ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How reliable is WWW.BOOKING.COM for booking hotels

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chirantansaha
Newly Registered

How reliable is WWW.BOOKING.COM for booking hotels

Post by chirantansaha » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:43 am

Hi All

Any idea, How reliable is WWW.BOOKING.COM for booking hotels that is required as a Proof of UK accomodation?

Is there anyone already used it?

Do they cut any changes if booking is cancelled before 1 or 2 days?

Pls let me know.

Thanks
Chirantan

goldfish
Member of Standing

Re: How reliable is WWW.BOOKING.COM for booking hotels

Post by goldfish » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:07 am

chirantansaha wrote:Hi All

Any idea, How reliable is WWW.BOOKING.COM for booking hotels that is required as a Proof of UK accomodation?

Pls let me know.

Thanks
Chirantan
I've used them before (for a hotel in Singapore I think) and everything was fine.

I don't know what their cancellation policy is, best to check their website.

chirantansaha
Newly Registered

Post by chirantansaha » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:11 am

goldfish wrote:
chirantansaha wrote:Hi All

Pls let me know.

Thanks
Chirantan
I've used them before (for a hotel in Singapore I think) and everything was fine.

I don't know what their cancellation policy is, best to check their website.
Hi goldfish

Did they charged you at time of booking the hotel? Or they charges you at the time of checkin.

Pls let me know.

Thanks in advance
Chirantan

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:26 pm

Not sure, I've used lots of websites and can't remember them apart. Their website would tell you though. Other people have used venere.com which I am fairly sure doesn't require payment until checkin/checkout.

chirantansaha
Newly Registered

Post by chirantansaha » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:05 pm

goldfish wrote:Not sure, I've used lots of websites and can't remember them apart. Their website would tell you though. Other people have used venere.com which I am fairly sure doesn't require payment until checkin/checkout.
Thanks a lot friend !!!

Anyone else has any other ideas? Pls share with us.

Thanks
C Saha

coolsats
BANNED

Post by coolsats » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:18 am

Hey,

You can try travelstay.com. Pretty need and good website for cheap hotels in london.
Bit you need to cough out 10% upfront.
I booked my stay from 1st to 14th August and and i had to cough up 1500 i.e 10% of the entire amount.
I would say neat and clear, try this...and the momet you pay, you get a mail confirming you booking, rest when you check in, you pay.
Hope that helps...

chirantansaha
Newly Registered

Post by chirantansaha » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:23 am

coolsats wrote:Hey,

You can try travelstay.com. Pretty need and good website for cheap hotels in london.
Bit you need to cough out 10% upfront.
I booked my stay from 1st to 14th August and and i had to cough up 1500 i.e 10% of the entire amount.
I would say neat and clear, try this...and the momet you pay, you get a mail confirming you booking, rest when you check in, you pay.
Hope that helps...
Thanks Friend !!!

But I need to book a hotel just to provide an accomodation proof. I am going to cancell it anyway. So I want to know a specific hotel which will book my hotel booking and will not charge now.

Pls let me know if you have any idea about this.

pkhsmp

Post by pkhsmp » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:55 am

This website is quite reliable. I have used it to book hotel when I travel to different cities in UK. But there is word of caution here from my experience when I used it to book for accommodation proof for HSMP visa.

I booked a hotel in cambridge and its terms and conditions clearly stated that they charge credit card when you check in. But they charged my whole booking fee for 14 days. They told me that if credit card is from India or Pakistan, they charge the whole amount upfront.

I have to write a lot of emails and send them letters saying that I will take legal action before they gave me the refund. booking.com customer service people were quite helpful and they also pressed the hotel to refund me.

chirantansaha
Newly Registered

Post by chirantansaha » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:11 pm

pkhsmp wrote:This website is quite reliable. I have used it to book hotel when I travel to different cities in UK. But there is word of caution here from my experience when I used it to book for accommodation proof for HSMP visa.

I booked a hotel in cambridge and its terms and conditions clearly stated that they charge credit card when you check in. But they charged my whole booking fee for 14 days. They told me that if credit card is from India or Pakistan, they charge the whole amount upfront.

I have to write a lot of emails and send them letters saying that I will take legal action before they gave me the refund. booking.com customer service people were quite helpful and they also pressed the hotel to refund me.

Great information ... Thanks a lot dude ... I am looking for such informations only ...