luck!

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:47 pm

You have a strong case so you should apply for a review. Although you are not allowed to submit any new evidence in support of your application, there is no harm in submitting a letter from your employer which says that they changed the format of the pay slips in ... month/year and the pay slips were printed in B/W before that (might want to attach a sample too).

You can claim in your review letter that the case-worker did not evaluate the supporting documents for the earnings criteria. The fact that some of the salary slips were in B/W should not cast a doubt on the authenticity of the document itself.

Reards,

push_hsmp

Legend79
Newly Registered

Post by Legend79 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:22 am

I was awarded points for everything except income.

As proof of income I submitted my P-60 and my payslips for the months that I had worked. They counted the payslips for the four months of 2008. These payslips were blue. The three payslips from Oct to Dec were not counted, ensuring that I would not get the number of points needed to qualify.

If I appeal and get it that's fine. If I get turned down again and choose to reapply, can I do it from within the UK? or do I have to go back to India and do this cause my visa is almost over. I didn't think it would be rejected in the first place as I had everything in order.

Any thoughts/suggests welcome.

aaanjoo

Post by aaanjoo » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:03 am

Was your income on P60 qualifying?
Legend79 wrote:I was awarded points for everything except income.

As proof of income I submitted my P-60 and my payslips for the months that I had worked. They counted the payslips for the four months of 2008. These payslips were blue. The three payslips from Oct to Dec were not counted, ensuring that I would not get the number of points needed to qualify.

If I appeal and get it that's fine. If I get turned down again and choose to reapply, can I do it from within the UK? or do I have to go back to India and do this cause my visa is almost over. I didn't think it would be rejected in the first place as I had everything in order.

Any thoughts/suggests welcome.

Legend79
Newly Registered

Post by Legend79 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:05 am

About £42,000.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:19 am

While the reason of refusal you have mentioned seems self-explanatory, it seems that you submitted only 6-7 payslips rather than 12 (not a problem, since rules allow you to).

But does the P60 also reflect income for *only* those 6-7 months?? Or does it include income from other months also?? I mean if you have submitted payslips (for example) Oct - Mar., then does P60 reflect income and tax for these months only? Or does the P60 reflect additional income and tax from other months as well (up and above the Oct-Mar period)??

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Legend79
Newly Registered

Post by Legend79 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:22 am

Yes. Income on P-60 is about £42,000. The sum of the income on those 7 payslips is about £42000.

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:59 pm

Sorry about your refusal. How does your P60 look like ? Mine says P60 substitute and printed on A4 Plain paper in black and white (original document) Can you please clarify ? thanks for your help

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:15 pm

Cool! I believe you are already aware of the finer point on tax documents that I wanted to bring out (fearing that you might have missed and CW might have overlooked).

regards
Legend79 wrote:Yes. Income on P-60 is about £42,000. The sum of the income on those 7 payslips is about £42000.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Legend79
Newly Registered

Post by Legend79 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:45 am

tech wrote:Sorry about your refusal. How does your P60 look like ? Mine says P60 substitute and printed on A4 Plain paper in black and white (original document) Can you please clarify ? thanks for your help
The real P-60 is blue and white (sort of). If you send them you're P-60 substitue, I'm pretty sure they will reject your app :). I think that the goverment website should have a sample P-60 on there.

Legend79
Newly Registered

Post by Legend79 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:06 am

I'm looking for someone who has had to go through an Appeal process. Need advice on that. Anyone?